Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon

Postby Spargo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I see Hird still doesnt get it.

He never will, absolute dog.
Finally, after all this shit, someone at Essendon finds some decency to put the game before individual selfishness and this f#cking arsehole rears his head again & gives his opinion which is worth SFA.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:29 pm

He will be asked to comment on every Essendon issue for the next decade because the media know it gives the people the shits.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Spargo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I see Hird still doesnt get it.

He never will, absolute dog.
Finally, after all this shit, someone at Essendon finds some decency to put the game before individual selfishness and this f#cking arsehole rears his head again & gives his opinion which is worth SFA.

I don't agree with what he said but Hird didn't seek out the media. They are going to hassle him anytime something regarding the saga is brought up. If they just left him in hiding and didn't give him air then it would be fine
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:Surely they tapped him on the shoulder and said you should hand it back before we take it.

That would be a very "AFL" thing to do

Exactly.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Josh Green has signed a 1 year contract with the Bombers.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby BZB27 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Richards will be next seeing as he started training with them yesterday.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:15 pm

Recorded a loss of $9.8m this year but overall the club is still in a pretty decent financial position and should recover that amount this season
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Jim05 wrote:Recorded a loss of $9.8m this year but overall the club is still in a pretty decent financial position and should recover that amount this season

Um sorry how much?
stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:37 pm

stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Recorded a loss of $9.8m this year but overall the club is still in a pretty decent financial position and should recover that amount this season

Um sorry how much?

Had a operating loss of $9.8m
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dogmatic » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:

Um sorry how much?

How much of that was legal fees and settlements?
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Dogmatic wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:

Um sorry how much?

How much of that was legal fees and settlements?

About $4.5m so far plus $1.5m for the top ups. The remaining $3m is lost sponsorship, reduced attendances etc
Jim05
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Bombers will smash the comp next season

Imagine if hawks or crows or whoever said lets rest our best 10 players for a year, we'll throw all our colts in the deep end and make em swim for a year, then we'll bring back our 10 best plus a number 1 draft pick plus a few recruits here and there, theyre gonna be bigger than para hills in divvy 7

The money will pour back in
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:54 pm

marbles wrote:Bombers will smash the comp next season

Imagine if hawks or crows or whoever said lets rest our best 10 players for a year, we'll throw all our colts in the deep end and make em swim for a year, then we'll bring back our 10 best plus a number 1 draft pick plus a few recruits here and there, theyre gonna be bigger than para hills in divvy 7

The money will pour back in

Bullshit. They were crap in 15 and will be crap in 17. 11-15.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:34 pm

If you thought that the Bulldogs winning the flag this year was a fairy tale. Just wait and see what happens next year. When the mighty Bombers make history in the AFL and become the first team ever to come from last place one year and win the premiership the next year. Carn you mighty Bombers. let's rip 2017 apart.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:If you thought that the Bulldogs winning the flag this year was a fairy tale. Just wait and see what happens next year. When the mighty Bombers make history in the AFL and become the first team ever to come from last place one year and win the premiership the next year. Carn you mighty Bombers. let's rip 2017 apart.

If the Bombers win the flag it's no fairytale. A bunch of drug cheats who had a dozen players have a rest and get the number one draft pick in the process is not a feel good story. A feel good story is when your arrogant club is shit for as long as Carlton has been.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:If you thought that the Bulldogs winning the flag this year was a fairy tale. Just wait and see what happens next year. When the mighty Bombers make history in the AFL and become the first team ever to come from last place one year and win the premiership the next year. Carn you mighty Bombers. let's rip 2017 apart.

The unknown factor will be how those players come back from a year off. Even if they were training it would be still take a bit t get back into it. That will be the deciding factor.
stan
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:12 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

If the Bombers win the flag it's no fairytale. A bunch of drug cheats who had a dozen players have a rest and get the number one draft pick in the process is not a feel good story. A feel good story is when your arrogant club is shit for as long as Carlton has been.

regards,

REB

Sniff sniff. Do I hear sour grapes. We did the crime. We've done the time. And now it's done. Bring on 2017 and lets just see how much motivation we have to prove to the rest that we are a team to fear.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:36 pm

We won't be winning the flag next year. If everything clicks we could make the 8 but that's about it. Still 2-3 years away from a serious tilt
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:

We won't be winning the flag next year. If everything clicks we could make the 8 but that's about it. Still 2-3 years away from a serious tilt

C'mon Jim my boy. With the experience our players got from this year and take in the returning 10 players. We are going to be up there. Zach Merrett is a absolute gun and with Heppell and co back. He's just going to get even better.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Sniff sniff. Do I hear sour grapes. We did the crime. We've done the time. And now it's done. Bring on 2017 and lets just see how much motivation we have to prove to the rest that we are a team to fear.

No sour grapes here Bomber. Just don't expect respect when you (Essendon that is not yourself) haven't earnt it. If it is to be a fairy tale people actually want them to win. Can't see the same 'feel good' factor happening for the Bombers in the unlikely event that they replicate the feat of the Bulldogs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL