Player movement 2017

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Player movement 2017

Postby MatteeG » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Jimmy wrote:
Bunch of useful **** :evil:

Useful??
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Pseudo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:I m not looking forward to watching Leinert line up against us next year.

So don't watch it.

Yep, the best way to deal with it.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:37 pm

MatteeG wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

Useful??

If those asterisks are what I think they are, I can find a use for them. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Doddy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:13 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Massive recruiting drive by the Magpies....

They can recruit who they want, pay them what they want, and at the same time deplete the quality of the opposition; how good would that be?? :twisted:

I don't know. Where's the glory in that?
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby VALE PARK » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Not really the magpies!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:18 pm

MatteeG wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

Useful??

Oops, useless.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Ronnie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:33 am

I attended a SANFL game at Alberton last season and it was a dingy, almost mournful atmosphere. Clearly support for the Magpies continues to drain away despite whatever spin KT puts on it. Perhaps in this economic climate support only carries so far. That would be the kind interpretation of the Magpies state. Given the 'system' though they are stacked well for talent and South Adelaide have taken a massive hit. I hope Eddy and Leinert get a go at the AFL sooner rather than later.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:34 am

Irra speaks, with a smile a mile wide, of his rookie listing at Port Adelaide.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/ ... -draft-ptv
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:40 am

Booney wrote:Irra speaks, with a smile a mile wide, of his rookie listing at Port Adelaide.

:shock:

:D

8)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby stan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:43 am

Ronnie wrote:I attended a SANFL game at Alberton last season and it was a dingy, almost mournful atmosphere. Clearly support for the Magpies continues to drain away despite whatever spin KT puts on it. Perhaps in this economic climate support only carries so far. That would be the kind interpretation of the Magpies state. Given the 'system' though they are stacked well for talent and South Adelaide have taken a massive hit. I hope Eddy and Leinert get a go at the AFL sooner rather than later.

Genuine Magpie support is dead, little doubt about that.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:22 am

Am I the only one who thought Scharenberg wouldn't get picked up? Was very underwhelming in his senior appearances for Glenelg.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Hazydog » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 am

Booney wrote:Irra speaks, with a smile a mile wide, of his rookie listing at Port Adelaide.

As you mentioned earlier Booney, "Cat B is used to draft players into the AFL system from "non traditional backgrounds". From what I understand Irra has been drafted in via an SANFL club, and prior to that a South Australian Private School. Not sure how much more traditional that could be!

Yeah - I get it he is originally from Uganda - but unless you bring a player in without Aussie Rules playing experience, I don't think a Cat B should be able to be used.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 am

Hazydog wrote:
Yeah - I get it he is originally from Uganda - but unless you bring a player in without Aussie Rules playing experience, I don't think a Cat B should be able to be used.

It's a very grey area I agree but he didn't take up football until his early teens when he moved here. You wouldn't think the same loop hole would be available to his younger brother who has spent much more time developing his skills as a junior through the various programs available.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:29 am

In respect of AFL teams drafting from the teams in their local comp couldn't a rule be introduced to make those players inelilible to play against their original team. They would probably be reluctant to play any way if they had any loyal feelings
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Pseudo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:I m not looking forward to watching Leinert line up against us next year.

So don't watch it.

I'll just turn my back or lower my eyes every time he goes near the ball. Then ask the people around me, "Is it over yet?" before I look again. Sort of like watching a scary movie.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Reddeer wrote:In respect of AFL teams drafting from the teams in their local comp couldn't a rule be introduced to make those players inelilible to play against their original team. They would probably be reluctant to play any way if they had any loyal feelings

Loyalty is still alive in football mate, but only on one side of the fence and it's the one where the beer and pies are consumed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Ronnie wrote:I attended a SANFL game at Alberton last season and it was a dingy, almost mournful atmosphere. Clearly support for the Magpies continues to drain away despite whatever spin KT puts on it. Perhaps in this economic climate support only carries so far. That would be the kind interpretation of the Magpies state. Given the 'system' though they are stacked well for talent and South Adelaide have taken a massive hit. I hope Eddy and Leinert get a go at the AFL sooner rather than later.

The Port crowd was one of the unique phenomenae in SANFL footy. Even after they went into the AFL there were plenty of Port folk that stayed loyal to the Magpies, and when Port were doing well, a certain number of Power fans would turn up also.
When they made their bid to convert the Magpies into the Power reserves, even the Port cheer squad held uup the "No AFL in the SANFL" banner, prompting a visit from one of the Port dicks from upstairs to lecture them about how much better it would be once the Magpies are no more :roll:
I'd rather be a Lion free on the plains than in a zoo. The Magpies are no longer free, they're caged. They are not even puppets, their skin has been stretched around the Power's seconds side. Calling them the Magpies is just complete crap, it's bullshit. They are the Power's reserves, and they have thoroughly kicked the interest out of what loyal fans held on.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times

Postby Scrapboy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Doddy wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:Massive recruiting drive by the Magpies....

They can recruit who they want, pay them what they want, and at the same time deplete the quality of the opposition; how good would that be?? :twisted:

I don't know. Where's the glory in that?

Wait til they win a flag - you'll hear all about it.
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:59 pm

therisingblues wrote:

The Port crowd was one of the unique phenomenae in SANFL footy. Even after they went into the AFL there were plenty of Port folk that stayed loyal to the Magpies, and when Port were doing well, a certain number of Power fans would turn up also.
When they made their bid to convert the Magpies into the Power reserves, even the Port cheer squad held uup the "No AFL in the SANFL" banner, prompting a visit from one of the Port dicks from upstairs to lecture them about how much better it would be once the Magpies are no more :roll:
I'd rather be a Lion free on the plains than in a zoo. The Magpies are no longer free, they're caged. They are not even puppets, their skin has been stretched around the Power's seconds side. Calling them the Magpies is just complete crap, it's bullshit. They are the Power's reserves, and they have thoroughly kicked the interest out of what loyal fans held on.

I think that's now every thread in the SANFL forum to have this, or something like this, posted in it. Well played to those who bring it into a conversation that this has nothing to do with.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Cougar » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Sam Colquhoun & Tom Read confirmed at Sturt
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times