The Class War - them versus us

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The Class War - them versus us

Postby Psyber » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote: Psyber and Jimmy should also consider running.

I did look into it after the last State election and was talked out of it - I wouldn't fit in
One of the questions I was asked was "how many people know your views on the poodle?"
Jimmy "anybody who'd listen"

I'm too old now and Psyber is probably of the same thinking. It really is a 24/7 game if you want to succeed
But some seem to thrive in it. Have a look at Koutsantonis who spends all day on Twitter / Facebook / radio / TV
I suspect the Mandarins prefer it like that so they dont have to deal with the feral

I have friends on both sides of politics but my Labor side friends are with the unions.
I'm not friends with any sitting Labor politician........

I looked into it at state level in the mid-90s, too, and had Alexander Downer's support if I put my hand up for Heysen when David Wotton stepped down,
When I reported that to my wife she started a campaign against it on the grounds that she did not want to be public property.
Her most telling remark, though, was "You are too idealistic, you would hate the compromises you had to make, and that would make you Hell to live with!"

Yes I am too old to be bothered now, but I have three friends who were SA ALP Ministers in the past.
(The only current MP I'd call a friend now is Martin Hamilton Smith and that is purely because of social, non-political, connection.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Psyber » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:22 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Gozu wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Psyber would make me vote Libs for the first time

Especially if in his maiden speech he referred to the fairer sex as his 'love slaves' ;)

Or just randomly retold the story of how Aphrodite the cat gave birth to sixteen kittens on his chest after a bottle of vintage Bordeaux and a good night bedding a fair maiden.

Now let us live up to journalistic standards and be accurate: :lol:
1. The cats name was Hecuba.
2. She had 3 kittens.
3. We'd had champagne to wash down the zabaglione the lady had whipped up for desert when I drove her home.
4. The lady wasn't a maiden, but a divorcee, a little olive skinned, and rather left politically. ( She later became my second wife.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 am

Psyber wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Gozu wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Psyber would make me vote Libs for the first time

Especially if in his maiden speech he referred to the fairer sex as his 'love slaves' ;)

Or just randomly retold the story of how Aphrodite the cat gave birth to sixteen kittens on his chest after a bottle of vintage Bordeaux and a good night bedding a fair maiden.

Now let us live up to journalistic standards and be accurate: :lol:
1. The cats name was Hecuba.
2. She had 3 kittens.
3. We'd had champagne to wash down the zabaglione the lady had whipped up for desert when I drove her home.
4. The lady wasn't a maiden, but a divorcee, a little olive skinned, and rather left politically. ( She later became my second wife.)

The day I tire of your tales I will cash in my chips and depart this mortal coil.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics