Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby morell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:11 am

Trader wrote:morell, if a new club had 10 former Div 5 players on its list, and 70 in total, would you want them to start in Div 7, or Div 6?

{I am trying to work out if you are more upset with Para Hills dropping a couple of grades, or if you are upset that they will win the D7 flag}

Also, after correcting Computer Crashed's "your gunna", I can't believe you then used "stahp".
I would grade them as accurately as I could to their expected standard. So in the case you presented, D6 would be my call.

I am pretty consistent with this - I wanted Brighton in D3 and Morphy Parks in D4. I prioritise the evenness and fairness of the competitions for all clubs in each division over "punishing" or "rewarding" individual clubs. The "making them earn it" argument is even more ridiculous.

I've been involved (on both ends) in stupidly lop sided competitions and it ******* sucks and is unhealthy for the league overall. We are seeing an increasing number of clubs falling into the cycle where they win a flag or get promoted, then completely fall apart. Almost as if it's either a healthily winning season or nothing.

As for "stahp" I assumed as a basement dwelling nerd that you'd understand common internet slang ;)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:13 am

adr107 wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:
Trader wrote:morell, if a new club had 10 former Div 5 players on its list, and 70 in total, would you want them to start in Div 7, or Div 6?

{I am trying to work out if you are more upset with Para Hills dropping a couple of grades, or if you are upset that they will win the D7 flag}

Also, after correcting Computer Crashed's "your gunna", I can't believe you then used "stahp".

Beat me to it.
Thanks.
He's always very upset.
I have a very stubborn person in my house too, it's a woman.

But just remember guys.....This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.

hahahahahaha.
Thanks for supporting my argument wee man.

are you worried Para Hills might be in D6 and prevent the mighty raiders from choking again?

but yes, this doesn't affect Mitchell Park. D7 is going to be very strong next year, we're simply not in a position to be talking Grand Finals or flags after losing 10+ players - and nor is that our overall goal, we're using 2017 as a development year. The only thing that will impact us is two healthy floggings.

It might rob St Pauls of getting to D6 though.
Or Flinders Uni/Central United from playing finals.
Or North Pines winning enough to survive.

Those are my concerns, you can all post that it's some sort of clever ploy by myself but I think you're dramatically overestimating my reach.
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 am

Given the big gap between D6 and D7 you're not solving anything by dropping Mawson Lakes down.

They'll still sit top, rob St Paul's of going to D6, stop other clubs from playing finals etc etc

Same arguments all over again
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby adr107 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:50 am

morell wrote:
adr107 wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Beat me to it.
Thanks.
He's always very upset.
I have a very stubborn person in my house too, it's a woman.

But just remember guys.....This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.

hahahahahaha.
Thanks for supporting my argument wee man.

are you worried Para Hills might be in D6 and prevent the mighty raiders from choking again?

but yes, this doesn't affect Mitchell Park. D7 is going to be very strong next year, we're simply not in a position to be talking Grand Finals or flags after losing 10+ players - and nor is that our overall goal, we're using 2017 as a development year. The only thing that will impact us is two healthy floggings.

It might rob St Pauls of getting to D6 though.
Or Flinders Uni/Central United from playing finals.
Or North Pines winning enough to survive.

Those are my concerns, you can all post that it's some sort of clever ploy by myself but I think you're dramatically overestimating my reach.

This wee man has been busy finding the right people to help us move onwards and upwards. Just focused on our own back yard. Not sure when we choked in div 6 though?

This hasn't been your finest week on here champ. You're right though. D7 will be the best standard it's been in some time. Hope you have a blast down there.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby morell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:08 am

adr107 wrote:This hasn't been your finest week on here champ
Disagree vehemently. :D
morell
Coach

Postby adr107 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:15 am

morell wrote:
adr107 wrote:This hasn't been your finest week on here champ
Disagree vehemently. :D

+10 points for use of the word vehemently.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby morell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:21 am

Q. wrote:Given the big gap between D6 and D7 you're not solving anything by dropping Mawson Lakes down.

They'll still sit top, rob St Paul's of going to D6, stop other clubs from playing finals etc etc

Nah, Para Hills will be a fair bit better than ML in 2017. Plus I am hearing some troublesome gossip about ML unfortunately. Also, ML, as I have said, have had 3 years in a row of struggles - so I would be less inclined to be peeved if they adversely affected D7 for those clubs.

When Para Hills last played they won a D5 flag. They'll get 60% of that side back. The remaining 40% will be just as good.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:34 am

Morrels argument is right in theory. If para hills end up with at least 70% of a div 5 premiership team playing in div 7 then that is a massive red flag

However they are way off from being in any such calibre right now and theyre actually a brand new club starting from scratch. Lets hope like any club they can attract everything they require

Meanwhile its fun stirring up morrel and without his passion this thread would likely be dead and when you all check this forum 20 times a day for some entertainment youd all have nothing to read

Para hills aside this is also actually a blatent attack on mawson lakes and morrell has it in for them and he wants blood lol voodoo doll style :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Its just sahhh obvs, Morell wants PH outta div 7 so Mitchell Park can totes win another flag nxt yr..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Barry » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:03 pm

morell wrote:
Q. wrote:Given the big gap between D6 and D7 you're not solving anything by dropping Mawson Lakes down.

Nah, Para Hills will be a fair bit better than ML in 2017. Plus I am hearing some troublesome gossip about ML unfortunately. Also, ML, as I have said, have had 3 years in a row of struggles - so I would be less inclined to be peeved if they adversely affected D7 for those clubs.

When Para Hills last played they won a D5 flag. They'll get 60% of that side back. The remaining 40% will be just as good.

Troublesome gossip, you must have some solid sources. How dare my club lie to me.
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 pm

morell wrote:

Hearing troublesome gossip, or starting troublesome gossip?
Q.
Coach

Postby Minion Master » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:20 pm

This wee man has been busy finding the right people to help us move onwards and upwards. Just focused on our own back yard. Not sure when we choked in div 6 though?

This hasn't been your finest week on here champ. You're right though. D7 will be the best standard it's been in some time. Hope you have a blast down there.[/quote]

2000 and around 2009 or 2010
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Minion Master » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:28 pm

so rumours gathering momentum that greenies will struggle to field 2 sides, maybe the league action now, substantiate if truth to rumours and offer them to re-group in lower division and para hills take their place in div 5.
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Minion Master wrote:This wee man has been busy finding the right people to help us move onwards and upwards. Just focused on our own back yard. Not sure when we choked in div 6 though?

This hasn't been your finest week on here champ. You're right though. D7 will be the best standard it's been in some time. Hope you have a blast down there.

2000 and around 2009 or 2010[/quote]
You actually need to make finals to choke
Q.
Coach

Postby Minion Master » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Q. wrote:
Minion Master wrote:This wee man has been busy finding the right people to help us move onwards and upwards. Just focused on our own back yard. Not sure when we choked in div 6 though?

2000 and around 2009 or 2010

You actually need to make finals to choke[/quote]

defined choking as not cutting it in div 6 and going back down to 7 :neutral:
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Minion Master wrote:so rumours gathering momentum that greenies will struggle to field 2 sides, maybe the league action now, substantiate if truth to rumours and offer them to re-group in lower division and para hills take their place in div 5.

West Croydon to Div 5
Para Hills to Div 6
Greenacres to Div 7

Problem solvered 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby blackRoo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:42 pm

WOW, it’s been a busy few days on here, the PHFC senior teams haven't played footy together now for nearly 14 months and by the time we play our first game it will be well over 18 months, yes we have been busy trying to get things right, yes we have a few old players coming back as well as some new faces to the club as well.
We are just happy to be playing footy again in 2017 and I'm sure the league will review our list, and put us in the most appropriate grade, we don't care where we play we just want to be running around the red black and white again.
blackRoo
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:47 pm

and he used pulease
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby morell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:51 pm

blackRoo wrote:We are just happy to be playing footy again in 2017
Absolutely. Welcome back and apologies if I've distracted from this. Its great that Para Hills are playing again.

Also, these are the lower level threads mate, we're no good at footy so get competitive down here.

Protip: when marbles agrees with you, question your very existence.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Q. wrote:
morell wrote:

Hearing troublesome gossip, or starting troublesome gossip?
I used the term gossip very purposefully. I cannot vouch for their strength and heard it second hand.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League