2017 AFL Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Postby MW » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:Each reacts differently I suppose. I lost my father when I was still in school but never went off the rails.

I bet you didn't do donuts in your car. No excuse

nope. TE Gemini couldn't even if I tried! ;) :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:Each reacts differently I suppose. I lost my father when I was still in school but never went off the rails.

I bet you didn't do donuts in your car. No excuse

Everyone's doing donuts in their car now there's Krispy Kreme drive-thru.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby DOC » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:14 pm

None of his actions of course relate to football per se but all public figures get news time whether they want it or not. And whether we want it or not.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:31 pm

DOC wrote:None of his actions of course relate to football per se but all public figures get news time whether they want it or not.

The price you pay for public fame, particularly footy fame in SA, and all the trappings that go with it (such as the money) is your private life, particularly when you **** up.

Probably not really fair, but everything has it's price.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:His father dying recently is completely irrelevant.

Yeah no worries. Has no affect on a young blokes well being, how silly of me.

Nah fair call, I just remembered back 6 months and I was doing drunken donuts and hit and runs galore.

Did he have an upset tummy too? Poor little blossom.

What TV shows has he been watching recently? About as relevant. Piss weak.

If people feel the need to drink and drive like a hoon when any thing happens in their life then lock the bastards up before they hurt innocent people who can deal with life issues. No sympathy whatsoever.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby carey » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 pm

I love the way everyone is an expert on here not knowing 'any' of the particulars at all. And your all perfect angels that have never made a blue.

Yep the lad f**ked up, could've been a lot worse luckily it wasn't. By no means is it acceptable behaviour but there is more to it that I'm not sure that will be made public. Infact I'm almost certain it won't, but Impey isn't in a good place at the moment.
Last edited by carey on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby LPH » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:08 pm

carey wrote:I love the way everyone is an expert on here not knowing 'any' of the particulars at all. And your all perfect angles that have never made a blue.

Yep the lad f**ked up, could've been a lot worse luckily it wasn't. By no means is it acceptable behaviour but there is more to it that I'm not sure that will be made public. Infact I'm almost certain it won't, but Impey isn't in a good place at the moment.

Obtuse, Right or Acute? :roll:

Anyone happy with how Port handled the issue?
Seems to me just another Football Club 'hushing up' or 'diminishing' the Player's responsibility for his actions.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby carey » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:11 pm

LPH wrote:
carey wrote:I love the way everyone is an expert on here not knowing 'any' of the particulars at all. And your all perfect angles that have never made a blue.

Seems to me just another Football Club 'hushing up' or 'diminishing' the Player's responsibility for his actions.

Posting on my phone that shit always happens.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Pistol Pete » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 pm

LPH wrote:

Should Port of hung him in the square instead?
Pistol Pete

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Bloke did something stupid and should cop whatever comes his way within reason. He doesn't deserve to be strung up in town square. 99% of the general public would have done dumb shit that had the potential to cause harm to others or turned a blind eye to someone they know who was doing it when at a young age. Guys a ******* idiot and lucky he didn't hurt someone but cop it on the chin and learn from it.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:18 pm

carey wrote:I love the way everyone is an expert on here not knowing 'any' of the particulars at all. And your all perfect angels that have never made a blue.

Everyone **** up, not everyone walks away from it however.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
LPH wrote:

Should Port of hung him in the square instead?

Although I think the wagons are circling, he's got nothing to sphere.
Magellan
Coach

Postby oldfella » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Pistol pete,no port adelaide should not hang him in the suare however given they knew his location at reportedly 8.30pm and that its probable that they knew police were looking for the driver then as responsible corporate citizens at minimun they should have made contact with the police and arrange a meeting with clib legal representative in attendance.

It is my hope that port adelaide did just this but just have not mentioned it in any of the interviews -- if they did not then aiding some who police are seeking is a very serious matter and the club should deal with persons involved before the afl becomes involved
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:27 am

Every club has a player who pulls an almighty clanger. The opposition supporters all line up to sink the boot in the supporters of that club chime in with ' I love how everyone is an expert' and leaps to the players defence. The cosmic ballet goes on....

regards,

Spock.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:46 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Every club has a player who pulls an almighty clanger. The opposition supporters all line up to sink the boot in the supporters of that club chime in with ' I love how everyone is an expert' and leaps to the players defence. The cosmic ballet goes on....

regards,

Spock

:lol:

By the way, good analogy. Impey's driving seemed to resemble the damage caused by the Springfield monorail. ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:54 am

Port Adelaide’s player leadership group, following consultation with the AFL and AFLPA, has sanctioned Jarman Impey $5,000 and banned him from playing in Round 1 of the premiership season following his involvement in a motor vehicle incident on Saturday evening.

The incident, where four cars were damaged on a Norwood street, led to his subsequent charging by South Australian Police.

Following consultation with the Motor Accident Commission, Impey will direct the $5,000 sanction to the Brain Injury Network of SA (BINSA) in support of its road safety programs assisting people who have acquired brain injury as a result of road related trauma.

Impey will also be required to participate in BINSA’s Youth Reconnect Transition Program, where he will witness first-hand the impact and life changing circumstances that result from road trauma.

Involvement of Aidyn Johnson

Port Adelaide can now confirm South Australian Police have been advised that player Aidyn Johnson was a passenger in Impey’s vehicle at the time the incident occurred.

As a result of this information, the leadership group, again following consultation with the AFL and the AFLPA, determined to apply the same internal sanction to Johnson.

Johnson will therefore not play football in Round 1, and will donate $5,000 to BINSA and also participate in the Youth Transition Program.

These sanctions are based on the information at hand and Port Adelaide will make no further comment as the matter is subject to an ongoing police investigation.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby JK » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:45 am

The lad must be going through a bit on a personal level, because those penalties, whilst not surprising, are pretty light .. I guess SAPOL and the courts might have their own penalties to come.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 am

JK wrote:The lad must be going through a bit on a personal level, because those penalties, whilst not surprising, are pretty light .. I guess SAPOL and the courts might have their own penalties to come.

Light?
Those penalties are p*ss weak!

He should sit out at least 3-4 games if the club is serious with their sanctions.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:06 am

Any truth to the rumour that Port will be running out to a different INXS song next year?
I'm thinking "Elegantly Wasted" or "Just Keep Walking".
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 am

I presume Aidyn Johnson was penalised by the leadership group because (a) he could've done something to stopped Impey from getting in the car and didn't (on the presumption Impey appeared to have been drinking to an extent that would've impaired his driving, putting aside DUI levels), or (b) should've done something once the incident had occurred more than he did.

if it's the latter, then fair enough, on the basis he did something wrong. So what did Johnson do once the prang(s) happened? This hasn't been explained from what I have read. I can only guess that he must've scarpered as well. If so, I guess he might be up for a charge of fleeing the scene too?

If it's the former, then what about the others who let Impey get in the car, like Monfries or other Port players who were in attendance? If he did appear drunk such that getting behind the wheel was a bad idea, then a spindly 19 year old kid with no games under his belt is not the guy who should be penalised. He's hardly going to tell an experienced player and team-mate like Impey to whom he may well look up to not get in the car.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL