Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby stan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:51 am

Wedgie wrote:Or even better, ignore people without a sense of humour.

It seems these days that would be every 2nd person. But maybe you should ignore them all as you wouldn't want to seem prejudice now lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dissident » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:41 am

When you say the double stack do you mean the scotch fillet one? Cos I got one called "the stack" which was double meat but a burger, not steak.
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:59 pm

The Waradale

"Tis the season for Xmas work lunches, fa la la la laaa

other area I work with had their Xmas lucch today and we frequented the Waradale along with a couple of other groups. The Bistro was about 75% full.

Having just had another Xmas party it provided an opportunity to compare the two pubs when ordering similar meals and drinks.

Went for the Chicken Schnitty with Mushroom Gravy

Schnitty came in in well done and dry (compared to my just right thick and juicy one at the Highway the week before). Mushroom gravy was basically gravy hardly any mushrooms in at apart from what looked like the mushrooms in butter sauce that you get in a tin which had been added to the gravy.

Chips came in the enlarged thimble that other pubs put their salads in.

meal does come with the salad and veg bar and that was the only really decent part of the meal (potato bake, mushrooms and honey glazed carrots.

Two WEDs came to $18.20 - see earlier item about the price of nature's nectar at this pub from a month ago in the "Shits" thread.

So ealier where I spent $51 and got four beers and a decent schnitty (parmy topping not teh best)

Today I spent $45 for two beers, a sh!t schnitty and an OK vege bar.

4/10 won't be back by choice.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Pag » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Dissident wrote:When you say the double stack do you mean the scotch fillet one? Cos I got one called "the stack" which was double meat but a burger, not steak.

Yeah fell in love with that thing. Haven't tried the steak sandwiches yet.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dissident » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:24 am

Pag wrote:
Dissident wrote:When you say the double stack do you mean the scotch fillet one? Cos I got one called "the stack" which was double meat but a burger, not steak.

Ahh glad I changed what you said then! The Double Stack is a steak sandwich, where as The Stack is a burger (double meat)
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby Pag » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Dissident wrote:
Pag wrote:

Ahh glad I changed what you said then! The Double Stack is a steak sandwich, where as The Stack is a burger (double meat)

My bad. Had the burger, sorry.
Pag
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Dissident wrote:
Pag wrote:

My bad. Had the burger, sorry.
Pag
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Nu Thai - Morphett St

Went there last night for mrs bennymacca's 30th birthday.

There was 8 of us so we decided to go the banquet, which was $53 per head

Entrees - Spring rolls, Chicken & Cashew basket thingy, Prawn cracker/dumpling, and Ginger Scallop. All were excellent but the scallop was up there with the best seafood food I had ever eaten. Almost wish i just had a plate of that.

Main
A short time after, the mains came out. Chilli Barramundi, Pork belly which was spicy and sweet, and some salt and pepper squid. All were very good, particularly the barra and the pork belly.

There was so much of it, we barely noticed we were supposed to have 5 mains - we only really did because one of our party was a little fussy and requested that there was thai green curry as she knew she would eat that. So we asked about that when they started taking away our plates, and the waiter replied with "oh no, we have two sittings for mains"

Holy shit, more food was coming out!

The next lot of food was the thai green curry and a spicy thai beef. The curry was probably disappointing as it was only good and not excellent. The beef was great though.

We were so full probably only half of these dishes got eaten.

We also didnt realise that dessert was included as well - a small bowl consisting of a banana fritter and coconut icecream.

The total bill came to $550 which wasn't bad considering the girls had a few cocktails and I had a few hop hogs. Even though it was a monday night the place was quite busy.

All in all some of the best food I have had in adelaide, and would highly recommend.

9. 5/10. They get docked half a point because it isnt the most atmospheric of restaurants.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Barry's Burgers at Semaphore, tried them out for for the first time for lunch today. Very happy with it and will definitely go back there. Wasn't very busy so I waited maybe 10 minutes for my meal.

I had a Baz burger (just their standard burger) and added Bacon and Egg. Also had a side of small Sweet Potato Chips. Burger was pretty good, I'd give it a 7.5/10 while the Sweet Potato chips were the highlight, they were absolutely delicious, 9/10. Could of been 10 if all the chips were crispy, some were a bit soft.

The burger and serve of chips weren't overly big compared to a 127 Days burger and chips and that's a good thing as I haven't felt too full this afternoon after eating it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:15 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Barry's Burgers at Semaphore, tried them out for for the first time for lunch today. Very happy with it and will definitely go back there. Wasn't very busy so I waited maybe 10 minutes for my meal.

I had a Baz burger (just their standard burger) and added Bacon and Egg. Also had a side of small Sweet Potato Chips. Burger was pretty good, I'd give it a 7.5/10 while the Sweet Potato chips were the highlight, they were absolutely delicious, 9/10. Could of been 10 if all the chips were crispy, some were a bit soft.

The burger and serve of chips weren't overly big compared to a 127 Days burger and chips and that's a good thing as I haven't felt too full this afternoon after eating it.

Go for the Baz Deluxe. So good. I always get sweet potato fries and also a serve of their potato salad.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:34 pm

bennymacca wrote:Nu Thai - Morphett St

Went there last night for mrs bennymacca's 30th birthday.

There was 8 of us so we decided to go the banquet, which was $53 per head

Entrees - Spring rolls, Chicken & Cashew basket thingy, Prawn cracker/dumpling, and Ginger Scallop. All were excellent but the scallop was up there with the best seafood food I had ever eaten. Almost wish i just had a plate of that.

Main
A short time after, the mains came out. Chilli Barramundi, Pork belly which was spicy and sweet, and some salt and pepper squid. All were very good, particularly the barra and the pork belly.

There was so much of it, we barely noticed we were supposed to have 5 mains - we only really did because one of our party was a little fussy and requested that there was thai green curry as she knew she would eat that. So we asked about that when they started taking away our plates, and the waiter replied with "oh no, we have two sittings for mains"

Holy shit, more food was coming out!

The next lot of food was the thai green curry and a spicy thai beef. The curry was probably disappointing as it was only good and not excellent. The beef was great though.

We were so full probably only half of these dishes got eaten.

We also didnt realise that dessert was included as well - a small bowl consisting of a banana fritter and coconut icecream.

The total bill came to $550 which wasn't bad considering the girls had a few cocktails and I had a few hop hogs. Even though it was a monday night the place was quite busy.

All in all some of the best food I have had in adelaide, and would highly recommend.

9. 5/10. They get docked half a point because it isnt the most atmospheric of restaurants.

I had a bloody food hangover all day today, but it was awesome
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Mic » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Melt Pizza Bar at Hyde Park. Just finished a delicious pizza and helped finish the wife's. Always visit every few months.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Booney » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:28 pm

Sammys on the Marina.

Booked for 4. Got sat at a table for 6. :-??

20 minutes in no drinks order taken, no menus on table. 40 minutes in get beers and bottle of wine to the table. About to up and go and they apologize and take food order. 30 minutes passes by and they come to ask what we ordered and with who. It was the chick who asked us who took the order!

Said don't bother and upped and out. They didn't ask for payment of the wine and beers ( lucky for them ) and gave us two $100 vouchers. Who wants them?

0/10. Banned.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Booney wrote:Sammys on the Marina.

20 minutes in no drinks order taken, no menus on table. 40 minutes in get beers and bottle of wine to the table. About to up and go and they apologize and take food order. 30 minutes passes by and they come to ask what we ordered and with who. It was the chick who asked us who took the order!

Said don't bother and upped and out. They didn't ask for payment of the wine and beers ( lucky for them ) and gave us two $100 vouchers. Who wants them?

0/10. Banned.

Ate there once about 15 years ago and it was terrible, swore I'd never go back and nothing has swayed me since. In that time I've probably heard from about 20 people that have eaten there and no one has ever had a decent word to say about it.

So many good options on the Pier I'm surprised Sammy's is still going.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:26 pm

0/10. Banned.

Yep, did a review on it about a year ago and it's on the banned for life list.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:28 pm

Wow.
That's bad
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:18 pm

Went to Escra on the Marina. Got smaller than Entree size meals for main courses which cost $25 each.
Pretentious tasteless crap.
1/10
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:21 pm

I know Sammys on the Marina has a bad rep but the missus wants to go there so will be heading out that way soon
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm

0/10. Banned.

How much you want for them?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Considering he gave them a 0/10 that equates to $0/$100
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion