6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 pm

jo172 wrote:Wouldn't dream of paying anyone to play football.

Am comfortable with a number of people receiving gratuities to express the club's appreciation however.

:-s
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:54 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Q. wrote:That one club is telling fibs then
:lol: No mate.

Yeah, Q, despite Bourke & Co shopping themselves around with a significant asking price, they decided to settle at Fitzroy for nothing out of love for the club and the game.. ;) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

Yeah, Q, despite Bourke & Co shopping themselves around with a significant asking price, they decided to settle at Fitzroy for nothing out of love for the club and the game.. ;) :lol:

:lol: Wrong club.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Can categorically confirm that at least 1 club in div 6 doesn't pay players Q..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

Haha. I know exactly what Bourke asked your mob for after they approached him, and given the figure bandied about earlier for Steele, it is far from 'significant'..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Harry49 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:40 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Can categorically confirm that at least 1 club in div 6 doesn't pay players Q..

I can also categorically confirm that 1 club in div 6 doesn't pay players too Q :lol:
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Go Houghton 2017!!!
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:35 am

human_torpedo wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

Haha. I know exactly what Bourke asked your mob for after they approached him, and given the figure bandied about earlier for Steele, it is far from 'significant'..

I can name two then.
Yes, they have in the past. Not now.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Browny25 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Agree with Browny. I use to think like you bombers4eva but the reality is clubs pay now. I only know of one club that doesn't pay in Div6 and happy to be corrected if there is more. Just the way it is.

I understand about the reality of it and I'm not going to argue on the pros and cons. Just saying that from what I have heard about this Steele bloke is obvious that he can play. And if he's been offered that much then he is probably very good. So go try playing at a higher level or in the Barossa league or in the Hills league where you can get paid the same amount and play at a higher standard. He's playing below his standard.

And..... ? Wouldn't be the first, wont be the last.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby sinister23 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Browny25 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Agree with Browny. I use to think like you bombers4eva but the reality is clubs pay now. I only know of one club that doesn't pay in Div6 and happy to be corrected if there is more. Just the way it is.

I understand about the reality of it and I'm not going to argue on the pros and cons. Just saying that from what I have heard about this Steele bloke is obvious that he can play. And if he's been offered that much then he is probably very good. So go try playing at a higher level or in the Barossa league or in the Hills league where you can get paid the same amount and play at a higher standard. He's playing below his standard.

Who gives a toss what standard he's at? There's nothing wrong with playing in the lower grades to have a kick with your mates and enjoy your footy. He gets compensated well for doing it, can't really blame the bloke.
sinister23
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 pm

sinister23 wrote:
Browny25 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:

Who gives a toss what standard he's at? There's nothing wrong with playing in the lower grades to have a kick with your mates and enjoy your footy. He gets compensated well for doing it, can't really blame the bloke.

Yeah. You're right eh?? But I bet the $$$$$ didn't help persuade him also.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:10 pm

f**k me!! Who cares about whose getting paid, how much they're getting paid or what division they're playing! ](*,) ](*,)

We all get it B4E - you dont agree with players being paid, especially in Div 6 and if they've got ability they should test themselves in higher grades... you've made your point, nothing it going to change, so can we get off this stupid roundabout discussing player payments?! :Hangman:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Sometimes people like getting the same money for effectively easier work in which they can be better at it in relation to their peers, and not have to overly challenge themselves physically, or time wise.. Im sure PLENTY of people out there would do the same and they would be lying if they told you otherwise
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Zartan wrote:f**k me!! Who cares about whose getting paid, how much they're getting paid or what division they're playing! ](*,) ](*,)

We all get it B4E - you dont agree with players being paid, especially in Div 6 and if they've got ability they should test themselves in higher grades... you've made your point, nothing it going to change, so can we get off this stupid roundabout discussing player payments?! :Hangman:

:-BD :-BD :-BD
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Milly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Zartan wrote:f**k me!! Who cares about whose getting paid, how much they're getting paid or what division they're playing! ](*,) ](*,)

Settle down pal, Morrell had made 21 pages of lists about blokes playing below there grade and it's fine!
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Milly wrote:Settle down pal, Morrell had made 21 pages of lists about blokes playing below there grade and it's fine!

Same same i reckon haha - only so many times you can read the same crap lol :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Zartan wrote:
Milly wrote:Settle down pal, Morrell had made 21 pages of lists about blokes playing below there grade and it's fine!

Same same i reckon haha - only so many times you can read the same crap lol :lol:

I'm just stating that $400 a game for Div 6 is insane. And from what I read and see of the bloke. He can play. And if he WANTS to play with his mates as they say he does. He would of done it for free. Not the added incentive of $400 a game.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Milly wrote:

Settle down pal, Morrell had made 21 pages of lists about blokes playing below there grade and it's fine!
Thanks for thinking of me chaps :oops:
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Executive Member » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:

I'm just stating that $400 a game for Div 6 is insane. And from what I read and see of the bloke. He can play. And if he WANTS to play with his mates as they say he does. He would of done it for free. Not the added incentive of $400 a game.

Would he get $400 at a Div 1/2 club - No
would he get $500 plus at a country club - Yes (I think it was around $800 at Sedan for the 2 years he was there)

is he getting $400 at a Div 6 club - No (but you seem to be in the know as opposed to those actually in the know)

what I do know was he played for $0 in 2016, perhaps the Club is happy to reward him for his season this year and ward off all those pesky cashed up country clubs offering silly amounts of $$$ to Div 6 players
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:03 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Would he get $400 at a Div 1/2 club - No
would he get $500 plus at a country club - Yes (I think it was around $800 at Sedan for the 2 years he was there)

is he getting $400 at a Div 6 club - No (but you seem to be in the know as opposed to those actually in the know)

what I do know was he played for $0 in 2016, perhaps the Club is happy to reward him for his season this year and ward off all those pesky cashed up country clubs offering silly amounts of $$$ to Div 6 players

I'm only responding to a previous post when they mentioned he wasn't leaving and was offered $400 a game. That was where I based my statement from. From $0 to $400. That is fricken huge. BL must have a bit of extra coin to spare once all the rest left.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League