Australian International Summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:08 pm

It'll be interesting to see how many overs Lyons bowls in this match and his impact.

Also, with the overlooking of Sayers, what does that say about his future test chances with the likes of Siddle, Pattinson, Cummins amongst the CA favs due to return in the near future..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Grahaml » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Zartan wrote:It'll be interesting to see how many overs Lyons bowls in this match and his impact.

Also, with the overlooking of Sayers, what does that say about his future test chances with the likes of Siddle, Pattinson, Cummins amongst the CA favs due to return in the near future..

I think Nathan Lyon is still learning his game. To me it seems obvious he's at his best when the batsman attacks him but also when there's bounce in the pitch. Every time the ball spins a lot he goes away from trying to get bounce and tries to turn it and loses his potency. I'd like to see the days the ball turns more that he tries to turn it less and tries to vary his bounce more, let the turn take care of itself. He also needs to try to leave temptation for batsmen to play shots in all circumstances.

He's closer than ever to a test side, wouldn't be looking at it like he's had a line drawn through him. Also with a change to the selectors there will come a change to selection philosophy and a guy like Sayers might be viewed more positively by the new regime. I certainly think Jackson Bird more than deserves a spot and I reckon he's the real hard luck story of the last few years. Averages under 24 in first class cricket and just over 25 in the tests he's played. With an attack featuring Starc and Hazlewood as headlines, Bird is a nice point of difference who hopefully can adapt to suit conditions.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Grahaml wrote:
LBT wrote:What was the point of bringing Chadd into the squad. May as well have let Mark Waugh go full retard and bring in Moises and Sean Abbott.

He missed out for Bird, who is from Tasmania. Bird was already ahead of him and with a good record and solid form, he mounts a really strong case. If you want to get upset, be upset about Ferguson getting dropped. Absolutely crazy to drop a guy after one test. Not like he was picked for conditions or as cover for someone. All it will do is send the message that if you get picked you have to perform right away. Awfully hard to bat when you can't think about the next ball or the next run but the 100th run right from the moment you walk out.

And Furg gets replaced by Nic Maddison, FFS. I hope he's spitting chips about this because I certainly am. They dropped one flat track bully (Voges) just to replace him with another in Maddinson.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Grahaml wrote:
Zartan wrote:It'll be interesting to see how many overs Lyons bowls in this match and his impact.

I think Nathan Lyon is still learning his game. To me it seems obvious he's at his best when the batsman attacks him but also when there's bounce in the pitch. Every time the ball spins a lot he goes away from trying to get bounce and tries to turn it and loses his potency. I'd like to see the days the ball turns more that he tries to turn it less and tries to vary his bounce more, let the turn take care of itself. He also needs to try to leave temptation for batsmen to play shots in all circumstances.

He's closer than ever to a test side, wouldn't be looking at it like he's had a line drawn through him. Also with a change to the selectors there will come a change to selection philosophy and a guy like Sayers might be viewed more positively by the new regime. I certainly think Jackson Bird more than deserves a spot and I reckon he's the real hard luck story of the last few years. Averages under 24 in first class cricket and just over 25 in the tests he's played. With an attack featuring Starc and Hazlewood as headlines, Bird is a nice point of difference who hopefully can adapt to suit conditions.

Even though I would love to see Sayers in there I am a huge Jackson Bird fan and he's probably a better selection, simply they will use Sayers in he wrong role. If Sayers was to play he needs to open the bowling to make the most of his skills but knowing the way selection works I reckon they wouldn't let him and he'd be wasted. He'd bowl first change and I think Jackson Bird plays that role better than Chadd. Unless for some reason Bird opens then him getting picked before Sayers is a f**king joke.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Cummins lol, that bloke is made a crepe paper. Selected in the Chappell-Hadlee ODI squad today, no doubt he will get injured again and miss the series.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Sayers will go to India.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Gozu wrote:
LBT wrote:What was the point of bringing Chadd into the squad. May as well have let Mark Waugh go full retard and bring in Moises and Sean Abbott.

Our selectors are just so ordinary it's not funny. This Sayers decision, the dropping of Ferguson, the love of Burns, the almost worshipping of the Marshes it just goes on and on. They clean out half the side in one Test which just screams panic and confirms they had no idea what they're doing.

At this point I'm just starting to tune out anyway.

For years we've all potted the West Indies for being in a shambolic state, no need to look further than our own backyard now :oops:
In Regards to Ferguson and Mennie, the selectors quite simply F*****D up by either picking them in the 1st place or once they were picked, to drop them both after just 1 Test is quite simply extraordinary :shock: The selectors should quite simply put their hands up, admit they F*****D up and have NFI what the answers are and walk away from their roles.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:10 pm

F#%k Off test Selectors, we want the Chadd
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Just got back in to Adelaide did hear right it's $9.20 a beer at the test match?

You've got to be f**king kidding me.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:16 pm

I would have picked Sayers but Bird is no spud.

Averages 25 at test level and 24 at first class level.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:17 pm

carey wrote:Just got back in to Adelaide did hear right it's $9.20 a beer at the test match?

Yep.
Although today they did a u turn and dropped West End(only I think) to $8.90.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby carey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:21 pm

That's Bullshit.

Dear week for me coming up.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:26 pm

I paid $155 for the SACA members luncheon in the Ian MacLachlan room which includes 3 hours of piss.
At those prices for beers l'll come out well on top! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Grenville » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:25 am

Booney wrote:So who is heading in on day 1?

I'm planning to be in the cas about 12, couple of heart starters and head over the bridge about 1:30.

I'll be there, going to pop into the Queens Head before play for a couple before venturing in to the ground about 1.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:34 am

amber_fluid wrote:
carey wrote:Just got back in to Adelaide did hear right it's $9.20 a beer at the test match?

Yep.
Although today they did a u turn and dropped West End(only I think) to $8.90.

SACA obviously thinking of the true Beer connoisseurs

Don't give a rats toss bag about any other issues but this SACA board has got my vote, must shake Snewin's hand when I see him again!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby MatteeG » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am

Grahaml wrote: With an attack featuring Starc and Hazlewood as headlines, Bird is a nice point of difference who hopefully can adapt to suit conditions.

I disagree. I reckon Bird and Hazlewood are both inferior McGrath clones. A right arm bowler who can swing the ball would be a point of difference IMO.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby stan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:16 am

MatteeG wrote:
Grahaml wrote: With an attack featuring Starc and Hazlewood as headlines, Bird is a nice point of difference who hopefully can adapt to suit conditions.

I disagree. I reckon Bird and Hazlewood are both inferior McGrath clones. A right arm bowler who can swing the ball would be a point of difference IMO.

Agree with you here. I bloke which is a genuine swing bowler would a massive point of difference here. Bird can swing the ball but well Sayers took 11 wickets here under lights. Just saying...

But shit our batting will be interesting. 3 debutantes with the bat.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:30 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
carey wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Du Plessis fined for ball tampering apparently. Does raise the question about why we bother having rules if the ICC are going to be so toothless in policing them. Whether people think it makes a difference or not, clearly Du Plessis did and in cricket, getting the ball to swing even a little more can be all the difference. This is also his second offense. Final wash up seems to be that repeatedly cheating is ok in cricket.

The ICC are the biggest, most farcical, embarrassing joke of a governing sport organization in the world.
The last few decades have been littered with numerous unsatisfactory and blatantly biased resolutions that required far stronger and more definitive actions to be undertaken.

I'll raise your ICC with ASADA and WADA and go all in!

I'll reluctantly fold the 2nd nuts, Nice hand ;)

Fifa says hi
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:57 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Grahaml wrote:

He missed out for Bird, who is from Tasmania. Bird was already ahead of him and with a good record and solid form, he mounts a really strong case. If you want to get upset, be upset about Ferguson getting dropped. Absolutely crazy to drop a guy after one test. Not like he was picked for conditions or as cover for someone. All it will do is send the message that if you get picked you have to perform right away. Awfully hard to bat when you can't think about the next ball or the next run but the 100th run right from the moment you walk out.

And Furg gets replaced by Nic Maddison, FFS. I hope he's spitting chips about this because I certainly am. They dropped one flat track bully (Voges) just to replace him with another in Maddinson.

Yeah because Maddison is 36, no need to bring him in. Chadd had to play though, another selection clanger from these clowns. And I can't even blame Rod!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby stan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Seth Efrica have one the toss and will bat first.

Australia will ball tamper first.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket