Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby jo172 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:He is getting more than some Div 1 players

Anyone who gets a can of coke after the game is doing better than a large chunk of D1 players.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 pm

'Some' Div 1 players are on nothing, $30 a game or beer money. So yeah that would be about right. Or you've seen his contract. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:16 pm

I found out personally that the line up to marion fc football training had cars banked up right back down diagonal road due to free cash for any player. by the time i got into the oval they were denying entry

First 100 players in the door only apparently. Will try next training i guess
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:10 pm

jo172 wrote:

Anyone who gets a can of coke after the game is doing better than a large chunk of D1 players.

Thats what I said
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 am

Ditchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Reynella finished 6th last year, Reckon they are an ordinary club?[/quote

No one is questioning whether they're a good club or a well run club or the quality of the people at the club
What we can safely say is that the standard of the SFL is diabolical after the first 3/4 clubs and those 3 or 4 clubs who are reasonable would be no higher than mid divvy 2 or divvy 3 of the ammos. There wouldn't be 2 many people who'd think the standard of the SFL is very high at all

"Diabolical" - nice troll!
We will see how BDOS & Morphie Park go this year. Edwardstown were mid range in SFL in 2015 and mid-range in Div 4 in 2016. Are you saying Div 4 is diabolical? From what I am told there is a good standard of football played at that level, unless of course your only football knowledge comes from watching AFL on TV and use that fully professional competition as your benchmark.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Purple Warrior » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 am

Anything under the top 3 or 4 teams in div 3 is very average and getting worse every year.
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Q. » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 am

Purple Warrior wrote:Anything under the top 3 or 4 teams in div 3 is very average and getting worse every year.

Yeah I beg to differ. It would be the total opposite of that.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Still good to see SAAFL plebs underrating the SFL. Whilst it remains uneven and the lower end is not a high standard, it remains a pretty good competition.

Anyone not in D1 or D2 ought to be keeping their mouths shut.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Ditchy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Ditchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Reynella finished 6th last year, Reckon they are an ordinary club?[/quote

No one is questioning whether they're a good club or a well run club or the quality of the people at the club
What we can safely say is that the standard of the SFL is diabolical after the first 3/4 clubs and those 3 or 4 clubs who are reasonable would be no higher than mid divvy 2 or divvy 3 of the ammos. There wouldn't be 2 many people who'd think the standard of the SFL is very high at all

We will see how BDOS & Morphie Park go this year. Edwardstown were mid range in SFL in 2015 and mid-range in Div 4 in 2016. Are you saying Div 4 is diabolical? From what I am told there is a good standard of football played at that level, unless of course your only football knowledge comes from watching AFL on TV and use that fully professional competition as your benchmark.

Sadly it wasn't a troll LGIL. You're either a terrible judge or vision impaired
Clearly you've not watched divvy 1 or divvy 2 of the ammos or the Hills divvy 1 or the Great Southern or the Barossa or other country leagues
I rate them divvy 1 of the ammos clearly then the Barossa. I then put Hills divvy 1, Great Southern and Divvy 2 of the ammos all the same level
Only the first 3 or 4 sides in the SFL would be competitive in any of those leagues. Stop looking through vision impaired glasses
The North Eastern FL, Yorke Peninsula FL and River Murray are all better comps and the Kowree - Naracoorte - Tatiara FL would destroy the SFL
Ditchy

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:29 am

Purple Warrior wrote:Anything under the top 3 or 4 teams in div 3 is very average and getting worse every year.

Obviously didn't see div 4 in 2016. As good as div 4 has ever been and some pretty handy teams that wouldn't go down to those top 3-4 teams in div 3 you refer to without a serious fight and at times would probably knock them off.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Purple Warrior » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:08 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

Obviously didn't see div 4 in 2016. As good as div 4 has ever been and some pretty handy teams that wouldn't go down to those top 3-4 teams in div 3 you refer to without a serious fight and at times would probably knock them off.

I saw div 4 (including your team) and it was terrible. No where near the standard it was 5 years ago. Similar to Div 5 & 6. a lot of "big names" interested in getting cheap kicks trying to make them selves look good.
Purple Warrior

Been liked: 14 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 am

Also to the point is that the top two teams in D3 last year were pretty bloody good! Had 5 Magarey Medals running around between them!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:35 am

The great teams are those who are willing to run the furthest. Midfield especially. Division level is irrelevant.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:14 am

Ditchy wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Ditchy wrote:

Clearly you've not watched divvy 1 or divvy 2 of the ammos or the Hills divvy 1 or the Great Southern or the Barossa or other country leagues
I rate them divvy 1 of the ammos clearly then the Barossa. I then put Hills divvy 1, Great Southern and Divvy 2 of the ammos all the same level
Only the first 3 or 4 sides in the SFL would be competitive in any of those leagues. Stop looking through vision impaired glasses
The North Eastern FL, Yorke Peninsula FL and River Murray are all better comps and the Kowree - Naracoorte - Tatiara FL would destroy the SFL

I've rarely seen such a binary thinker as you. The logical part of your brain works like a light switch. This is effectively your argument - competition isn't as strong as strongest in the state, ergo, competition is shit. On and Off.

There are great clubs and very strong teams in the SFL. There are clubs that are struggling. The standards are highly variant. This is why you can't really compare competition vs competition. You especially cant compare a competition that doesn't have a promotion/relegation system to one that does. If Hawthorn played in the SFL next year, you probably still think they're shit because the comp they play in has some bad teams.

The SFL has some of the best run clubs going around. The top end would win some games in D2. If you think that's a shit standard of football then you have NFI.
morell
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Presuming Brighton keep all of their players we will get a good guide this season with them in Div 3.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Ditchy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 pm

We will see how BDOS & Morphie Park go this year. Edwardstown were mid range in SFL in 2015 and mid-range in Div 4 in 2016. Are you saying Div 4 is diabolical? From what I am told there is a good standard of football played at that level, unless of course your only football knowledge comes from watching AFL on TV and use that fully professional competition as your benchmark.[/quote]

Only the first 3 or 4 sides in the SFL would be competitive in any of those leagues.
Stop looking through vision impaired glasses
The North Eastern FL, Yorke Peninsula FL and River Murray are all better comps and the Kowree - Naracoorte - Tatiara FL would destroy the SFL[/quote]
I've rarely seen such a binary thinker as you. The logical part of your brain works like a light switch. This is effectively your argument - competition isn't as strong as strongest in the state, ergo, competition is shit. On and Off.

There are great clubs and very strong teams in the SFL. There are clubs that are struggling. The standards are highly variant. This is why you can't really compare competition vs competition. You especially cant compare a competition that doesn't have a promotion/relegation system to one that does. If Hawthorn played in the SFL next year, you probably still think they're shit because the comp they play in has some bad teams.

The SFL has some of the best run clubs going around. The top end would win some games in D2. If you think that's a shit standard of football then you have NFI.[/quote]

Are you retarded or handicapped? Throwing barbs at me without having read what I said. Read what I said and educate yourself
Read the bold bits. I made it easy for you incase it was difficult
When you've finished reading take your foot out of your gob
Ditchy

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 pm

YOU CAN ALL STOP THROWING CHEAP SHOTS THANKS. NEXT ONE GETS A HOLIDAY
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:YOU CAN ALL STOP THROWING CHEAP SHOTS THANKS. NEXT ONE GETS A HOLIDAY

Watch out Dutchy, you're gonna get banned...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Footy Chick wrote:YOU CAN ALL STOP THROWING CHEAP SHOTS THANKS. NEXT ONE GETS A HOLIDAY

you have your caps lock on FC
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby morell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Ditchy wrote:Are you retarded or handicapped?
Wow. Mods this ought to be an instant ban. Pretty vile.

Its 2017 big man, time to update the way you think. Use this sort of rhetoric around the wrong people and you'll end up in Flinders sucking your food through a straw.

Ditchy wrote:Throwing barbs at me without having read what I said. Read what I said and educate yourself
Read the bold bits. I made it easy for you incase it was difficult
When you've finished reading take your foot out of your gob
Oh I read it, maybe thats your problem, you're used to talking utter claptrap and people taking it in.

Do you deny saying this:

Ditchy wrote:What we can safely say is that the standard of the SFL is diabolical after the first 3/4 clubs

I mean it's about 10 posts ago, so I can't imagine how you forgot.

Even the bottom couple of clubs would go OK in D6. They only look shit because of the massive discrepancy between the clubs. People think clubs like say - Woody South - are successful and going well, and they are, but they'd get belted by the top end SFL clubs by massive margins too.

The standard of the SFL is fine. The variance is the issue. You cannot lump all of those clubs into the same basket.

Perhaps stick to rumours and terrible publications. I think SA Footy might be a bit above your pay grade, and that's saying something.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League