Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:How long will it be before being Homeless becomes a criminal offence? And how much longer after that are we going to get privitised prisons? Once that happens the journey to the dark side will be complete.

regards,

Emperor Rupert.

I was wondering about privatised jails this week and how far away they were in Australia.
You'd think our refugee detention centres are being viewed with interest by state governments.

Privatised jails will happen when private organisations build them. I fail to see a privately owned company taking over and running a state built, antiquated, facility.

I may be wrong but didn't Victoria privatise the running of a jail?
Attachments
G4S.png
G4S.png (22.73 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Magellan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:59 am

George Brandis should be sacked if he doesn't stand down first. Fancy putting the WA liberal party's interests ahead of the Commonwealth's, which includes the ATO, or more particularly, $300 million of which it would've been owed. He also very courageously blamed the whole thing on Hockey who's now living on the other side of the world.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:40 am

It would appear the only people who believe Bill Shitten are his own party
Attachments
MTvBS.png
MTvBS.png (484.23 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:55 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:It would appear the only people who believe Bill Shitten are his own party

Clutching at straws Jimmy! :roll:

Big Mal is on fire.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 am

shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:It would appear the only people who believe Bill Shitten are his own party

Big Mal is on fire.

I'm not clutching at anything

It seems you and Bill are though

Trustworthy x
Strong Leader x
Clear vision for Australia's future x
Has a firm grip on economic policy x
Has a firm grip on foreign policy x

He does get a high mark for being easily influenced by minority groups though
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:41 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Big Mal is on fire.

Trustworthy x
Strong Leader x

As I said clutching at straws.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby GWW » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:07 am

After similarly high expectations, it looks like Turnbull will be just as big a dud as Rudd.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:34 am

GWW wrote:After similarly high expectations, it looks like Turnbull will be just as big a dud as Rudd.

Yep, Turnbull's definitely promised more than he's been able to deliver. Would've been different if he'd gone to the election immediately after winning the party room vote last September. He probably would've won a majority in both houses, with less reliance on cross-benchers to pass reforms and thus avoiding the Faustian deal he's had to make with the right-wing of the Liberal party room.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:35 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Big Mal is on fire.

Trustworthy x
Strong Leader x

Im not sure Turnbull or any of the Liberal heros would tick many bkxes either.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Trader » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:47 pm

GWW wrote:After similarly high expectations, it looks like Turnbull will be just as big a dud as Rudd.

It's got to be the worst time in history to be in power doesn't it?

The growth of minority parties as made it difficult to actually pass any legislation without selling your sole on another issue or washing it down to the point it doesn't achieve its primary objective anyway.
Politics has become more about reelection and the cash windfall that comes with it, rather than actually governing the country.
Historically the opposition would generally support anything that was seen as a benefit for the country.
Now it's simply a case of blindly oppose, block and stifle till the point the country gets fed up and kicks the current government out and you now get your turn in the hot seat.

We've always had minor parties, celebrity candidates and grandstanding pollies, however the increase of these three, together with the diminishing attention span of society as a whole, the growth of the entitlement generation and the financial pressures that demand you get back in power asap rather than wait your turn in opposition has all but destroyed any chance of either side of politics formulating a long term plan and sticking it through to see it implemented effectively over a number of years.

I don't think it matters who's in power, simply put, even if they were competent, the system no longer allows them to prove it!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Trader wrote:

It's got to be the worst time in history to be in power doesn't it?

The growth of minority parties as made it difficult to actually pass any legislation without selling your sole on another issue or washing it down to the point it doesn't achieve its primary objective anyway.
Politics has become more about reelection and the cash windfall that comes with it, rather than actually governing the country.
Historically the opposition would generally support anything that was seen as a benefit for the country.
Now it's simply a case of blindly oppose, block and stifle till the point the country gets fed up and kicks the current government out and you now get your turn in the hot seat.

We've always had minor parties, celebrity candidates and grandstanding pollies, however the increase of these three, together with the diminishing attention span of society as a whole, the growth of the entitlement generation and the financial pressures that demand you get back in power asap rather than wait your turn in opposition has all but destroyed any chance of either side of politics formulating a long term plan and sticking it through to see it implemented effectively over a number of years.

I don't think it matters who's in power, simply put, even if they were competent, the system no longer allows them to prove it!

Minor parties etc are a sign of the times, but as I said above, if Turnbull seized his honeymoon moment late last year he'd probably have a majority in both houses, with no need to kiss the arse of Abbott/right wing of the Liberal party room, Hanson (they wouldn't event be there), Labor and the Greens. Thus he could implement his agenda, not one that's trying to stave off minor parties and maintain a majority in the house.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:03 am

Peter Dutton calls for pro-Christmas uprising against 'political correctness gone mad'

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politi ... tbj63.html

Because there's just not enough Christmas stuff happening in Australia at the moment, in case you haven't turned on a television or walked into a shop since about October.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:27 am

Magellan wrote:Peter Dutton calls for pro-Christmas uprising against 'political correctness gone mad'

Because there's just not enough Christmas stuff happening in Australia at the moment, in case you haven't turned on a television or walked into a shop since about October.

Probably something to do with Labor doing away with Christmas

Happy holidays everyone
Attachments
HolidayGIF5.gif
HolidayGIF5.gif (225.01 KiB) Viewed 219 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Good. **** Jesus.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:26 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Magellan wrote:Peter Dutton calls for pro-Christmas uprising against 'political correctness gone mad'

Probably something to do with Labor doing away with Christmas

Ah, no...a school in Kedron had a Christmas event and no carols were sung. Batten down the hatches everyone, it's time to go to the mattresses! Political correctness gone mad! In one school!

If this kind of thing really makes his blood boil (as he claims), then I advise everyone to write him a Christmas card with all references to Christmas crossed out and 'happy holidays' or a non-Christian religious event written over it, so that way his head might actually explode and we can be done with him for good.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:28 am

Q. wrote:Good. **** Jesus.

Aw, come on now, Q, don;t be mean. If you were the son of God Jesus would've celebrated your birthday.
Magellan
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:40 am

Magellan wrote:
Q. wrote:Good. **** Jesus.

Aw, come on now, Q, don;t be mean. If you were the son of God Jesus would've celebrated your birthday.

Heck mate, maybe a bit harsh on some bloke who did nothing to you but be born ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:01 am

Cory Bernardi to form his own breakaway conservative party?

At least this way we'll get to find out how many people comprise the downtrodden majority silenced by the left wing apparatus of the 'elite media', progressive values, and all the other stuff that's holding us back from reliving the fifites.

I suspect it's not as many as young Cory thinks. But it could definitely split the One Nation vote if it goes ahead.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politi ... tg617.html
Magellan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:29 am

I only heard about Corey's potential new party for the first time last week...
Clearly he has been doing the numbers and thinks it's worthwhile, for the long term.
If anything it's also a big **** to Turnbull and his fans.
I'm not necessarily a fan of Corey, but I would vote for him over Turnbull. You know where you stand with Corey, Turnbull puts everything on the table for reform and then when there is a backlash against changes he slowly takes it off the table and we are back to where it started and nothing happens.
I think Corey and Pauline probably took a lot out of Trump's victory in the us and can see a political future with that style of politics, even though Pauline was voted in before Trump, that may have just been the rebel vote against the major parties then.

Interesting times.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11850 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:35 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I only heard about Corey's potential new party for the first time last week...
Clearly he has been doing the numbers and thinks it's worthwhile, for the long term.
If anything it's also a big **** to Turnbull and his fans.
I'm not necessarily a fan of Corey, but I would vote for him over Turnbull. You know where you stand with Corey, Turnbull puts everything on the table for reform and then when there is a backlash against changes he slowly takes it off the table and we are back to where it started and nothing happens.
I think Corey and Pauline probably took a lot out of Trump's victory in the us and can see a political future with that style of politics, even though Pauline was voted in before Trump, that may have just been the rebel vote against the major parties then.

Interesting times.

Turnbull is turning into the same lame duck PM has Rudd and Gillard
Australia has gone nowhere for the past 10 years
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics