Player movement 2017

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Player movement 2017

Postby SimonH » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 pm

holden78 wrote:There's plenty who don't fire in GFs!
Godden & Powell do their end of season performance reviews with massive hang overs.......
No other way to explain the thinking that's taken place in the aftermath is there?
No Ruckman, CHF,Chb, and keeping Lewis who can't run unless you love Draught Horses. :evil:
I think they maybe scared to be good enough to qualify to playoff in another GF, as the lack of recruiting is criminal,
there isn't any logic to thinking the problems will solve themselves organically!
The Eagles' reserves were so far above the rest of the competition as to be on a different plane for almost all of 2016 (before falling in the GF, in keeping with club tradition). Would have given West's league team a touch-up on their day. Logically there would have to be at least 5 or 6 league-standard players waiting to be promoted from there.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Grenville wrote:The kid can play, good tough inside footballer. I say again, we'd have him.

was getting 10-12 possessions a game as an inside mid. Not great stats. Heard having a year off
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby arcadefire » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:45 pm

SimonH wrote:
Godden & Powell do their end of season performance reviews with massive hang overs.......
No other way to explain the thinking that's taken place in the aftermath is there?
No Ruckman, CHF,Chb, and keeping Lewis who can't run unless you love Draught Horses. :evil:
I think they maybe scared to be good enough to qualify to playoff in another GF, as the lack of recruiting is criminal,
there isn't any logic to thinking the problems will solve themselves organically!
The Eagles' reserves were so far above the rest of the competition as to be on a different plane for almost all of 2016 (before falling in the GF, in keeping with club tradition). Would have given West's league team a touch-up on their day. Logically there would have to be at least 5 or 6 league-standard players waiting to be promoted from there.

A lot of these blokes have left the club since end of the year...but really they were good b graders but never able to step up to the next level when given an opportunity...Raikewasa would have been really handy...but they let him go as well
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:13 pm

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

ADELAIDE

Mitch Grigg (Delisted) — Norwood (SANFL)

Matt Jaensch (Retired) — Strength and conditioning coach at Hahndorf (Hills League)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Once again can your confirm no CHB reports from the Coach at the members night they were trying out a CHB ?
your making a general statement for a club coaching staff you have issues with .
Can you confirm that there is no
A No new CHB
B No New Ruck men
You keep saying the Eagles are not recruiting these players and the Coach at members night is saying they are trying guys out.

CONFIRM what your pissing in the wind about or go to the nearest bridge and get over it
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:01 pm

arcadefire wrote:
SimonH wrote:

A lot of these blokes have left the club since end of the year...but really they were good b graders but never able to step up to the next level when given an opportunity...Raikewasa would have been really handy...but they let him go as well

i wondered about Raikewasa not in the GF side in 2016 maybe he spat the dummy that day
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby southernbulldog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:46 pm

MickyJ i can see you are a very passionate Eagles man if the Eagles happen to miss
the finals which i dont believe will happen or if they bomb out again where do you think
it will leave Mick Godden he is second only in experience to Roy Laird and has been fantastic
for your club.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Mickyj » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:47 pm

southernbulldog wrote:MickyJ i can see you are a very passionate Eagles man if the Eagles happen to miss
the finals which i dont believe will happen or if they bomb out again where do you think
it will leave Mick Godden he is second only in experience to Roy Laird and has been fantastic
for your club.

very good question SBdog
Honestly injuries killed 2015 GF I had to read that once I was released I lost memories of everything from 2015 including football Matches
However 2016 I recall every game I missed one match
I thought if the Eagles won 2016 Gods may have gone to the AFL
But I think he doesn't want to leave with unfinished business
What happened in 2016 GF Eagles were shown up
Did they hold onto players to old for one year imho yep
Should they have brought second players up imho yep
Are those seconds players league standard the ones who left imho not all of them
I can't drive to training to check the players out mentioned at the members night
The two rucks the big back man I have never seen I know the name and height of one that's all I know
The 13 other hopefuls trying out no clue

Personally I hoped they'd pick up a number 1 quality ruck
But bringing Redden back didn't work
The NEafl one didn't work out
Was hoping but who knows
Was also hoping for a fast midfielder that's gone as well

What happens happens now
My info from fans younger players will be doing more this year
Hope that answers the question
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 am

arcadefire wrote:A lot of these blokes have left the club since end of the year...but really they were good b graders but never able to step up to the next level when given an opportunity...Raikewasa would have been really handy...but they let him go as well

They didn't let him go, I'm pretty sure he left on his own accord as he and his brother are looking to travel overseas for a bit.

Mickyj wrote:I wondered about Raikewasa not in the GF side in 2016 maybe he spat the dummy that day

Aseri certainly didn't spit the dummy on Grand Final day and he was certainly there supporting both the Reserves and the League side.

He injured his lower leg in the Reserves Preliminary Final the week before at The Parade and was unable to take part in either Grand Final.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 am

Big Phil wrote:
arcadefire wrote:A lot of these blokes have left the club since end of the year...but really they were good b graders but never able to step up to the next level when given an opportunity...Raikewasa would have been really handy...but they let him go as well

They didn't let him go, I'm pretty sure he left on his own accord as he and his brother are looking to travel to the Barossa each week for a bit of coin

EFA
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Grenville » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Grenville wrote:The kid can play, good tough inside footballer. I say again, we'd have him.

was getting 10-12 possessions a game as an inside mid. Not great stats. Heard having a year off

Didn't see much of him this year but that's surprising, he's a better player than that.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Mickyj » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Big Phil wrote:

They didn't let him go, I'm pretty sure he left on his own accord as he and his brother are looking to travel overseas for a bit.

Mickyj wrote:I wondered about Raikewasa not in the GF side in 2016 maybe he spat the dummy that day

Aseri certainly didn't spit the dummy on Grand Final day and he was certainly there supporting both the Reserves and the League side.

He injured his lower leg in the Reserves Preliminary Final the week before at The Parade and was unable to take part in either Grand Final.

Well i guess sitting at the oval there was no announcement for either GF who was in and out .
I shouldn't have posted that but seeing one seconds player that left or spat the dummy part way through 2016 was picked up by another SANFL side for 2017 i was putting 2 and 2 together coming up with 5.
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby David Brent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:59 am

Who has Liam McBean signed for? Have noticed he has moved to SA. Delisted by us last year.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby JK » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:58 am

David Brent wrote:Who has Liam McBean signed for? Have noticed he has moved to SA. Delisted by us last year.

Bays mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:00 am

face the facts Eagles supporters, you guys just crumble under pressure when it comes to Grand Finals.

The most important game of the year and Sturt were able to beat you.

Who cares if you beat us 3 times during the year, we won the important game and now the chimney looks good on Port Road.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby holden78 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:56 am

So Eagles are advertising for senior coaches, in January, yeah good luck with that!
That's a nice tie in with no genuine recruiting......
Not much chance that Godden won't be surrounded by a team of Yes men at this late stage!
Just when he needs to be challenged, after two failed GFs, he's going to be surrounded by newbies
Just happy to get to be there......
Someone better exceed expectations on this project cos ex players and young graduates won't go
down well at this point. :?
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Slots It Through wrote:
Keefy wrote:Four more players are extending their stays at South with Crabb, Gotch, Fields and Daniel all re-signing with the club

I have heard Joel Cross is heading back to Melbourne.

Crossy at South training tonight.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby locky801 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Slots It Through wrote:
Keefy wrote:Four more players are extending their stays at South with Crabb, Gotch, Fields and Daniel all re-signing with the club

I have heard Joel Cross is heading back to Melbourne.

Crossy at South training tonight.

Think he has to do what Alice tells him ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Bluedemon wrote:face the facts Eagles supporters, you guys just crumble under pressure when it comes to Grand Finals.

Who cares if you beat us 3 times during the year, we won the important game and now the chimney looks good on Port Road.

Bluedemon I'm not really sure where you are coming at mate. Perhaps read the posted comments?

Not sure that anyone on here has questioned that Sturt were the better team on the day, that they thoroughly deserved to win and that beating Sturt 3 times during the year means stuff all.

I think its pretty clear that most eagles fans accept that our history has showed that we crumble under pressure in a GF. Who is disputing that?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:face the facts Eagles supporters, you guys just crumble under pressure when it comes to Grand Finals.

Bluedemon I'm not really sure where you are coming at mate. Perhaps read the posted comments?

Not sure that anyone on here has questioned that Sturt were the better team on the day, that they thoroughly deserved to win and that beating Sturt 3 times during the year means stuff all.

I think its pretty clear that most eagles fans accept that our history has showed that we crumble under pressure in a GF. Who is disputing that?

It was an irrelevant, shit post - don't lose sleep over it.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL