The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LPH » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Ditchy wrote: I'm sick of reading about the two AFL clubs being so bad etc, etc, etc. Time that SANFL supporters accepted that the SANFL is purely a feeder competition to the Crows, Port and the other 16 AFL clubs around Australia. Stop whining and accept the reality of the situation. FACT - the SANFL competition is no greater than the amateurs or the nearly country leagues in the eyes of spectators. You get more people to watch a GSFL, HFL or BLG game or a Div 1 SAAFL game than many SANFL games.

Why pay $14 to get through the gate, then pay $8 a beer and then top price for food etc, etc. Cheaper to go to a country game or SAAFL game. Nothing to get in and $5 beers and a $3 BBQ. All that and the standard is not that much greater. The SANFL is a dying competition. End of story

Ha, "... sick of reading about the two AFL clubs being so bad, etc ..."
What did you expect to read in this thread?
You are aware the thread is a 'Whinge Thread', yeah?

Question: How is it fair, that a Club who finishes outside the Final 5 (i.e Port Reserves) are allowed to simply poach a Club's Leading Goal Kicker (with ZERO payment) & the Competition's Leading Spearhead (by definition the BEST Forward in the League), because they have a 'Senior Team' that has ZERO Salary Cap restrictions, due to a Rule that allows them to place him on their 'Rookie List'???
How many games will he play for the 'Senior' side, if any?

As I said, its great for the Player (& I wish him EVERY success in furthering his career) but in terms of INTEGRITY & COMPROMISE & EQUITY - its shit! If you think otherwise, I suspect that you are Mark Bickley in disguise!
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:36 am

Ditchy proving it doesn't need to be perfect weather to go fishing, looks like he caught a good sized one too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby twosheds » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:53 am

Booney wrote:Ditchy proving it doesn't need to be perfect weather to go fishing, looks like he caught a good sized one too.

Aaah of course that old chestnut. :roll: One can imagine him sitting in his parents house at his keyboard in his underpants ,sucking on Dr. Pepper snickering and spitting Burger Ring crumbs everywhere when he "thinks" he has "caught" someone . here's a thought he's simply a flog.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:59 am

twosheds wrote:Aaah of course that old chestnut. :roll: One can imagine him sitting in his parents house at his keyboard in his underpants ,sucking on Dr. Pepper snickering and spitting Burger Ring crumbs everywhere when he "thinks" he has "caught" someone . here's a thought he's simply a flog.

Surely if the good doctor puts himself in that position he'd be violating the Hippocratic oath, or at least his registration as a medial practitioner.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:57 am

twosheds wrote:
Booney wrote:Ditchy proving it doesn't need to be perfect weather to go fishing, looks like he caught a good sized one too.

Aaah of course that old chestnut. :roll: One can imagine him sitting in his parents house at his keyboard in his underpants ,sucking on Dr. Pepper snickering and spitting Burger Ring crumbs everywhere when he "thinks" he has "caught" someone . here's a thought he's simply a flog.

If I think he's a flog,I'll say so. So far it looks to be a troll....in my view anyway.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Booney wrote:
twosheds wrote:

If I think he's a flog,I'll say so. So far it looks to be a troll....in my view anyway.

Could we have a vote?
I think he might be a misunderstood flog, who is reaching out, through this forum, to find someone who truly understands exactly what a flog he is.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:06 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:
twosheds wrote:

Could we have a vote?
I think he might be a misunderstood flog, who is reaching out, through this forum, to find someone who truly understands exactly what a flog he is.

I don't like his chances. Perhaps he should sign up with flogHarmony.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Oh, aren't they that group that get together and..... do things to themselves?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby twosheds » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:25 pm

Booney wrote:
twosheds wrote:

So we can all rest easy now, Booney has deemed it a troll.
For the record I reckon calling out a dickhead is an age old method of showing someone up as a fool or buffoon, used extensively well before the internet even existed. Perhaps I am showing my age but the whole " trolling/fishing" thing seems to be a cop out for the feeble minded when they are proved to be just that. Why not discuss/debate ?
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:34 pm

twosheds wrote:
Booney wrote:
twosheds wrote:

So we can all rest easy now, Booney has deemed it a troll.
For the record I reckon calling out a dickhead is an age old method of showing someone up as a fool or buffoon, used extensively well before the internet even existed. Perhaps I am showing my age but the whole " trolling/fishing" thing seems to be a cop out for the feeble minded when they are proved to be just that. Why not discuss/debate ?

About time I got the respect I deserve. Now, be gone.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Channeling Trump already Mr Boon? :lol:
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:53 pm

therisingblues wrote:Oh, aren't they that group that get together and..... do things to themselves?

This group?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Brown
Magellan
Coach

Postby Dogs72 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Does anyone know how much (in dollars), the AFL contributes to the SANFL each year? Not the sma return, but direct contribution.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby stan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Dogs72 wrote:Does anyone know how much (in dollars), the AFL contributes to the SANFL each year? Not the sma return, but direct contribution.

I think each AFL side last year had about 1.1mil each that was to the SANFL but Im not sure if that was regional development or what.

Maybe bennymacca can help you for the crows ans Booney would be your man for Port that maybe able to assist.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:08 pm

I heard Bucks tonight who is pro reserves say crowds are at 1000
Interesting, normally the pro reserves from the Crows side are positive about the crowd figures
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:53 am

Dogs72 wrote:Does anyone know how much (in dollars), the AFL contributes to the SANFL each year? Not the sma return, but direct contribution.

The Crows pay the $400,000 SANFL "licence" fee, if you will. Port Adelaide, recognised as a foundation member of the SANFL does not pay this fee.

Last year Port Adelaide directly contributed $1m to the SANFL coffers. This is not through the SMA etc.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogs72 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:04 am

Booney wrote:

The Crows pay the $400,000 SANFL "licence" fee, if you will. Port Adelaide, recognised as a foundation member of the SANFL does not pay this fee.

Last year Port Adelaide directly contributed $1m to the SANFL coffers. This is not through the SMA etc.

Sorry, I meant the AfL as an entity, not the sa afl sides and the agreements they may have in place.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:09 am

Dogs72 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Sorry, I meant the AfL as an entity, not the sa afl sides and the agreements they may have in place.

I reckon you'll struggle to find that information.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:42 am

Booney wrote:

$1m to SANFL coffers directly. Can you elaborate. Is this just the repayment of licence fee?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:44 am

Dogs72 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Don't the AFL pay some sort of fee back to the club from which a player is drafted from once they play a league game?
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL