Salary Cap Investigations

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby morell » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:06 am

Its a simple equation really.

Penalty for transgression >>>>> Rewards for transgressing

Need to make it so that when administrators are evaluating risk, its a no-brainer decision.

If these clubs have grossly cheated, and it is cheating, their affiliation for 2017 ought to be brought into question.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 am

heater31 wrote:
marbles wrote:Jay schultz has turned down an offer of $400 a game at an unconfirmed c9afl club and will instead be heading to a victorian country club next season

Didn't realise St Kevin's Old Boys had relocated out of the Metro Melbourne area.....

And they play in the Vic Ammo's which is no cash payments..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:00 am

jo172 wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:
jo172 wrote:
carey wrote:Monday night should be fun.

4 SA Clubs done over the Cap!

2 from the SAAFL

Who's the Div 1 club with a current mass exodus?????? No idea who could someone lend me a HAND?

Not to point any fingers but if they've managed to finger anyone the penalties need to be severe. Only hope in hell of the system working

Totally agree!
If this Salary Cap is going to work, there needs to be a NO TOLERANCE policy on any breach.
There should be NO COMPASSION for any clubs self confessing, if you're over the cap by as little as $100 one week, you're over the cap, its as simple as that.
Wouldn't see the AFL letting clubs off with a slap on the wrist!

Particularly given at least ostensibly it seems difficult for the CFL to catch anyone. The only way to balance the apparent minimal risk of detection is to have incredibly harsh penalties.

If a Club in the Adelaide Football League has been found guilty of Salary Cap breach and receive a penalty from the SANFL Investigation Committee or SA Community Football League, can the Adelaide Football League then also give the club another penalty of their own on top of what they have already received for bringing the game into disrepute?
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:07 am

Monday, 12 December 2016

COMMUNITY FOOTBALL: PLAYER PAYMENT BREACH

A South Australian community football club has breached regulations controlling the payment of players.

Community Football’s Player Payments Investigation Committee has confirmed an unnamed club has breached Regulation 31 – the Player Payment Cap.

Once the investigation is completed, a full report will be presented to the Salary Cap Commissioner to determine a penalty which may include a loss of premiership points, a loss of Approved Player Points System (APPS) points, player suspension, a fine or all of the above.

“This should serve as a warning to all clubs and players that Community Football is taking Regulation 31 very seriously,” said Community Football Manager Matt Duldig.

“Should a club choose to cheat the system, the consequences could be very damaging – not only to the club but also to the individuals found to have been involved.”

There are currently seven other club investigations underway. Despite this, Mr. Duldig said the general acceptance of the Player Payment Cap in its first year had been very encouraging.

“Although our focus is clearly on the policing of regulations, we continue to hear positive stories of the effect of the payment cap,” he said.

“Many clubs have saved money and redirected those funds towards other areas including facilities, junior development and coaching – so it’s really having a very positive effect.

“However, clubs should understand that we are determined to penalise those who are found to be cheating the system.”
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby morell » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:17 am

Wonder where all the people saying "you'll never catch them anyway so it's pointless" have gone.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:21 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Not to point any fingers but if they've managed to finger anyone the penalties need to be severe. Only hope in hell of the system working

Totally agree!
If this Salary Cap is going to work, there needs to be a NO TOLERANCE policy on any breach.
There should be NO COMPASSION for any clubs self confessing, if you're over the cap by as little as $100 one week, you're over the cap, its as simple as that.
Wouldn't see the AFL letting clubs off with a slap on the wrist!

Particularly given at least ostensibly it seems difficult for the CFL to catch anyone. The only way to balance the apparent minimal risk of detection is to have incredibly harsh penalties.

If a Club in the Adelaide Football League has been found guilty of Salary Cap breach and receive a penalty from the SANFL Investigation Committee or SA Community Football League, can the Adelaide Football League then also give the club another penalty of their own on top of what they have already received for bringing the game into disrepute?

Consider this for a dilemma. In the process of investigating a TPPS Breach, the CFL integrity team discover club A has paid 1 player 1000 and 4 players $500 per game and the whole team $4000 per week in 2016

CFL have no jurisdiction over this because Ch9AFL Club A has not breached CFL rules, but they have breached the Ch9AFL rules
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:22 am

morell wrote:Wonder where all the people saying "you'll never catch them anyway so it's pointless" have gone.

Duldig tight-lipped on whether city or country. Which is fine, I'm sure it will come out eventually. But heck, I wanna know now!
OnSong
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:23 am

morell wrote:Wonder where all the people saying "you'll never catch them anyway so it's pointless" have gone.

So you honestly believe only a couple of clubs were over this year?
Only the dumb clubs will get caught, there are far too many legitimate ways to bypass it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:25 am

Jim05 wrote:

Only the dumb clubs will get caught, there are far too many legitimate ways to bypass it

Only the dumb clubs will bypass it because it jeopardises the long term future of the club.
Watch them make a public name and shame if they can pin this breach on a club.
I would be wild it if was my club. Absolutely livid of the management's selfishness and greed to put it at risk.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:35 am

OnSong wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Only the dumb clubs will bypass it because it jeopardises the long term future of the club.
Watch them make a public name and shame if they can pin this breach on a club.
I would be wild it if was my club. Absolutely livid of the management's selfishness and greed to put it at risk.

This.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby morell » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:35 am

Jim05 wrote:

You don't get it. They don't have to be caught, they just have to see what happens to those who are

morell wrote:Need to make it so that when administrators are evaluating risk, its a no-brainer decision.
morell
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:00 pm

So who is your guess?

Id suggest the Div 1 Premiers
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:So who is your guess?

I'd be disappointed if it wasn't a country club.
OnSong
Coach

Postby vics01 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Flagstaff Hill??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby morell » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:05 pm

My mail suggests there might be some investigative work being done in regards to school players actually being from that school.
morell
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Myponga/Sellicks? :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:03 pm

morell wrote:

My mail suggests there might be some investigative work being done in regards to school players actually being from that school.

I heard they don't fully inflate their footballs and the goals at Park 9 are actually only 6.2m wide not the required 6.4m.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby morell » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Trader wrote:
morell wrote:

I heard they don't fully inflate their footballs and the goals at Park 9 are actually only 6.2m wide not the required 6.4m.
I'm sure with people of such high calibre as yourself involved they'll be nothing untoward happening and absolute exoneration will occur.

That is of course if my mail is even correct, known to get a bit mouldy at times.
morell
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Aren't there a few teams in the Barossa who pay the players partners to play netball and this is on top of the payments the players are already getting and not declared in the cap??? So in effect, the money the partner is getting paid to play netball is actually part of the football payment on the side?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Salary Cap Investigations

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Aren't there a few teams in the Barossa who pay the players partners to play netball and this is on top of the payments the players are already getting and not declared in the cap??? So in effect, the money the partner is getting paid to play netball is actually part of the football payment on the side?

All Barossa clubs have been cleared so I'm guessing they are doing nothing wrong.
In these days of equality it would be unfair if netballers weren't being paid aswell[emoji13]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League