No votes
SHOC
4%
Unley Mercedes Jets
7%

Total votes : 55

Re: Ch9AFL Division 2 - 2017

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:43 pm

absolutebath wrote:I hear some very upset grumbling a coming from The Klemzig area.
Something about getting a certain vertically gifted footballer employment only to have him sign out at a club in a town near the border. Stuff the cryptic crap....Phillips signed at Bordertown

#Bathyknowsstuff

Really enjoying your input Bathy, keep it up. Phillips won a Div 6 medal but frankly he's a young fella who played his first or 2nd year of footy having come from a basketball background. He will get eaten alive at any level higher than Div 6. Most guys in that Divvy didn't even know he was when he won the medal. Just sayin'
;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Yank Man wrote:
absolutebath wrote:I hear some very upset grumbling a coming from The Klemzig area.
Something about getting a certain vertically gifted footballer employment only to have him sign out at a club in a town near the border. Stuff the cryptic crap....Phillips signed at Bordertown

#Bathyknowsstuff

Really enjoying your input Bathy, keep it up. Phillips won a Div 6 medal but frankly he's a young fella who played his first or 2nd year of footy having come from a basketball background. He will get eaten alive at any level higher than Div 6. Most guys in that Divvy didn't even know he was when he won the medal. Just sayin'
;)

Yeah fair enough. I did see him play last year and he could tap but didn't jump up out at me like say Sumner for instance. Don't actually know him personally so hard to say how he will go in Bordertown on the big bucks. Over the years though there definitely have been examples of big guys being able to make the leap (pardon the pun) to the higher divisions or leagues.
Soar from West Croydon in Div 6 to Kilburn div 1
Greasy Pearce from Div 3 Kilburn to Sturt
Aston from Div 8 to Div 1 at Payneham
All 3 of these guys had bigger broader bodies though admittedly
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Dave Aston?

Aston played A grade 10 years ago, went to sandbag in the D grade and is now somehow playing A grade again.

No big move there.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby bird of prey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

#Bathyknowsstuff

The unfortunate thing is that you can't blame someone for taking up an offer of the big country dollars. The other unfortunate thing is that when footballers give you their word these days, it quite often doesn't mean a thing.
We moved on pretty quick though.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Dave Aston?

Aston played A grade 10 years ago, went to sandbag in the D grade and is now somehow playing A grade again.

No big move there.

You have no idea of Davids personal and life circumstances and you labelling him a sandbagger is not only uninformed it is a hurtful and ignominious statement. David was no longer playing footy and faced challenges that you won't ever know. It was through the good graces of mates and family he returned but in no way could have played at the highest level.
I,ll try and make a habit of being absolutely sure of things if I'm going to besmirch someone's character. Moderator or not I suggest you do the same.
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm onto you.

Besmirch my arse,sandbag is generally used as a term for a very capable footballer playing below his standard for whatever reason.

Stop your carry on. Before you accuse me or besmirching peoples characters, take a look in your own backyard.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Whatever reason is a tad naive.

Pretending it's not used in a pejorative sense is outright dishonest.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I'm onto you.

Besmirch my arse,sandbag is generally used as a term for a very capable footballer playing below his standard for whatever reason.

Stop your carry on. Before you accuse me or besmirching peoples characters, take a look in your own backyard.

No one wants to besmirch your arse as you so eloquently put it. You used a derogatory term on an individual whose circumstances you know nothing about. I won't embarrass you by pointing out how inappropriate your statement is but I know for a fact that members of his family read these forums so I will leave it at that.
I'm not perfect but I can admit when I'm wrong and when I have made a major faux pas
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 pm

jo172 wrote:Whatever reason is a tad naive.

Fine, I'll remember that next time any person accuses any other person or team of sandbagging.

Because that never happens on here :roll:

PS: i forgot that we can't call any D grader of being a sandbagger, cos it's the club policy.

Please accept my humblest apologies.

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 pm

absolutebath wrote:

No one wants to besmirch your arse as you so eloquently put it. You used a derogatory term on an individual whose circumstances you know nothing about. I won't embarrass you by pointing out how inappropriate your statement is but I know for a fact that members of his family read these forums so I will leave it at that.
I'm not perfect but I can admit when I'm wrong and when I have made a major faux pas

If you really think sandbagger is a derogatory term, you are far too precious.

You've just been waiting for waiting for any opportunity to take a crack and now you've had it, I hope you feel better.

Now lets play on and discuss D2 please.

Footy Chick

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
absolutebath wrote:

If you really think sandbagger is a derogatory term, you are far too precious.

You've just been waiting for waiting for any opportunity to take a crack and now you've had it, I hope you feel better.

Now lets play on and discuss D2 please.

Oh dear. You simply don't get it. I'll dumb it down for you.
Sandbagger - not really offensive to throw at a team
Sandbagger - not offensive to throw at an individual who goes from 200 A grade games to Div 8Res
Naming an individual who you have little to no knowledge of who has played dozens of games in all grades over a 14 year career at one club. A bloke who faced issues that prevented him from playing, was long term injured, had family tragedy and was no longer playing footy. When you don't know someone's situation and label them a sandbagger yes it offensive.
Call the world sandbaggers, call the club sandbaggers but don't have a crack at an individual who doesn't need to hear that crap.

Ok I have made my point, I'm happy to move on.
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Fine, I'll remember that next time any person accuses any other person or team of sandbagging.

PS: i forgot that we can't call any D grader of being a sandbagger, cos it's the club policy.

Some people who play lower than their ability are sandbaggers in the pejorative sense.

Occasionally there are reasons which have more to do than that sense.

Painting those with the brush is unfair.

If you're not aware of the reasons (which I'm not) it's not an unusual conclusion to reach. I simply point out that not everyone playing below their level is necessarily of nefarious intent
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Some people who play lower than their ability are sandbaggers in the pejorative sense.

Occasionally there are reasons which have more to do than that sense.

Painting those with the brush is unfair.

If you're not aware of the reasons (which I'm not) it's not an unusual conclusion to reach. I simply point out that not everyone playing below their level is necessarily of nefarious intent

Geez you use big words mate. I had Google 3 times. I was pumped about working the phrase faux pas into a post.
Yes I agree with you 100%.

- Absolutebathout (No hashtags allowed in communist China or on SAF but whatever)
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 pm

bird of prey wrote:

#Bathyknowsstuff

The unfortunate thing is that you can't blame someone for taking up an offer of the big country dollars. The other unfortunate thing is that when footballers give you their word these days, it quite often doesn't mean a thing.

Sorry missed this one in all the action. Thanks for replying. I only saw him play once and he looked good and obviously was big but bloke in Div 6 forum didn't seem to think he was as good as some might have him rated. I'm certain Bordertown had exactly 800 more reasons for him to head that way so probably a fair call I guess
I guess if you had to summarise his actions you'd suggest he did a Cupido.
I heard Hientze took over the Captaincy from Radagetti but haven't heard of any big ins yet, care to share Bop???
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby bird of prey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 am

absolutebath wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

#Bathyknowsstuff

Sorry missed this one in all the action. Thanks for replying. I only saw him play once and he looked good and obviously was big but bloke in Div 6 forum didn't seem to think he was as good as some might have him rated. I'm certain Bordertown had exactly 800 more reasons for him to head that way so probably a fair call I guess
I guess if you had to summarise his actions you'd suggest he did a Cupido.
I heard Hientze took over the Captaincy from Radagetti but haven't heard of any big ins yet, care to share Bop???

We had a couple of guys about 3-4 years ago that did the exact same thing. Committed to us (even signed) in November, then chased some cash in the Adelaide plains league come January. Kind of screwed our recruiting plans up considering the points system.

No big name ins for us. Just a couple returning, and a couple here and there coming in. No real losses to speak of. So hopefully we're more consistent than last year at least.
Yeah Heintze now captain. He was actually co-catpain last year. Will be really good for him and his game too.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby stealthbomber » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Wondering where people see Old Iggies this year...they seemed to be well positioned until incurring a sanction in 2016...and Scotch?
stealthbomber

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Boosh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:58 am

North Haven have booked Thebby 11th of March 10:00 am - 12:30 pm if any Div2, 3 or 4 clubs are interested in an additional trial send me a PM.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footylover100 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:26 pm

So who is the best shot of beating the mighty sharks?
Footylover100
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby getting too old » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:37 pm

PHOS Camden
getting too old
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby ramming23 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:55 pm

stealthbomber wrote:Wondering where people see Old Iggies this year...they seemed to be well positioned until incurring a sanction in 2016...and Scotch?

I'm hearing Old Iggies may be landing a big FISH
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League