Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:02 pm

True.

Without wanting to rehash old ground - its clear to me that hird knew that something slightly dodgy was going on and chose not to dig too deep. At the absolute least, he would have known they were pushing the boundaries right to the edge and chose to leave them to do it.

So I agree that Dank is clearly the one that deserves most of the blame, Hird and all of the other staff deserve to be slammed for their actions.

As has been said previously, its remarkable that people like evans, thompson, goodwin etc seem to have escaped unscathed, when i feel like they are equally as culpable as hird
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I agree that Hird should be afforded privacy

But I think its a bit rich for his dad to be claiming the AFL is the one without a moral compass after what his son put the players through

I believe there is a lot of information that we will never be privileged to know. A lot of us are only commenting on what we read on the internet without actually knowing what had been spoken.

Im sure most of you have read it by now, but this is really the only relevant information

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_u ... SENDON.pdf

A lot more to it than that though.
It's amazing to think that there were over 100 charges laid by WADA yet Hird was exonerated on all counts and never received a ban. ASADA themselves have placed the whole blame on Dank and said that all Hird was guilty of was putting too much trust in the club and support staff.
Evans and Corcoran hired Dank on the back of recommendations from Bomber and Dean Robinson, Hird actually had another candidate he wanted at the club but went along with the clubs choice. If the club had done their due diligence at the start Dank wouldn't have got through the front door

Why the f#@k has Dank still not been charged for even looked at over this shit?????
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:[quote="bennymacca"]I agree that Hird should be afforded privacy

But I think its a bit rich for his dad to be claiming the AFL is the one without a moral compass after what his son put the players through

I believe there is a lot of information that we will never be privileged to know. A lot of us are only commenting on what we read on the internet without actually knowing what had been spoken.

Im sure most of you have read it by now, but this is really the only relevant information

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_u ... SENDON.pdf

It's amazing to think that there were over 100 charges laid by WADA yet Hird was exonerated on all counts and never received a ban. ASADA themselves have placed the whole blame on Dank and said that all Hird was guilty of was putting too much trust in the club and support staff.
Evans and Corcoran hired Dank on the back of recommendations from Bomber and Dean Robinson, Hird actually had another candidate he wanted at the club but went along with the clubs choice. If the club had done their due diligence at the start Dank wouldn't have got through the front door

Why the f#@k has Dank still not been charged for even looked at over this shit?????[/quote]
He has been charged. Banned for life from all sports
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:08 pm

But I think its a bit rich for his dad to be claiming the AFL is the one without a moral compass after what his son put the players through[/quote]
I believe there is a lot of information that we will never be privileged to know. A lot of us are only commenting on what we read on the internet without actually knowing what had been spoken.[/quote]

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_u ... SENDON.pdf[/quote]
Evans and Corcoran hired Dank on the back of recommendations from Bomber and Dean Robinson, Hird actually had another candidate he wanted at the club but went along with the clubs choice. If the club had done their due diligence at the start Dank wouldn't have got through the front door[/quote]
Why the f#@k has Dank still not been charged for even looked at over this shit?????[/quote]
He has been charged. Banned for life from all sports[/quote]
But because he was hired by other parties. He'll never be the one that should take the most responsibility for what happened?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:True.

Without wanting to rehash old ground - its clear to me that hird knew that something slightly dodgy was going on and chose not to dig too deep. At the absolute least, he would have known they were pushing the boundaries right to the edge and chose to leave them to do it.

So I agree that Dank is clearly the one that deserves most of the blame, Hird and all of the other staff deserve to be slammed for their actions.

As has been said previously, its remarkable that people like evans, thompson, goodwin etc seem to have escaped unscathed, when i feel like they are equally as culpable as hird

Yep, Hird should of stepped in and made some enquiries but he showed too much faith in Dank that everything was all ok. He definitely should of been stood down by the club but to paint him as the lone villain in all this just isn't right
Jim05
Coach

Postby Gozu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Christ I can't get over the victimhood mentality of the Hird family, clearly now you can see where James gets it from. The guy deserves privacy after his OD but I've got no sympathy for him whatsoever just his poor kids and to a lesser degree his wife who at least has stuck by him. Hird is a self-centred prick to the end. He played a very big role in that drug scandal trying to cheat the system which is why thankfully his name deserves to be mud now but what about all the players lives he at least partially ruined?

Then he has the audacity to try and sue the AFL making everyone pay his costs getting some trip to France paid for him to attend some business course whilst still on full pay, a million dollars a year.

Finally decides it's all too hard I'm going to deprive my kids of a father and leave my loyal wife a widow to bring them up on her own.

Top bloke.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Gozu wrote:Christ I can't get over the victimhood mentality of the Hird family, clearly now you can see where James gets it from. The guy deserves privacy after his OD but I've got no sympathy for him whatsoever just his poor kids and to a lesser degree his wife who at least has stuck by him. Hird is a self-centred prick to the end. He played a very big role in that drug scandal trying to cheat the system which is why thankfully his name deserves to be mud now but what about all the players lives he at least partially ruined?

Then he has the audacity to try and sue the AFL making everyone pay his costs getting some trip to France paid for him to attend some business course whilst still on full pay, a million dollars a year.

Finally decides it's all too hard I'm going to deprive my kids of a father and leave my loyal wife a widow to bring them up on her own.

Top bloke.

Wow oh wow. :shock:
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Gozu wrote:Christ I can't get over the victimhood mentality of the Hird family, clearly now you can see where James gets it from. The guy deserves privacy after his OD but I've got no sympathy for him whatsoever just his poor kids and to a lesser degree his wife who at least has stuck by him. Hird is a self-centred prick to the end. He played a very big role in that drug scandal trying to cheat the system which is why thankfully his name deserves to be mud now but what about all the players lives he at least partially ruined?

Top bloke.

Wow oh wow. :shock:

He's pretty close to the mark IMO, if you could take off your red & black glasses, you might (instead of constantly deflecting & pointing at others) realise this too.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Top bloke.

Real harsh but its hard to argue that your too far off the mark.

Personally the best thing i think the Hird family can do is pack up and move away.

Yes its unfair on the kids and the wife etc etc but it has to be a better option than her being a widow and the children being fatherless.

Even if the media in this country leave him alone its hard to see the general public in everyday life affording Hird that luxury. Unfortunately what has earnt him is millions on millions (being entertaining to people) is also one of the reasons he wont be afforded the privacy (not saying i agree or disagree)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Essendon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Top bloke.

Agree. Brought it upon himself with his ego driven desire for immediate success
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 am

When is this bloke going to accept responsability for his actions.

I feel sorry for his kids having to go thru this and his wife to a lesser extent.

Grow Up Man Up and get a set and admit that you were wrong and the the road to healing will begin

Dank on the other hand is a lying piece of sh&t with no moral compass and needs to be stricken from the records of life the Scumbag!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:When is this bloke going to accept responsability for his actions.

I feel sorry for his kids having to go thru this and his wife to a lesser extent.

Grow Up Man Up and get a set and admit that you were wrong and the the road to healing will begin

Dank on the other hand is a lying piece of sh&t with no moral compass and needs to be stricken from the records of life the Scumbag!!!

He has apologised numerous times in both private and public.
His latest actions are weak though. Nothing worth killing yourself for
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:When is this bloke going to accept responsability for his actions.

That's always easy to say for those of us not experiencing the strain or guilt that Hird is. Most times if someone has tried to take their own life, they aren't seeing things as rationally unfortunately.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm

Ian wrote:
UK Fan wrote:If Hird is hating all the media and alike.

Move to France US Canada etc... . Outside of Australia nobody would know him.

A lot better option than leaving your kids fatherless IMHO!!!!

Very simplistic UK, no one should have to continue living with the constant media (and public) abuse that he has after "serving their time"

Do you really think taking James away from his family and friends will help, let alone uprooting his whole family from those they hold dearest is best for everyone?

whufc wrote:

Top bloke.

Real harsh but its hard to argue that your too far off the mark.

Personally the best thing i think the Hird family can do is pack up and move away.

Yes its unfair on the kids and the wife etc etc but it has to be a better option than her being a widow and the children being fatherless.

Even if the media in this country leave him alone its hard to see the general public in everyday life affording Hird that luxury. Unfortunately what has earnt him is millions on millions (being entertaining to people) is also one of the reasons he wont be afforded the privacy (not saying i agree or disagree)

Hird has worked in the nedia and has been a walking story for the last 20 years and will continue to be for the next 30-40.

Whether that is wrong or right is irrelevant at this stage.

All Im saying is unlike some others.

He has options.

Better option than kiling yourself.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Essendon rookie, Yestin Eades, has been involved in an alleged incident which is currently before the Courts.

The Club and Yestin have agreed the suitable course of action is for him to immediately stand down from the senior football program on an indefinite basis, to allow him the appropriate time to deal with this personal matter.

General Manager of Football, Rob Kerr, said the Club would review its position having regard to the legal process.

“The Club takes the allegations and charges against Yestin extremely seriously, it is a complex matter and we have worked closely with the AFL, AFLPA and Yestin’s management to reach this position,” Kerr said.

“The Club and Yestin have agreed he will stand down immediately from his senior football commitments to ensure Yestin undertakes the appropriate steps, including counselling, to address this matter.

“The Club and the AFLPA will continue to provide avenues of support to Yestin as he works through this process.

“Yestin has advised the Club he will contest the charges, and it would be inappropriate for the Club to comment further on the matter as it is currently before the Courts.”

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017- ... stin-eades
Jim05
Coach

Postby Ian » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:When is this bloke going to accept responsibility for his actions.

C'mon Jim, depression has hit plenty of blokes under a lot less stress than Hird, that is beyond harsh, even worse coming from a Bomber supporter
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Ian » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:11 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Better option than killing yourself.

I hope the "Black Dog" never gets to you UK, it has taken it's toll on plenty with far less scrutiny than Hird
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:51 pm

50,000 members now, on track for 65k by round 1 which would be great especially as most of our high end memberships are close to full and that's where the real money is made.
Club had an internal trial on Saturday that went well, still a couple of our better players on reduced training thanks to off-season operations and clean out but most should be ready to play Collingwood in our first pre season game which is less than a month away. Heppell, Parish, Tippa and Fantasia were the standouts from the internal trial
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Ian wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

I hope the "Black Dog" never gets to you UK, it has taken it's toll on plenty with far less scrutiny than Hird

Despite the mature, public conversations about suicide and depression people still make light of the situation. Makes you think if we've made any ground when people still call others "weak".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:37 am

Booney wrote:
Ian wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Despite the mature, public conversations about suicide and depression people still make light of the situation. Makes you think if we've made any ground when people still call others "weak".

I don't think weak is a great term to use but I definitely believe 'selfish' belongs in the conversation.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL