Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Postby oldbomber » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:18 pm

200 Killer Wasps wrote:All the Country premiership teams were investigated after the end of the season.

Really? So is one of these going to get stripped of a premiership if found guilty? I doubt it. Would love to know what club has been rolled in this investigation. Time will tell i guess...a lot of clubs have just got more creative with how they pay if they are over the cap.

I find it very hard to believe the big budget clubs in leagues such as kntfl can go from 200-250k budget down to 45-60k in 1-2 years and still recruit quality but good luck to them. It appears the city clubs with high population to gather players from just cant create the same atmosphere and sense of community at their games as they can out in the country and instead of work harder and raise more money they just cry about it.

I come from a financially successful club with a small population however we must spend shitloads of money to attract players prepared to travel just to survive let alone be competitive. If our club decides to work hard and raise the money in order to keep our club and community alive it should be our choice on how we spend it.

Looks like proposed salary cap in vic is triple in most country leagues to that of s.a so be interesting to see how many big name s.a footballers start making the trek over the border to greener pastures over next few years.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:44 pm

To satisfy the SAAFL sooks the cap is in place. Those in the city fail to see without the Bush comps football will die.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Shoot it » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Anyone got an idea of the clubs in trouble for Salary Cap breech.

is there only 1 or a couple as per the original rumour.

what league or leagues ??
Shoot it

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:24 am

vics01 wrote:To satisfy the SAAFL sooks the cap is in place. Those in the city fail to see without the Bush comps football will die.

I am not sure the 300 plus junior teams and the 200 plus senior teams in the city would agree with your statement

Also the so called SAAFL sooks have no representation on the Community Football League

Other than those two points, your statement is close to being accurate
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 am

Executive Member wrote:
vics01 wrote:To satisfy the SAAFL sooks the cap is in place. Those in the city fail to see without the Bush comps football will die.

I am not sure the 300 plus junior teams and the 200 plus senior teams in the city would agree with your statement

Also the so called SAAFL sooks have no representation on the Community Football League

I must apologise, it seems I got the number of teams wrong and so as to not to provide information that may be misleading, it is important to clarify

700 Junior Teams and 250 senior teams
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

I must apologise, it seems I got the number of teams wrong and so as to not to provide information that may be misleading, it is important to clarify

The SANFL and SAAFL are happy as long as they dont lose players to SA country areas even though up to half of their players originate from the country. They are more than happy to lose them to Victoria where the salary cap is 4 times what it is here. Good old little tin pot SA
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Executive Member » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:18 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

The SANFL and SAAFL are happy as long as they dont lose players to SA country areas even though up to half of their players originate from the country. They are more than happy to lose them to Victoria where the salary cap is 4 times what it is here. Good old little tin pot SA

Maybe you need to clarify your point of half their players, not sure there would be even 10% of players playing in the SAAFL that originated from the country. As for your losing them to Country Vic, seriously how many are we talking that would do that, 10 in total?
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby On The Pine » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Would be interesting to know. 77% of SA's population live in the greater Adelaide area, with double the growth than country SA. A fair amount of the growth would be people moving to the city for jobs and education. Country clubs try to get their locals back, but the travel becomes prohibitive and the lure of the nightlife mean many end up playing amateurs.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Executive Member wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
Executive Member wrote:[quote="vics01"]To satisfy the SAAFL sooks the cap is in place. Those in the city fail to see without the Bush comps football will die.

Maybe you need to clarify your point of half their players, not sure there would be even 10% of players playing in the SAAFL that originated from the country. As for your losing them to Country Vic, seriously how many are we talking that would do that, 10 in total?[/quote]
He said half at SANFL and SAAFL.
Probably not that high at SAAFL level but a there are plenty of country lads at SANFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Up to half i believe is my quote.
= somewhere between 1 and 50% for the uneducated, hope that clears it up for you
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Executive Member » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:27 am

daysofourlives wrote:Up to half i believe is my quote.
= somewhere between 1 and 50% for the uneducated, hope that clears it up for you

:lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby vics01 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:04 pm

vics01 wrote:
To satisfy the SAAFL sooks the cap is in place. Those in the city fail to see without the Bush comps football will die.

EXECUTIVE MEMBER

EM you should know from your position in football the SAAFL has from the inception of the CFL had a finger in the pie. Continually complained about the Country Leagues paying $$ for players.. So what if they do it should be an open market.

Consider what damage the demise of football in the country will do to the game in general? Really if you let blokes go for a couple of years and get a few $$ they generally return home after the travel novelty wears off.

The CFL and SAAFL are turning the game into a Communist Utopia.. Everybody gets paid the same whether you play Div 1 or Div 7.

How ridiculous is that, certainly not striving to create a premier competition.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy