Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:10 pm

heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote: How many Catholics are paedophiles in your eyes?

More than you think....

Then this may have a market worth considering perhaps...

Protection.jpg
Protection.jpg (64.35 KiB) Viewed 509 times
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby stan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Is Andrew Lamming a Liberal MP out of Queensland all there?

From pouring oil on his hands in parliment to fighting with a Simpsons meme page on facebook you have to wonder if this bloke is all there and fit to hold office.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Gozu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:29 am

Rod Culleton is vowing to fight his removal from federal politics, despite the president of the Senate confirming his disqualification.

The former One Nation senator has threatened legal action after Senate president Stephen Parry declared he had received formal documents showing Mr Culleton had been declared bankrupt and was no longer a senator.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-12/r ... on/8177490

Adios.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:33 am

Gozu wrote:
Rod Culleton is vowing to fight his removal from federal politics, despite the president of the Senate confirming his disqualification.

The former One Nation senator has threatened legal action after Senate president Stephen Parry declared he had received formal documents showing Mr Culleton had been declared bankrupt and was no longer a senator.

Adios.

A bit sad, parliament can always use someone to provide comedy relief.

On the bright side, a village can now get its idiot back.*

* Apologies to New Zealand Opposition MP Kelvin Davis. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Magellan wrote:
Gozu wrote:

Adios.

A bit sad, parliament can always use someone to provide comedy relief.

On the bright side, a village can now get its idiot back.*

* Apologies to New Zealand Opposition MP Kelvin Davis. ;)

Leyonhjelm, Hanson and Hinch in the upper house.

Lamming, Dutton, Morrison with Shorten and co across the floor.

The only thing we have covered well is comic relief.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:16 am

Centrelink's current automated debt recovery data-matching system. An absolute disgrace.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-12/centrelink-memo-shows-staff-ordered-not-to-process-debt-disputes/8177652

Centrelink's public trust quotient is already lower than shark shit, but this is only going to bury it in the ocean bed for a long time.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Sussan Ley has just resigned from the frontbench over the expenses scandal, and the government will set up a new independent agency to administer and oversee the "work expenses" of all parliamentarians, modelled on a United Kingdom approach.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Sussan Ley has quit as health minister:

Sussan Ley has resigned from the frontbench amid an ongoing expenses scandal, despite claiming she has not broken any rules.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said Ms Ley's replacements in the health, aged care and sport portfolios would be announced next week and Arthur Sinodinos would stay on as Acting Health Minister until then.

See-no-donors getting a run.

A key bit this:

Ms Ley stepped aside from Cabinet on Monday, amid two investigations into her travel expenses, which included billing taxpayers to attend two New Year's Eve events hosted by a prominent Queensland businesswoman and donor.

Ms Ley was also criticised for purchasing a $795,000 luxury apartment on the Gold Coast while on a taxpayer funded trip, claiming it was an impulse purchase.

But a retired couple on the Gold Coast Hinterland claim Ms Ley made an unsuccessful bid on her house nine months before she purchased the apartment.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-13/s ... al/8180602
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Will be interesting to see how the expenses watchdog works in practice. I suspect that without considerable reforms to the expenses rules that it might be a paper tiger, since no-one in Parliament really wants to stop the gravy train.
Magellan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Magellan wrote:Sussan Ley has just resigned from the frontbench over the expenses scandal, and the government will set up a new independent agency to administer and oversee the "work expenses" of all parliamentarians, modelled on a United Kingdom approach.

That's the same legislation that Nick X put forward that got rejected
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby stan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:31 am

Greg Hunt is now Health minister.

stan
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:33 am

Again on Andrew Lamming. This bloke seems to spend a lot of time fighting with people on facebook.

He throws up articles to antagonize people and then starts the abuse.

Again is this bloke all there?

stan
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:20 am

I'll tell you what the young libs in NSW know how to get a meeting going with a bit of excitement........

I mean why keep it boring when you can have your own factional war with dress ups...

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politi ... u1sjf.html
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:55 am

stan wrote:I'll tell you what the young libs in NSW know how to get a meeting going with a bit of excitement........

I mean why keep it boring when you can have your own factional war with dress ups...

Whilst at first blush this looks bad, I'm not sure this is that big a deal. I think they were making a statement against the US travel bans, not supporting white supremacy or anything like that.

If you look at the footage, the guy on the mike says something like 'do you want to be part of this' as the men in hoods walk to the stage, bearing in mind the motion being discussed was support for non-discriminatory immigration policy in light of recent US events. The atmosphere seems very lighthearted and jocular, more like an ironic university prank rather than a serious pro-white protest. Note at the end of the footage one guy who had the hood on takes it off with a big smile on his face, as if he's satisfied he's just been part of practical joke that's done it's job.

That said, given the prevalence of cameras these days, this kind of stunt is only going to have negative repercussions.
Magellan
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:47 am

Magellan wrote:
stan wrote:I'll tell you what the young libs in NSW know how to get a meeting going with a bit of excitement........

Whilst at first blush this looks bad, I'm not sure this is that big a deal. I think they were making a statement against the US travel bans, not supporting white supremacy or anything like that.

If you look at the footage, the guy on the mike says something like 'do you want to be part of this' as the men in hoods walk to the stage, bearing in mind the motion being discussed was support for non-discriminatory immigration policy in light of recent US events. The atmosphere seems very lighthearted and jocular, more like an ironic university prank rather than a serious pro-white protest. Note at the end of the footage one guy who had the hood on takes it off with a big smile on his face, as if he's satisfied he's just been part of practical joke that's done it's job.

That said, given the prevalence of cameras these days, this kind of stunt is only going to have negative repercussions.

I was more taking the piss at the young libs meeting itself. I thought it was all a bit humerious in the end. I think there are more piss takers out there than what we pay credit for these days.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:52 am

stan wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I was more taking the piss at the young libs meeting itself. I thought it was all a bit humerious in the end. I think there are more piss takers out there than what we pay credit for these days.

Yes, I getcha stan. FWIW my post wasn't meant to be a direct reply to yours, more of an observation of the story and footage.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:45 am

I wish I was a fly on the wall during this conversation:

Donald Trump blasts Malcolm Turnbull

The Washington Post has reported – citing US officials briefed on the phone call – that Mr Trump told Mr Turnbull the agreement he struck with the Obama administration was “the worst deal ever”, and that by agreeing to it, Mt Trump was “going to get killed” politically.

Mr Trump also allegedly accused Mr Turnbull and Australia of seeking to send “the next Boston bombers” to the US in the deal, which allows for the US to take a reported 1250 refugees from Nauru and Manus Island.

Sources also reportedly told The Washington Post the conversation that was meant to last an hour was ended abruptly after 25 minutes by Mr Trump.

Mr Trump also told Mr Turnbull he has spoken to four other world leaders during that day and that “this was the worst call by far”, according to the report.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:47 am

If there's minimum 1250 refugees on Nauru and Manus, but they stopped the boats, then how did they get there? #mindblown
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Q. wrote:I wish I was a fly on the wall during this conversation:

Donald Trump blasts Malcolm Turnbull

The Washington Post has reported – citing US officials briefed on the phone call – that Mr Trump told Mr Turnbull the agreement he struck with the Obama administration was “the worst deal ever”, and that by agreeing to it, Mt Trump was “going to get killed” politically.

Mr Trump also allegedly accused Mr Turnbull and Australia of seeking to send “the next Boston bombers” to the US in the deal, which allows for the US to take a reported 1250 refugees from Nauru and Manus Island.

Sources also reportedly told The Washington Post the conversation that was meant to last an hour was ended abruptly after 25 minutes by Mr Trump.

Mr Trump also told Mr Turnbull he has spoken to four other world leaders during that day and that “this was the worst call by far”, according to the report.

In fairness could you spend an hour on the phone with PM big Mal?
Be a hard gig to be honest.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Titus O'Reily ;

"Australia should put Al Clarkson on the phone the next time Trump calls"

:lol: