Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby stan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 pm

When a poor old troll goes fishing hard and gets no bites. Bit funny, maybe should have been sad as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby shoe boy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:28 am

This may be controversial but here goes.

I cannot believe the women cricketers chasing equal remuneration. Last weekend channel 10 shoved what I believe was the worst standard of any sport I have seen telecasted live for 2 days.

I would like to point out I love cricket , I have a mother , daughter and sister and am not against women in sport but don't attempt to promote a product that is so poor .

If my sister , daughter or mother was playing I would watch and attend but outside that no thanks . Now before I am shot down ,yes I can turn the channel as I did BUT when I go to a BIG BASH game at AO I do not want that crap played as a curtain raiser . I would rather watch our under 19 development players or alike .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:41 am

Sort of agree here :shock: as someone who was forced to attend national female cricket carnivals you do have a slight point. The top end talent would make the regular male park cricketer look silly!

They deserve to be able to earn a decent full time wage from the sport. But where it falls down is depth at the moment. 6 states play the 50 over competition yet an additional 22 players are required to play games in the WBBL. Yes some of that shortfall is made up of international talent but there would have to be cases of girls not able to make their state's XI for the national league.

For me if I happen to be around and it's on its mostly background noise and I might focus for an over or two before continuing on with something else.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:57 am

shoe boy wrote:This may be controversial but here goes.

I cannot believe the women cricketers chasing equal remuneration. Last weekend channel 10 shoved what I believe was the worst standard of any sport I have seen telecasted live for 2 days.

I would like to point out I love cricket , I have a mother , daughter and sister and am not against women in sport but don't attempt to promote a product that is so poor .

If my sister , daughter or mother was playing I would watch and attend but outside that no thanks . Now before I am shot down ,yes I can turn the channel as I did BUT when I go to a BIG BASH game at AO I do not want that crap played as a curtain raiser . I would rather watch our under 19 development players or alike .

Who says they're chasing equal remuneration?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:08 am

I tend to agree, same goes with the football.

I understand that these sports probably need some prime time to build the brand but not have funds thrown at it at the expense of putting the money into grassroots or junior development.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:14 am

Footy Chick wrote:

I tend to agree, same goes with the football.

I understand that these sports probably need some prime time to build the brand but not have funds thrown at it at the expense of putting the money into grassroots or junior development.

FYI the base wage for a male State Cricketers is $75,000 plus match payments. Play a prescribed number of matches with out a contract you get a pro-rata wage for the remainder of the season once to activate the games required.

Have absolutely no issue with the likes of Eylse Perry, Alyssa Healy getting this amount maybe a bit more to play international cricket.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:19 pm

This would have been compelling viewing :

Fair Innings.jpg
Fair Innings.jpg (33.97 KiB) Viewed 1061 times

10th wicket partnership was an unbeaten 61. She also took 2 wickets.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:11 pm

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:49 am

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby JK » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:54 am

Boxing Day show at a mates place - as per usual the boys decide $20 per head for a group Quaddie and the girls decide they're keen to have a go too.

We have 7 of the 8 runners in the 1st leg .. Yep, you guessed it, we're out straight away. Lads think it's piss funny (because we're used to it lol), but the girls are devastated their dreams of millions are gone in a matter of minutes :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby carey » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:13 pm

If I could like this a million times I would
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:46 pm

carey wrote:

If I could like this a million times I would

I don't mind watching athletic women - my first wife was a teacher, and a sprinter and hurdler, and my second training in ballet 14 hours a week at the Australian Dance Theatre when we met. Between marriages there was a a state Netballer and an Israeli army sergeant who each held my attention for a while...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Did you know that Australia's Head Scientist is named Professor Finkel?

Sounds a lot like Professor Frink ;)

Oh well, made me giggle anyway :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby carey » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:44 pm

The birthdays listed on the bottom of the index page. 1 user with about 10 log ins????
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:12 pm

carey wrote:The birthdays listed on the bottom of the index page. 1 user with about 10 log ins????

I just had a look this, this is weird.

It appears my google account (and possibly the others?), which I use with Tapatalk has been linked to the forum somehow and became a forum account.

Everyone has the same default birthday 1/1/1970!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:30 am

Mariah Carey's flop NYE performance
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:04 pm

A real-life Fawlty Towers story!

IN AN exchange that sounds like a scene from Fawlty Towers, a Bendigo man says a publican removed $5 worth of his meal in order to settle a price dispute.

When Matt Ingram queried a price discrepancy on a plate of pasta at the Golden Square Hotel in Bendigo, publican Ashley McKenzie didn’t refund the difference or throw in a free drink or garlic bread.

Instead, he allegedly snatched the final mouthfuls of the meal from Ingram’s plate to even up the ledger, leaving his customer flummoxed — and quite hungry — and sparking a social media backlash.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/r ... baec626506
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:33 am

I don't whether it makes me laugh of cry but:

On Friday the missus and I had the house to ourselves and we're having a bit of fun time when I picked her up and went to chuck her on the lounge and we slipped causing me to land on her and our teeth smashed together and now I'm the owner of a broken front tooth.

I guess I'll stop laughing when I visit the dentist to get it fixed, lucky it was mine and not hers I guess.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't whether it makes me laugh of cry but:

On Friday the missus and I had the house to ourselves and we're having a bit of fun time when I picked her up and went to chuck her on the lounge and we slipped causing me to land on her and our teeth smashed together and now I'm the owner of a broken front tooth.

I guess I'll stop laughing when I visit the dentist to get it fixed, lucky it was mine and not hers I guess.

So long as it didn't interrupt the fun, you'll get through it mate, and according to @Pseudo you get a discount on Power membership now
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:43 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't whether it makes me laugh of cry but:

So long as it didn't interrupt the fun, you'll get through it mate, and according to @Pseudo you get a discount on Power membership now

It stopped us in our tracks for a few minutes as it made a fair clunk, I was relieved when she smiled and still had all of her chompers in tact, no paper bag needed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion