No votes
SHOC
4%
Unley Mercedes Jets
7%

Total votes : 55

Re: Ch9AFL Division 2 - 2017

Postby carey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:40 am

Other news filtering in from the gentleman's club tonight was Broadview are happy with they're list! Pffft laughable, My Tip is bottom 4. The once mighty tigers are a mear shadow of them selves. Jacko has some work to, Least there is no 'Culture' at Broadview.

Henley in to $1.10 just signed another one ex South lad Jarrad Wright besties with the coach ex Eagles South Adel lad. Henley picked up 10-12 now certainties for the flag. Mark my words.

****enter Marbles denials*****

#cantarguewithfact
#Careyhasafingeronthepulse
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby TIRED TIGER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:33 am

Too many red cans again Mr Football.
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby carey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:38 am

TIRED TIGER wrote:Too many red cans again Mr Football.

No Red cans in Melbourne
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby locky801 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 am

carey wrote:Other news filtering in from the gentleman's club tonight was Broadview are happy with they're list! Pffft laughable, My Tip is bottom 4. The once mighty tigers are a mear shadow of them selves. Jacko has some work to, Least there is no 'Culture' at Broadview.

Henley in to $1.10 just signed another one ex South lad Jarrad Wright besties with the coach ex Eagles South Adel lad. Henley picked up 10-12 now certainties for the flag. Mark my words.

#cantarguewithfact

List starting to look pretty good actually :D with still some big in's to come i believe
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3707 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby marbles » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:04 pm

locky801 wrote:
carey wrote:Other news filtering in from the gentleman's club tonight was Broadview are happy with they're list! Pffft laughable, My Tip is bottom 4. The once mighty tigers are a mear shadow of them selves. Jacko has some work to, Least there is no 'Culture' at Broadview.

#cantarguewithfact

List starting to look pretty good actually :D with still some big in's to come i believe

Matty pavlich is all i can tell u at this stage.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby adr107 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:02 pm

Had a beer with one of the departing Broadview players this week and he basically said the place is nothing like it once was. Disappointing to hear because he was someone who would never move on unless it took a pretty bad turn. Must be a very different place these culture wise these days.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby locky801 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:08 pm

adr107 wrote:Had a beer with one of the departing Broadview players this week and he basically said the place is nothing like it once was. Disappointing to hear because he was someone who would never move on unless it took a pretty bad turn. Must be a very different place these culture wise these days.

Times and things change, IMO things looking alot rosier for the coming seasons than they have been in the last 2 or 3. Nearly 60 players already on the track working hard, not going to be an easy road in 2017 but a season of growing and developing a very good list for the seasons ahead.

Pity departing players vent to others and not the club, think with what is happening there and plans in place the culture will certainly be back in 2017. Just my thoughts
locky801
Coach

Postby TIRED TIGER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:55 pm

adr107 wrote:Had a beer with one of the departing Broadview players this week and he basically said the place is nothing like it once was. Disappointing to hear because he was someone who would never move on unless it took a pretty bad turn. Must be a very different place these culture wise these days.

perhaps the blokes leaving may have caused this "so called" culture change. At least the guys left won't need their egos stroked all the time imo.I'm looking forward to watching our tigers in 2017
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby jo172 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:00 pm

Nothing singularly to do with Broadview but I find senior players complaining about cultural change a bit rich. Generally you are the culture or have the ability to affect the culture significantly.

Like the old saying, only boring people get bored
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby adr107 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:52 pm

locky801 wrote:

Times and things change, IMO things looking alot rosier for the coming seasons than they have been in the last 2 or 3. Nearly 60 players already on the track working hard, not going to be an easy road in 2017 but a season of growing and developing a very good list for the seasons ahead.

Pity departing players vent to others and not the club, think with what is happening there and plans in place the culture will certainly be back in 2017. Just my thoughts

Hope it is. A really proud club with some great history. Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Being a committee member of our club, I certainly understand the frustrations of trying to keep everyone happy, especially in today's footballing environment where there is so much choice and so much less loyalty shown generally. However, i'd assume the club has had exit interviews with these players to get their thoughts though..
adr107
Under 16s

Postby yellow » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:05 am

Interesting comments. Think many at Broadview are glad that some players who invaded the club and ruined the culture have now been moved on. A young list with a new coach, it will be interesting to see how they develop this year. Some nice recruits still to be announced I hear.
yellow
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:38 pm

yellow wrote:Interesting comments. Think many at Broadview are glad that some players who invaded the club and ruined the culture have now been moved on. A young list with a new coach, it will be interesting to see how they develop this year. Some nice recruits still to be announced I hear.

The one I spoke to has been there since junior days. Thats one hell of an invasion lol.

Without knowing heaps about that club internally, I'm gathering there were a lot of recruits from the last few years that are responsible for this 'ruining of the culture'? Hopefully its onwards and upwards for the Tigers then...
adr107
Under 16s

Postby yellow » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:28 pm

adr107 wrote:
yellow wrote:Interesting comments. Think many at Broadview are glad that some players who invaded the club and ruined the culture have now been moved on. A young list with a new coach, it will be interesting to see how they develop this year. Some nice recruits still to be announced I hear.

The one I spoke to has been there since junior days. Thats one hell of an invasion lol.

Without knowing heaps about that club internally, I'm gathering there were a lot of recruits from the last few years that are responsible for this 'ruining of the culture'? Hopefully its onwards and upwards for the Tigers then...

Without speculating on who it is, a senior player who has been there since a junior should be one of the blokes who tries to keep the place 'the same as it once was', however I doubt the departing player you spoke to was part of the problems at the tigers from the word I heard
yellow
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 pm

^BUMP*

@absolutebath
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby absolutebath » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:52 pm

No wonder no-one has posted in this thread in 2017. Old mate Carey has spilled the beans. Henley are a dead set lock. All the boys are back, they have recruited heavily, Bubbles is back and the place is having about a 3 million dollar renovation. It will only be a 1 year visit to Div 2 for the boys from Shark park

#absolutebathscertainty
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby marbles » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:48 am

absolutebath wrote:No wonder no-one has posted in this thread in 2017. Old mate Carey has spilled the beans. Henley are a dead set lock. All the boys are back, they have recruited heavily, Bubbles is back and the place is having about a 3 million dollar renovation. It will only be a 1 year visit to Div 2 for the boys from Shark park

#absolutebathscertainty

is only back when not doing tv commercials

the place is having about a 3 million dollar renovation

thankyou for your 2 million dollar donation bathy
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 am

marbles wrote:
absolutebath wrote:Bubbles is back

is only back when not doing tv commercials

:lol: :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:41 pm

absolutebath wrote:No wonder no-one has posted in this thread in 2017. Old mate Carey has spilled the beans. Henley are a dead set lock. All the boys are back, they have recruited heavily, Bubbles is back and the place is having about a 3 million dollar renovation. It will only be a 1 year visit to Div 2 for the boys from Shark park

#absolutebathscertainty

well we may as well not unpack our kits and stay at home on the dreary Saturdays then :roll:
locky801
Coach

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:10 pm

locky801 wrote:

#absolutebathscertainty

well we may as well not unpack our kits and stay at home on the dreary Saturdays then :roll:

It's only a matter of time until participation awards creep into senior sports. You hang in there ole chap.
If you're at Broadies and I could be wrong coz I don't care who is who on here it's well worth the trip for the BBQ

#BathysaysBBQ
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm

I hear some very upset grumbling a coming from The Klemzig area.
Something about getting a certain vertically gifted footballer employment only to have him sign out at a club in a town near the border. Stuff the cryptic crap....Phillips signed at Bordertown

#Bathyknowsstuff
absolutebath
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League