Australian International Summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:34 pm

heater31 wrote:
whufc wrote:for me its a cop out blaming the BBL, do South Africa not have a domestic t20 comp.

Do South Africa compromise their First Class program structure to the detriment of the national team?

Without knowing the ins and outs im sure all first class programs are slightly detrimented by having t20 competitions.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:30 pm

South Africa T20 comp just started

Can't believe some are talking up Jake Lehman, he has only just started playing regular shield cricket....don't rush him
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:South Africa T20 comp just started

Can't believe some are talking up Jake Lehman, he has only just started playing regular shield cricket....don't rush him

Yeah I think he's still a fair way off international selection. But with the way he's playing he's in the mix in the future.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10331 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby David Brent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:56 pm

IMO we have 5 spots locked down for the next 2 years plus & we need to build the team around them.

Warner up top.
Usnam at 3- the talk to move him to open is silly.
Smith at 4
Starc- (his batting has gone backwards like Stuart Broad's lately though)
Hazelwood- a lock for the 2nd or 3rd seem role.

From their Lyon should be a lock but his form has been awful. He won't be dropped before India but needs to improve drastically.

Neville needs runs, only other option is Wade you would think? Not a good keeper but has proven to be good for lower order runs in the past. Do we need extra runs over quality glovework ATM??

Opening spot- I think it's S Marsh's but Bancroft is the next best option. Burns hasn't done much wrong overall in his career but just unsure on his technique.

Voges has to go, did his job well for Aus.
Ferg I don't think is test level but has to be given another chance. Will most likely end up another Quinney/Doolan. Hope he proves me wrong.

Handscomb comes in for me just head of Pattinson. I'd push for Head his stats show he isn't quite there but you know off all young batsmen in Aus he is the one with the most talent & game style to take it to test level & succeed.

The talk is we have a lot of good young bats under the age of 21... couple of QLD kids are rated highly. It's the gap in quality from 30-24 years which is hurting Aus cricket.

3rd seem position is Pattison's at fully fit. Sayers deserves a go in the mean time.

Interesting everyone above says give Ferg another chance but all have ruled Mennie out of their next test teams.. either both get a second chance or neither after their less than great debuts...
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby maxi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 pm

After he debacle at hobart why do we prepare wickets that seam and obviuosly suit the oppostiion bolwers more. Whats wrong with a good old fashioned road like we used to produce. Home team home conditions. Whats next spinning wickets when we play India.
maxi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:14 pm

maxi wrote:After he debacle at hobart why do we prepare wickets that seam and obviuosly suit the oppostiion bolwers more. Whats wrong with a good old fashioned road like we used to produce. Home team home conditions. Whats next spinning wickets when we play India.

Have you seen our spring this year? I dare say preparing dry pitches in Hobart would be about as difficult as Australia taking a test to day 5!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:29 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Dutchy wrote:South Africa T20 comp just started

Yeah I think he's still a fair way off international selection. But with the way he's playing he's in the mix in the future.

As one who mentioned him, I'm not suggesting he's seriously in the mix either. My point is compared to Head, he's played a third of the games Head has (14 v 47), almost scored half the runs 1322 vs 2772, has scored more 1st class tons (5 v 3) and has a 15 run better average (49 v 34).

If people are talking up Head (???) Lehman more than deserves to be mentioned too.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby MAY-Z » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:48 am

whufc wrote:
heater31 wrote:
whufc wrote:for me its a cop out blaming the BBL, do South Africa not have a domestic t20 comp.

Do South Africa compromise their First Class program structure to the detriment of the national team?

Without knowing the ins and outs im sure all first class programs are slightly detrimented by having t20 competitions.

south africa adjusted their domestic program this season to bring 2 4 day games forward so all the test players could play those games before they came here
MAY-Z
2008 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:55 am

Boof's launching his new book in Gawler on Sunday, if anyone wants to ask the tough questions.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:57 am

David Brent wrote:IMO we have 5 spots locked down for the next 2 years plus & we need to build the team around them.

Warner up top.
Smith at 4

From their Lyon should be a lock but his form has been awful. He won't be dropped before India but needs to improve drastically.

Neville needs runs, only other option is Wade you would think? Not a good keeper but has proven to be good for lower order runs in the past. Do we need extra runs over quality glovework ATM??

Opening spot- I think it's S Marsh's but Bancroft is the next best option. Burns hasn't done much wrong overall in his career but just unsure on his technique.

Ferg I don't think is test level but has to be given another chance. Will most likely end up another Quinney/Doolan. Hope he proves me wrong.

Handscomb comes in for me just head of Pattinson. I'd push for Head his stats show he isn't quite there but you know off all young batsmen in Aus he is the one with the most talent & game style to take it to test level & succeed.

The talk is we have a lot of good young bats under the age of 21... couple of QLD kids are rated highly. It's the gap in quality from 30-24 years which is hurting Aus cricket.

3rd seem position is Pattison's at fully fit. Sayers deserves a go in the mean time.

Interesting everyone above says give Ferg another chance but all have ruled Mennie out of their next test teams.. either both get a second chance or neither after their less than great debuts...

I don't see a problem with Usman opening, he practically does anyway.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Burras » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:03 am

maxi wrote:After he debacle at hobart why do we prepare wickets that seam and obviuosly suit the oppostiion bolwers more. Whats wrong with a good old fashioned road like we used to produce. Home team home conditions. Whats next spinning wickets when we play India.

WACA test last year..

9/559
7/385
2/104

one of the most boring test matches I've watched... would rather see batsmen show their class on a wicket thats doing a little something over that test any day.
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 pm

David Brent wrote:IMO we have 5 spots locked down for the next 2 years plus & we need to build the team around them.

Warner up top.
Smith at 4

Hazlewood is the best bowler in the team.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Voges. Time to go. That shot he got out on is the worst shot I can ever remember from a Test player and I've seen Chris Martin, Duleep Doshi, Jim Higgs, Terry Alderman and Courtney Walsh bat. Only Rodney Hogg's chickenshit retreat to square leg and getting bowled off his pads comes close, but at least Hogg can say his job is to take wickets.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:52 pm

stampy wrote:
Zartan wrote:
am Bays wrote:I get that, still have to earn a spot and the likes of Maddinson, Patterson and Bancroft all under 26 deserve 1st crack to build a test career that can cover the next four ashes series

Would think Maddinson has slipped down the pecking order a bit over the past 18 months (although did ton up Rd 1 this year)

and the biggest factor is he wears the right colour cap

Which Bluebagger doesn't deserve his spot? Perhaps on this season Lyon. Still reeling out this old bullshit line. We get selected because we are the best. Having said that though we need more SACAs and less WACAs. They are the useless shites that don't do jack shit. Since when have WA won anything?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:00 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Which Bluebagger doesn't deserve his spot? Perhaps on this season Lyon. Still reeling out this old bullshit line. We get selected because we are the best. Having said that though we need more SACAs and less WACAs. They are the useless shites that don't do jack shit. Since when have WA won anything?

regards,

REB

Agreed

Especially when the likes of Khawaja, Forrest, silk, Doran, Mennie, Cooper, Bird, Christian, Zampa and Tremain all ex NSW juniors are playing at other states.

Reality is NSW is the strength of Australian cricket
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:19 pm

1st Test we were 0/158....

Since that point :

10/86
10/351

Tassie :

10/85
10/161

= 40/683 = 17.07 avg. Very ******* average.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Booney wrote:1st Test we were 0/158....

Since that point :

10/86
10/351

Tassie :

10/85
10/161

= 40/683 = 17.07 avg. Very ******* average.

to think we lost what 8/32 as well in the 2nd dig.. imagine how much worse it could've been!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:06 pm

Rod Marsh has stood down effective immediately.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Spargo wrote:Rod Marsh has stood down effective immediately.

Still too late :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Lehmann and Smith both said no one is safe (except the 4), and there would be changes.. out of curiosity - how many changes would people think is sufficient to see that they've taken action?

To me if it's one change only I don't think that'll be good enough, but then too many changes might be a bit over board :shock: :?
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket