Salary Cap Investigations

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Aren't there a few teams in the Barossa who pay the players partners to play netball and this is on top of the payments the players are already getting and not declared in the cap??? So in effect, the money the partner is getting paid to play netball is actually part of the football payment on the side?

Is this a statement or a question?

How will all those parochial Adelaide Football League or Amateur supporters be if this confirmed salary cap breach is an Adelaide Football League club?
Forever the country clubs being blamed from the other side of the large brick wall that divides the two Amateur/Country Competitions for alleged large player payments or "allegedly paying too much money".
Last edited by Bag & Sledge on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Aren't there a few teams in the Barossa who pay the players partners to play netball and this is on top of the payments the players are already getting and not declared in the cap??? So in effect, the money the partner is getting paid to play netball is actually part of the football payment on the side?

How will all those parochial Adelaide Football League or Amateur supporters be if this is an Adelaide Football League club?
Forever the country clubs being blamed from the other side of the large brick wall that divides the two Amateur/Country Competitions for alleged large player payments or "allegedly paying too much money".

Well said.
Will piss myself laughing if it's a ammo club that gets done
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:How will all those parochial Adelaide Football League or Amateur supporters be if this is an Adelaide Football League club?

I think most people are already working on the assumption it is...

carey wrote:4 SA Clubs done over the Cap!

2 from the SAAFL

Who's the Div 1 club with a current mass exodus?????? No idea who could someone lend me a HAND?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

How will all those parochial Adelaide Football League or Amateur supporters be if this is an Adelaide Football League club?

Well said.
Will piss myself laughing if it's a ammo club that gets done

Can you kill yourself laughing instead? ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Trader wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:How will all those parochial Adelaide Football League or Amateur supporters be if this is an Adelaide Football League club?

I think most people are already working on the assumption it is...

carey wrote:4 SA Clubs done over the Cap!

2 from the SAAFL

Who's the Div 1 club with a current mass exodus?????? No idea who could someone lend me a HAND?

So, even though the CFL statement said there was one club that breached and 7 others being investigated, most people are assuming the one club that breached was an SAAFL team based on Carey's post?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:25 pm

You know it makes sense! ;)
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:

How will all those parochial Adelaide Football League or Amateur supporters be if this confirmed salary cap breach is an Adelaide Football League club?

The question/statement you have posted was posed by someone from a country club.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

The question/statement you have posted was posed by someone from a country club.

Thanks Dogwatcher, just confirming that the first sentence/question was for your Riverland friend and the Second paragraph was not directed at your Riverland friend?
Any news on which club has been breaching the Salary Cap Dogwatcher?
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:13 pm

None as yet. (that I know of anyway)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Will be a club North of Salisbury i reckon4
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby jo172 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Thank God for PAOC, might have been embarrassing had the other two of the top three won if early reports are to be believed
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Will be a club North of Salisbury i reckon4

Tossers? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:53 am

jo172 wrote:Thank God for PAOC, might have been embarrassing had the other two of the top three won if early reports are to be believed

It's not the reds

Footy Chick

Postby Executive Member » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:58 am

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:Thank God for PAOC, might have been embarrassing had the other two of the top three won if early reports are to be believed

It's not the reds

rules out 1, only 65 more to go 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:58 am

Footy Chick wrote:

It's not the reds

That insinuates you know who it is FC.. Care to share?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 am

Footy Chick wrote:

It's not the reds

*maroons

I know, thank god PAOC won the premiership given the questionable status of the other two sides in the top three ;)

Had the other two made the Grand Final we might have had a Lance Armstrong scenario for D1 in 2016

(at least I'm led to believe)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:25 am

I'm hearing one club was put under the microscope because a (former) official was boasting about them getting around the rules
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:25 am

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

It's not the reds

*maroons

I know, thank god PAOC won the premiership given the questionable status of the other two sides in the top three ;)

Had the other two made the Grand Final we might have had a Lance Armstrong scenario for D1 in 2016

Mate, they don't shout Maroon Maroon Maroon at the footy :lol:

No, it doesn't insinuate I know the actual culpirt, I just said I know it's not the reds (or Maroons, to appease Jo ;) )

Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:25 am

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:30 am

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

It's not the reds

*maroons

Systemic use of performance enhancing drugs at Salisbury North and Tea Tree Gully? I thought they were investigating a breach of salary cap? Melbourne Storm might have been a better reference point.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League