Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby morell » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:And Thach played in their D5 flag.

Wrong Thach - there are like 3 or 4 of them.. Win Thach played in the flag, Wealth is a B grader.

Ahhh W.Thach != W.Thach

My mistake and I stand corrected.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Forgiven ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby morell » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Zartan wrote:Forgiven ;)

Thanks mate, many wouldn't!

EDIT: ohhh cmon thats unfair :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:13 pm

People's thoughts on the prospective draw?
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby morell » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:29 pm

It'll probably change 5 bazillion times between now and the start of the year anyway

Tough start for us
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Interesting having a chat to an Adelaide Lutheran A Grade player over the weekend, and I quote: "It is absolute bullshit that Para Hills are in D7. They're borderline cheating. Put them in a div one lower than where they were"

I disagree with the strength of the rhetoric due to knowing its out of their control but...

based on nearly every conversation and PM I have had with people actually playing or coaching in D7 - not other mooks from other divisions with cooked up conspiracy theories - and they're all universal in agreeance with me... even Para Hills people!! But for some weird bullshit cultural reason we have to be all tough and stoic and not say anything as it will be seen as "weak".
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Yes, they deliberately folded for a year so that they could win a D7 flag.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:47 pm

It is probably a lop sided division next year with Para Hills in it next year. But, you're suggestion is to relegate a side that would have played finals had they won in round 18 this season.. Very stiff on Mawson Lakes. Unless a club voluntarily gives up their spot in div 6..

I know you will say its clear Para Hills are going to put together a side way beyond div 5, but its dangerous grading sides on what speculation of how strong a side may be.. Relegating a side because they may not be strong is a dangerous path to tread imo
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Gee, their premiership t-shirts are going to be awesome given they've had 10 months to design them.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:38 pm

At the end of the day, clubs can only control what is within their control. Para Hills might be strong or they may suffer a heap of injuries and struggle......who knows? Personally, I think its good for the division in some aspects. It makes all us other clubs strive to be better, which I think is great for the comp. I wish all clubs in the div all the best and look forward to what challenges we face in 2017..........Bring on pre season!!!!
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Ditchy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Someone has to be a special kind of idiot to believe that Para Hills folded in Divvy 4 so they could come back to carve up Divvy 7. They're playing in Divvy 7 so deal with it FFS
Ditchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Someone has to be a special kind to believe anyone actually really thinks that PH folded in D4 so they could return in D7 :roll:

The whole conversation has been around not what PH have done, but rather their re-entry to the comp potentially being regraded far lower than they're capable. Again this is out of PH control, and no one has questioned that.

No blame or ill feelings whatsoever have gone towards PH from what i've read, but surely people can appreciate that opposition clubs in this division would have some apprehension about them being opponents in 2017.

I don't think it's particularly fair that people from clubs not in this division tell morell to suck it up - i'm sure if others were in the same position they'd express their concerns just the same, much like all the people who whinged about the inclusion of the SFL clubs in higher divisions impacted/hindering their own clubs ability/chances to progress up the ranks.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby marbles » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Q. wrote:Yes, they deliberately folded for a year so that they could win a D7 flag.

back2back :YMPARTY: :-$
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Zartan wrote:Someone has to be a special kind to believe anyone actually really thinks that PH folded in D4 so they could return in D7 :roll:

The whole conversation has been around not what PH have done, but rather their re-entry to the comp potentially being regraded far lower than they're capable. Again this is out of PH control, and no one has questioned that.

No blame or ill feelings whatsoever have gone towards PH from what i've read, but surely people can appreciate that opposition clubs in this division would have some apprehension about them being opponents in 2017.

I don't think it's particularly fair that people from clubs not in this division tell morell to suck it up - i'm sure if others were in the same position they'd express their concerns just the same, much like all the people who whinged about the inclusion of the SFL clubs in higher divisions impacted/hindering their own clubs ability/chances to progress up the ranks.

morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:55 pm

human_torpedo wrote:It is probably a lop sided division next year with Para Hills in it next year. But, you're suggestion is to relegate a side that would have played finals had they won in round 18 this season.. Very stiff on Mawson Lakes. Unless a club voluntarily gives up their spot in div 6..

I know you will say its clear Para Hills are going to put together a side way beyond div 5, but its dangerous grading sides on what speculation of how strong a side may be.. Relegating a side because they may not be strong is a dangerous path to tread imo

It is tough and there is no clear answer. My suggestion of Mawson Lakes was based on the previous three years of really not much success. I'd at least offer them the opportunity at a minimum. And I really like The Lakers. Unlike other clubs they have seen losing seasons through and toughed it out. They've got some backbone that's for sure. Maybe the idea of providing some of those players that have battled with a winning season might be appealing?

Overall, as a league and dare I say it as a sport, we have to stop being such simplistic binary thinkers. The basis behind "morell's myths" was that there are so many things in local footy in SA that are "it has to be that way, we've always done it this way" and it's toxic IMO.

We're all so ingrained with historical culture. We're the monkeys in the room with the bananas at the top of the ladder.

This topic is the perfect example. We have to have 10 team comps. We have to put them in D7. We have to accept it. We have to not say anything. This is the way it has to be.

**** that.
morell
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:01 pm

morell wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:It is probably a lop sided division next year with Para Hills in it next year. But, you're suggestion is to relegate a side that would have played finals had they won in round 18 this season.. Very stiff on Mawson Lakes. Unless a club voluntarily gives up their spot in div 6..

It is tough and there is no clear answer. My suggestion of Mawson Lakes was based on the previous three years of really not much success. I'd at least offer them the opportunity at a minimum. And I really like The Lakers. Unlike other clubs they have seen losing seasons through and toughed it out. They've got some backbone that's for sure. Maybe the idea of providing some of those players that have battled with a winning season might be appealing?

Overall, as a league and dare I say it as a sport, we have to stop being such simplistic binary thinkers. The basis behind "morell's myths" was that there are so many things in local footy in SA that are "it has to be that way, we've always done it this way" and it's toxic IMO.

We're all so ingrained with historical culture. We're the monkeys in the room with the bananas at the top of the ladder.

This topic is the perfect example. We have to have 10 team comps. We have to put them in D7. We have to accept it. We have to not say anything. This is the way it has to be.

**** that.

You will be extremely happy to hear, I don't care anymore.
Just don't come on here banging on about how your mob knocked em off at any stage next season.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby carey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:19 pm

My cats breath smells like cat food
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:20 am

carey wrote:My cats breath smells like cat food

Makes sense.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Minion Master » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:03 am

good to see hills back up and running not good to see any club fold but the whole folding episode was a direct result of their own internal poor management and now it seems they will be rewarded for poor management by starting in a lower division with a very healthy playing list, welcoming back players that deserted which contributed to their downfall in the first place.
I say if they are in Div 7 and the league can't think of a viable solution, then players on their list that stayed true to the club should be allowed back, players that did a runner also welcomed back but are now worth points this will ensure some form of restriction and keep the competition even and yes their B grade will probably dominate if this is adopted but would be interesting to see if players returning are doing so with the clubs best interest at heart or still following the $$$$
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:25 am

carey wrote:My cats breath smells like cat food

You would've been waiting for my 'like".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League