Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby Ditchy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Q. wrote:
morell wrote:To suggest otherwise is cynical at best, blatantly dishonest at worst.

If one was being cynical, they might suggest your bluster is designed to make enough noise to somehow get rid of one the potential top five opponents in D7, but to say so would be accusing of you being blatantly dishonest because you've continue to point out it doesn't affect Mitchell Park in any way.

The bluster is exactly for that purpose but only .0001% of people read his garbage so it's not influencing anything. He just look stupid,
and his club unfortunately look bad to the small .001% of people. No wonder Mitchell Park are always in divvy6 and divvy7 with his mentality.
This is the mentality of this seasons B grade coach FFS. There would hopefully be little or no chance of him being reappointed :oops: :oops:
Ditchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby morell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Q. wrote:
morell wrote:To suggest otherwise is cynical at best, blatantly dishonest at worst.

If one was being cynical, they might suggest your bluster is designed to make enough noise to somehow get rid of one the potential top five opponents in D7, but to say so would be accusing of you being blatantly dishonest because you've continue to point out it doesn't affect Mitchell Park in any way.
They might suggest that, and they'd be incorrect. And they'd also be suggesting "morell on sa footy" has way more pull at HQ than he does, or that he's got an ego the size of Mt Vesuvius. Both of which are off the mark.

The misunderstanding probably comes from me knowing a little bit more about MPFC's direction. I could show you message after message, email after email, showing you that it is MPFC's intention to rebuild a sustainable long term future by focussing on development in 2017. Thus, it is not our goal to win the 2017 flag or to even gain promotion - hence my "it doesn't affect Mitchell Park" as Para Hills dominating doesn't alter what we're trying to achieve.

I know, heresy in a success fueled football culture, but the idea is that we stop the D7/D6 yo-yo that we've been on and design something that means we win D7, then D6, then D5. Of course if we play well and make finals we will be trying our outmost, but thats not the strategic goal. Some at Mitchell Park might have different ideas, but fortunately we have a strategically minded President and Football Director now and we're on the right path.

I have also been very consistent with driving a balanced over perceived fairness message across multiple divisions/competitions that Mitchell Park are not involved in - check the "New Clubs" thread.

So, in a nutshell, there is no secret agenda or conspiracy theory, it's just Morgs, who loves his amatuer footy, trying to keep it balanced for some of the lower level clubs that have had to put up with this sort of thing far too often.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Minion Master » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:27 pm

it's simple really, poor committee management and lack of player loyalty led to them folding, players jump ship ship chasing coin but some stayed loyal.
pretty easy solution, those that stayed and played at other clubs after they folded return no penalty, those that jumped ship from November 2015 through to March 2016 return but attract points on a sliding scale for the next 3 seasons or until they are back in Div 5 where they were before it all went pear shape.
To believe that all these coin chasers are returning to the club out of the goodness of their hearts for no money either contradicts their greedy natures or it is again another case of poor committee management and decisions by the club to welcome back with open arms the same group of individuals that jumped out of the canoes and took their paddles and left them in this situation just beggars belief :shock: .
IMHO i think the powers to be do need to intervene and implement a fair handicap to them
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby morell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Ditchy wrote:
Q. wrote:

The bluster is exactly for that purpose but only .0001% of people read his garbage so it's not influencing anything. He just look stupid,
and his club unfortunately look bad to the small .001% of people. No wonder Mitchell Park are always in divvy6 and divvy7 with his mentality.
This is the mentality of this seasons B grade coach FFS. There would hopefully be little or no chance of him being reappointed :oops: :oops:
... and yet here you are, getting all lathered up thanks to my content. :lol:

Thanks for reading Ditchy! I probably won't be returning the favour. Hope you understand.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Minion Master wrote:IMHO i think the powers to be do need to intervene and implement a fair handicap to them
Surely this must be some sort of secret alias planted by the mischievous and devious minds of those wearing red, green and white. ..

It couldn't just be that morell is ... right?
morell
Coach

Postby holdy2323 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:33 pm

Minion Master wrote:it's simple really, poor committee management and lack of player loyalty led to them folding, players jump ship ship chasing coin but some stayed loyal.
pretty easy solution, those that stayed and played at other clubs after they folded return no penalty, those that jumped ship from November 2015 through to March 2016 return but attract points on a sliding scale for the next 3 seasons or until they are back in Div 5 where they were before it all went pear shape.
To believe that all these coin chasers are returning to the club out of the goodness of their hearts for no money either contradicts their greedy natures or it is again another case of poor committee management and decisions by the club to welcome back with open arms the same group of individuals that jumped out of the canoes and took their paddles and left them in this situation just beggars belief :shock: .
IMHO i think the powers to be do need to intervene and implement a fair handicap to them

It went pear shaped when the president choose his mate as the coach. Coach walks in at meet the coaches night and says last years game plan wasn't that good. I think when you say that to a premiership side you have lost the group first night.
holdy2323
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby marbles » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:28 am

Again if they end up with at least 12 div 5 premiership players out on the field plus 6 whatever recruits out there in div 7, it will be very long year for everyone else

Morrels cries are valid
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby S Demon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Minion Master wrote:IMHO i think the powers to be do need to intervene and implement a fair handicap to them

Even more so now hey Minion ;)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Yank Man » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:33 pm

marbles wrote:Again if they end up with at least 12 div 5 premiership players out on the field plus 6 whatever recruits out there in div 7, it will be very long year for everyone else

Morrels cries are valid

Morell and I differ on many things, but his points are very valid, and he does NOT speak for Mitchell Park Football Club but has the right to believe this is wrong.

A good friend of mine many years ago told me he was working hard to put Pulteney OS back in to footy after years in the wilderness, I told him that they would more than likely be put in Div 6/7. He said who cares, we just want our club back up and running. They won some flags and found their level, no one whinged, but it was years in the wilderness. Smithfield folded but were allowed to play with one team in C1 to help their club get back on track. In 2012 they fielded 2 teams in Div7 and regularly got smashed. Mitchell Park beat them in round 1 by 35 goals. Years of rebuilding and look at them now. Salisbury West spent one year in Div 7 with one team after a Div 5 GF appearance and were allowed to get their guns back to proceed up the ladder. Para Hills won a Div 5 flag and have had a year in sabbatical but can come back in to Div 7 and carry on regardless. I love their club and their people for what they are trying to do.........but it's wrong and time the club delegates fixed the problem before it becomes the norm. Vent over ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:38 am

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:Again if they end up with at least 12 div 5 premiership players out on the field plus 6 whatever recruits out there in div 7, it will be very long year for everyone else

Morrels cries are valid

Morell and I differ on many things, but his points are very valid, and he does NOT speak for Mitchell Park Football Club but has the right to believe this is wrong.

A good friend of mine many years ago told me he was working hard to put Pulteney OS back in to footy after years in the wilderness, I told him that they would more than likely be put in Div 6/7. He said who cares, we just want our club back up and running. They won some flags and found their level, no one whinged, but it was years in the wilderness. Smithfield folded but were allowed to play with one team in C1 to help their club get back on track. In 2012 they fielded 2 teams in Div7 and regularly got smashed. Mitchell Park beat them in round 1 by 35 goals. Years of rebuilding and look at them now. Salisbury West spent one year in Div 7 with one team after a Div 5 GF appearance and were allowed to get their guns back to proceed up the ladder. Para Hills won a Div 5 flag and have had a year in sabbatical but can come back in to Div 7 and carry on regardless. I love their club and their people for what they are trying to do.........but it's wrong and time the club delegates fixed the problem before it becomes the norm. Vent over ;)
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:53 am

Anyone that thinks the Para Hills connection didn't make a significant impact on Mitchell Park last year are kidding themselves..

But, that still doesn't and won't affect the 2017 gradings.. I see Morell's point, and it is a valid one. But at the end of the day, although statistics will suggest otherwise, Morgan is a girls name
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:35 am

human_torpedo wrote:Anyone that thinks the Para Hills connection didn't make a significant impact on Mitchell Park last year are kidding themselves..
At least a 10 goal difference IMO. They were great for us on and off the field.

human_torpedo wrote:But, that still doesn't and won't affect the 2017 gradings..
Patience grasshopper. Plenty of water to go under the bridge just yet. Been around long enough to know that things can change right up until round 2 or 3.

Tea Tree Gully in 2013 a great example.

human_torpedo wrote:I see Morell's point, and it is a valid one. But at the end of the day, although statistics will suggest otherwise, Morgan is a girls name
Hahah.

Fortunately I am tall enough not to be confused as a woman. How about you? :P
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:44 am

Coupled with my child bearing hips and ample chest, its lucky I have a distinctively male name to alert people of my gender!

Unless a club goes under, or 'does a Para Hills' if you will, then yeh Para Hills will find themselves in div 6 and Mitchell Park will then be instilled as flag favourite for div 7 ;)
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby morell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:46 am

human_torpedo wrote:Coupled with my child bearing hips and ample chest, its lucky I have a distinctively male name to alert people of my gender!
Mate I'm a solid B Cup! :lol:

Its all those hormones in the chicken I swear.

human_torpedo wrote:Unless a club goes under, or 'does a Para Hills' if you will, then yeh Para Hills will find themselves in div 6 and Mitchell Park will then be instilled as flag favourite for div 7 ;)
And my cunning plan will have come into fruition.

EDIT: and we wont be anywhere near flag favourites. We've lost 10 players from our A Grade side that last year finished second to bottom.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:18 pm

I wonder if we'll see a stream of bile directed at the last 2,981 posters that agree with me... or nahhh still a Mitchell Park conspiracy?
morell
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:35 pm

morell wrote:If we can put a man on the moon.

Did we?
Why have we not been back for over 40 years?
Surely there's something worth mining up there
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:59 am

Yes. We did.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:04 am

morell wrote:Yes. We did.

I went to Mitchell Park once.

Haven't been back. Did I ever go?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:20 am

Were the flags flapping in the wind? What about your shadow? Was it at the right angle?
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:24 am

Of all the Morell's myths you have come up with, I was sure you would say the moon landing was a hoax
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League