Player movement 2017

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Player movement 2017

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:49 pm

They can watch Sam kick it 25m to nobody now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Ronnie wrote:I attended a SANFL game at Alberton last season and it was a dingy, almost mournful atmosphere. Clearly support for the Magpies continues to drain away despite whatever spin KT puts on it. Perhaps in this economic climate support only carries so far. That would be the kind interpretation of the Magpies state. Given the 'system' though they are stacked well for talent and South Adelaide have taken a massive hit. I hope Eddy and Leinert get a go at the AFL sooner rather than later.

The Port crowd was one of the unique phenomenae in SANFL footy. Even after they went into the AFL there were plenty of Port folk that stayed loyal to the Magpies, and when Port were doing well, a certain number of Power fans would turn up also.
When they made their bid to convert the Magpies into the Power reserves, even the Port cheer squad held uup the "No AFL in the SANFL" banner, prompting a visit from one of the Port dicks from upstairs to lecture them about how much better it would be once the Magpies are no more :roll:
I'd rather be a Lion free on the plains than in a zoo. The Magpies are no longer free, they're caged. They are not even puppets, their skin has been stretched around the Power's seconds side. Calling them the Magpies is just complete crap, it's bullshit. They are the Power's reserves, and they have thoroughly kicked the interest out of what loyal fans held on.

I think that's now every thread in the SANFL forum to have this, or something like this, posted in it. Well played to those who bring it into a conversation that this has nothing to do with.

As opposed to the"everything about Port sucks" brigade, I appreciate them for what they were, and genuinely feel for those true supporters who have had their side taken away. Does it bother you so much that the Power reserves alienated such a large portion of Magpie fans?
And I'll keep crapping on about it for as long as the situation exists. On top of that, the Power just drafted 4 other SANFL lads to the Magpies. How that's not related to the Magpies not having a soul is something you're going to have to explain Mr Boon.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Booney wrote:They can watch Sam kick it 25m to nobody now.

There is hope for the lad......... as Kane Cornes made himself a 300 game player doing the same thing! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby Dogs72 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Cougar wrote:Sam Colquhoun & Tom Read confirmed at Sturt

Booooo. Do Central get a transfer fee, or is all that now obsolete? I think we paid a large transfer fee to Sturt for Mcintyre (unfortunately)?
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Dogs72 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:33 pm

Dogs have signed the future.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Central District have secured John Butcher's signature...

http://www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/key-po ... -the-club/
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Grenville » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:16 pm

I hope we didn't pay what he was asking originally.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Grenville wrote:I hope we didn't pay what he was asking originally.

Which was?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:35 pm

He's your future now...... I'm sure he's worth every cent! :D
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

He's your future now...... I'm sure he's worth every cent! :D

I reckon he'll be good in this league without the pressure from Alberton.
I'd still play him at CHB though, he reads the play well, can mark/spoil & have the runners go past & receive the handball.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 pm

therisingblues wrote:I m not looking forward to watching Leinert line up against us next year.
I enjoyed watching his old man play for Sturt, and I have watched him develop with interest. Taking the next step and becoming an AFL player is something we have learned to live with, way back in the days when Motley, Viney, Russell and co were all being drafted.
It ******* well stinks that they should line up with another SANFL side because they have been chosen to take that next step.
How the hell are we supposed to react on the terraces where Leinert tears it up fo rthe Magpies at Unley? Can't hate the man, he's one of ours! The only reason he's at Port is to have a chance to play AFL. Do we give him a polite golf clap then? Do we treat the game as a meaningless exhibition whose only real purpose is to develop those reserves palyers out on the park?
******* Port and Crows are ******* stinkers for pushing this reserves agenda through.
Anyone who doesn't feel the same basically has no passion for the SANFL.

That's what the SANFL are trying to do - make them all meaningless exhibition games. Us supporters are being pushed into corners we shouldn't be by having these situations occur.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Butch, cant believe we managed to get him, when i heard the dogs were interested i thought it must have been the western bulldogs.

Will be surprised if the beast kicks less than 100 goals this season.

If Centrals premiership odds havent come into $1.01 jump on toot toot

Welcome Butch!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:27 pm

whufc wrote:Butch, cant believe we managed to get him, when i heard the dogs were interested i thought it must have been the western bulldogs.

Will be surprised if the beast kicks less than 100 goals this season.

If Centrals premiership odds havent come into $1.01 jump on toot toot

Welcome Butch!

If he kicks 100 goals must be taking a lot of marks in the forward 50 and having 700 shots st goal!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Let's hope he turns out as good as the last bloke that was going to kick 100 goals a season at the Dogs[emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Grenville » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:04 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Which was?

Around the 40 grand mark I was told.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Ronnie wrote:I attended a SANFL game at Alberton last season and it was a dingy, almost mournful atmosphere. Clearly support for the Magpies continues to drain away despite whatever spin KT puts on it. Perhaps in this economic climate support only carries so far. That would be the kind interpretation of the Magpies state. Given the 'system' though they are stacked well for talent and South Adelaide have taken a massive hit. I hope Eddy and Leinert get a go at the AFL sooner rather than later.

The Port crowd was one of the unique phenomenae in SANFL footy. Even after they went into the AFL there were plenty of Port folk that stayed loyal to the Magpies, and when Port were doing well, a certain number of Power fans would turn up also.
When they made their bid to convert the Magpies into the Power reserves, even the Port cheer squad held uup the "No AFL in the SANFL" banner, prompting a visit from one of the Port dicks from upstairs to lecture them about how much better it would be once the Magpies are no more :roll:
I'd rather be a Lion free on the plains than in a zoo. The Magpies are no longer free, they're caged. They are not even puppets, their skin has been stretched around the Power's seconds side. Calling them the Magpies is just complete crap, it's bullshit. They are the Power's reserves, and they have thoroughly kicked the interest out of what loyal fans held on.

I think that's now every thread in the SANFL forum to have this, or something like this, posted in it. Well played to those who bring it into a conversation that this has nothing to do with.

Probably because every facet of the SANFL is affected by these bull$hit inequities. Until they're sorted out it won't stop and why should it. Why should anyone stop voicing their opinions if it still is a major issue in a comp we all love. Tough titties if it makes some feel uncomfortable in their ugly advantages while spruiking fairness, equal footing, we get what we deserve bullshit in the media.
Surely it's not that hard to understand.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:40 pm

Booney wrote:They can watch Sam kick it 25m to nobody now.

You spelt Butcher wrong.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:21 am

Going to be terrible watching Butch and Sammy play against Port. I'll have to look away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:25 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Probably because every facet of the SANFL is affected by these bull$hit inequities. Until they're sorted out it won't stop and why should it. Why should anyone stop voicing their opinions if it still is a major issue in a comp we all love. Tough titties if it makes some feel uncomfortable in their ugly advantages while spruiking fairness, equal footing, we get what we deserve bullshit in the media.
Surely it's not that hard to understand.

Please, go on about it some more. Here, I'll help.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:36 am

We've all had to put up with the myopic, paranoid carping by Port supporters as to how unjust they've been treated by the SANFL, how Footy Park was too "Crows" centric, how the SANFL has stolen all their money etc etc. What's the difference? Apart from the fact one is founded in clear evidence and the other comes across as a speech that Trump would make.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL