Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:51 am

jo172 wrote:
morell wrote:
marbles wrote:Was there a vote tonight

Was a couple.

Based on my informants...

Never a better time to break apart the delegate system.

Make the C9AFL Great Again!
Drain the swamp!

I reckon JK should stand in front of the Thebby stand and scream that he is going to put a 35% tariff on all players that have been off shored that want to come back to the C9AFL... guaranteed to get votes from the College Belt.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:57 am

Q. wrote:No marquee payment. $400 max per player, $3000 per week cap. No player embargo.
And if that's not enough money to pay players at an amateur level. Question your existence.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:59 am

Let's just build a wall slightly to the North of Trinity OS between us and the BLG.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:03 am

morell wrote:
Q. wrote:No marquee payment. $400 max per player, $3000 per week cap. No player embargo.
And if that's not enough money to pay players at an amateur level. Question your existence.

I still don't really get the rationale for the $400 max player payment.

If Henley want to pay their Pavlich prodigal son $3,000 per week (and pay no one else) good bloody luck to them.

Also curious to hear people's thoughts as to whether we should consider some level of steps in the Cap depending on Gradings. On the face of it I think there is sound reasoning that the D1 Cap should not equal the D7 cap etc.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 am

jo172 wrote:Let's just build a wall slightly to the North of Trinity OS between us and the BLG.

Please don't put it through my house.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:13 am

We'll call it the Kernahan Wall.

No able-bodied man can get out and we'll make the Community Football Board pay for it!
Attachments
wall.jpg
wall.jpg (355.97 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:18 am

If someone photo shops Trumps hair onto a picture of JK it's beers on me whenever you visit MPFC
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:22 am

morell wrote:

your opinion is always wonderful but your origins are from a backyard redneck pay players car wash vouchers only club, so firstly i doubt a real footballer has even step foot on mitchell park and secondly i doubt youve even witnessed a non-amateur play the game on suburban football fields, which is why you'll never get any higher than 7th place in div 6

if matty pavlich played for mitchell park next season and your club suddenly starts collecting game day revenue of $5000+ youd still feel he'd deserve a car wash voucher for his time only

then next week when he goes somewhere else and your club gets $189.33 game day revenue after a massive audience of 17 people come to the den, you'd be like geeze, i wonder why he didn't stick around??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 am

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:

your opinion is always wonderful but your origins are from a backyard redneck pay players car wash vouchers only club, so firstly i doubt a real footballer has even step foot on mitchell park and secondly i doubt youve even witnessed a non-amateur play the game on suburban football fields, which is why you'll never get any higher than 7th place in div 6
We've got current players that have played Div 1. As has been explained many a time, its not the top end player/s that separate the divisions, its the depth of quality. And you know we were established in 1968 and won some top line flags right?

But yes, I forget the dizzying heights of the mighty Henley, who are playing Division 2 of the Amateur League in Adelaide, SA. You must be so proud. Fully expect the Henley Sharks to be competing with the All Blacks at the Laureus World Sport awards, such is your magnificence.

But seriously now. You're an amateur football club playing in the maybe the 4th or 5th best comp in the 2nd or 3rd best football state. Take out all the AFL teams, all the VFL teams, all the SANFL teams, the QFL, the NEAFL, the GSFL, the strong Vic amateur clubs, the D1 WA clubs...

The mighty, mighty Henley, proudly the (approximately) 103rd best club in the land!!! :YMPARTY:

Oh wait sorry, the D1 clubs too.

The 113th best club in the land!

If $3k a week isn't enough for the big bad Henley, then get the **** out of Division 2 and join a bigger comp and compete with clubs that are paying more than that.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:15 am

you should have no say or influence in what goes on in div 1 to div 3, because yes you are amateurs and at the very bottom of that amateur barrel too. There are many hundreds of high traveled footballing elders running div 1 clubs and they want to facilitate and welcome quality footballers at their clubs instead of seeing them all flee to go to bush clubs

this league is saying "get lost" to champion footballers, and it might be excitement plus down there at div 7, but div 1 is currently a dead set bore because the players who should be there... are not there

this is the 6th ranked league in the state or whatever because sheep graziers like you have to keep real footballers out of this league so you can all deem yourself as relevant down there in ya little insignificant nursery division

am only asking that we have the same salary as country clubs
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am

Principally I actually agree with your first sentence. Delegates voting on things from a D1 club on matters that affect a D7 club is folly, and vice versa.

The rest of your post is typical rubbish filled with delusions of grandeur. You're not that good mate. $3k/week should be plenty. Get over yourselves.

If you do have higher aspirations compete in the competitions where that sort of salary is the norm and quit falsely inflating a players worth for the rest of us.
Last edited by morell on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:31 am

I agree the C9AFL should have the same salary cap as Country Leagues.. Barring obviously the fuel allowances

But you also need to look at your definition of 'champion footballers'.. Who is the last champion footballer lost to country leagues?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:32 am

human_torpedo wrote:I agree the C9AFL should have the same salary cap as Country Leagues.. Barring obviously the fuel allowances
and to achieve that, reduce the country cap, don't increase the C9AFL.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:33 am

human_torpedo wrote:I agree the C9AFL should have the same salary cap as Country Leagues.. Barring obviously the fuel allowances

But you also need to look at your definition of 'champion footballers'.. Who is the last champion footballer lost to country leagues?

Sure Pembroke would have loved to see Angus Kurtze in their colours. I know we (and ROCS) would have loved to see Jesse O'Brien.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:42 am

morell wrote:Principally I actually agree with your first sentence. Delegates voting on things from a D1 club on matters that affect a D7 club is folly, and vice versa.

The rest of your post is typical rubbish filled with delusions of grandeur. You're not that good mate. $3k/week should be plenty. Get over yourselves.

If you do have higher aspirations compete in the competitions where that sort of salary is the norm and quit falsely inflating a players worth for the rest of us.

err steve errcal its not about my club, its about quality footballers who are your next door neighbours who are having to drive 300kms because they are not welcome here in c9afl

if we had the same salary caps as country clubs, this league would instantly be inundated with players who might actually be worth paying $15 to go watch, but we'd hate to take the limelight away from your nursery division 7 hey morell
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:44 am

jo172 wrote:

Sure Pembroke would have loved to see Angus Kurtze in their colours. I know we (and ROCS) would have loved to see Jesse O'Brien.

Without doubt mate.. Is that the classification of 'champion footballers' we are referring to?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:46 am

human_torpedo wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Without doubt mate.. Is that the classification of 'champion footballers' we are referring to?

I would never claim to be an authority on what marbles is referring to.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Am referring to SANFL retirees. I do not follow the SANFL closely to name such players but there will always be footballers leaving this league each year

The c9afl obviously cant facilitate all of them but if each club was permitted 1 or 2 marquees we'd have 30-40 top shelf players in the c9afl

What a remarkable difference and standard of football we'd have to go see each week

Plus all the roll on affects to attendance, juniors and other players wanting to play for your club just to be able to train with these stars

I mean in 2016 who were the biggest names in the div 1? Jolly and hand? Wowwee tell nanna i cant make bingo ive got to go see the c9afl game of the week!!! Zzzzzzzzz
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:06 pm

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Principally I actually agree with your first sentence. Delegates voting on things from a D1 club on matters that affect a D7 club is folly, and vice versa.

err steve errcal its not about my club, its about quality footballers who are your next door neighbours who are having to drive 300kms because they are not welcome here in c9afl

if we had the same salary caps as country clubs, this league would instantly be inundated with players who might actually be worth paying $15 to go watch, but we'd hate to take the limelight away from your nursery division 7 hey morell
We're talking about playing sport here still right? The thing most people do for free and fun? You seem to think Division 2 or Barossa League is some sort of elite sporting comp. Mate its bush league footy. These blokes are not playing AFL or even SANFL. They're really not that good. And if they were, they'd be playing at a higher professional level and would be paid accordingly.

They don't have to drive 300kms if they don't want to, this isn't a gulag. They can play for a reasonable and sustainable amount locally if they contribute to a club in a profound way or maybe a bit more to get their costs covered in the country.

Stop over inflating these average footballers worth. It is benefiting a tiny minority and is ruining the sport for the majority.
morell
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:15 pm

jo172 wrote:

I'm sure Freeling would've liked to see him as well.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League