6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Postby X Runna » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 pm

morell wrote:As I said, I could quite easily see the Mountain Men making the 5 and then who knows.

You are dreaming, always have been and always will be very average be in this division
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby morell » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:19 am

X Runna wrote:
morell wrote:As I said, I could quite easily see the Mountain Men making the 5 and then who knows.

You are dreaming, always have been and always will be very average be in this division
Except for the time they missed the finals by %. Last year.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:22 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Not sure how Ingle Farm and Salisbury West are 3 dollar favourites both will be lucky to be fighting for 5th spot

Interesting call, given Ingle Farm won 13/18 last year and lost 5.

Salisbury West will be a tough side - Wellington, Curyer, McIntyre, Davies, Biggs, Koler (if he plays) and is it Schweinsberg i think - would be the biggest ruckman in the div..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 am

morell wrote:
X Runna wrote:

And avoided relegation by a similar margin..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:
X Runna wrote:

And avoided relegation by a similar margin..

I believe there is merit in both sides of this argument regarding the Mountain men.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 am

carey wrote:I believe there is merit in both sides of this argument regarding the Mountain men.

F**king fence sitter.. too much love coming from you these days! ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby absolutebath » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 am

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:I believe there is merit in both sides of this argument regarding the Mountain men.

Get him on the red tins with bathy and lets watch this forum go bang. Grinades in every direction
Bathybeerbang
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby morell » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 am

Yep, tough year, but to say they will always be average is a poor call. At their best they were a much better side than Trinity last year IMO - who got into the second week of finals.

Houghton have got it right lately. They're a boutique club that plays in the Country but is still close to the city. They're tight knit and have solid community support. All of that would be really attractive to a lot of people. They're almost the hipster club of choice in the North East IMO.

If they can tap into that I can see them being fiercely competitive not only in D6 but higher than that as well.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 am

Zartan wrote:

Not fence sitting, Houghton have always been very tough to beat at home but you get a good win against them when you host them. I've always seen them as 'The best of the rest' if you get what I mean. Houghtons top end talent has always been up there with the best in the Div. but they seem to have a bottom 8-10 that aren't up to it when other sides only have the 4-5 for the Div.

Just my opinion tho (which is always right by the way)
carey
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:54 am

We had the worst run with injury last year in my time at the club and our depth is terrible.

But, looks like we'll improve dramatically on the depth this year. Just working on securing a couple more top end players, fingers crossed.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby carey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 am

Q. wrote:We had the worst run with injury last year in my time at the club and our depth is terrible.

But, looks like we'll improve dramatically on the depth this year. Just working on securing a couple more top end players, fingers crossed.

Good luck Q
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:04 am

Q. wrote:We had the worst run with injury last year in my time at the club and our depth is terrible.

I want to like your post.. but on the flip side, the selfish part of me also doesn't want you to improve dramatically :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:06 am

Zartan wrote:

I want to like your post.. but on the flip side, the selfish part of me also doesn't want you to improve dramatically :lol:

hahaha

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Hendo might even scrape his lads into the top five this year ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby absolutebath » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:13 am

Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:

hahaha

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Hendo might even scrape his lads into the top five this year ;)

How's Klaebes been travelling early days? He is constantly filling my FaceBath news feed with Houghton paraphernalia and certainly seems like one of those super keen coaches. like most coaches he is sure to end up either bald, grey or at least receding.
I realise you cant exactly pot him. well you could but it might not be the best career move.
Have you noticed many differences in his coaching style and training?
Has he got that glazed over half nuts look yet and let rip and given a massive spray aka BrentoBallisticBalltear yet?
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 am

Q. wrote:I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Hendo might even scrape his lads into the top five this year ;)

Huge call! Not beyond the realms of possibility though... reckon it'll be a tighter div this year with West Croydon potentially coming back with the back, Fitzroy to improve and Pulteney coming down from D5.

7x wins may be enough for a finals spot.. :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 am

absolutebath wrote:How's Klaebes been travelling early days? He is constantly filling my FaceBath news feed with Houghton paraphernalia and certainly seems like one of those super keen coaches. like most coaches he is sure to end up either bald, grey or at least receding.
I realise you cant exactly pot him. well you could but it might not be the best career move.
Has he got that glazed over half nuts look yet and let rip and given a massive spray aka BrentoBallisticBalltear yet?

Klaebes is a beauty. Incredibly passionate and driven, and will expect the same from the lads. Has quite a profile in the NE and was instrumental in pulling in a few clearances in the November transfer window.

Can't really comment in his coaching/training style as I didn't get to many sessions prior to Xmas, but we had good numbers and the boys enjoyed themselves, so that speaks for itself I guess.

Really looking forward to seeing and hearing his first spray :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby absolutebath » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:27 am

Q. wrote:
absolutebath wrote:How's Klaebes been travelling early days? He is constantly filling my FaceBath news feed with Houghton paraphernalia and certainly seems like one of those super keen coaches. like most coaches he is sure to end up either bald, grey or at least receding.

Klaebes is a beauty. Incredibly passionate and driven, and will expect the same from the lads. Has quite a profile in the NE and was instrumental in pulling in a few clearances in the November transfer window.

Can't really comment in his coaching/training style as I didn't get to many sessions prior to Xmas, but we had good numbers and the boys enjoyed themselves, so that speaks for itself I guess.

I heard he beat up a bloke at PNU last year because of the way he was talking to Macca. (I wasn't there but someone who was there and pissed told me so it must be true) May I recommend when he starts to froth and turn red that you advise the boys not to back chat him.
Just my opinion but I think his heart on the sleeve old school will be great for your club and ideal for a Div 6 club where you need to keep each other honest. Don't think it would work at these touchy feely precious college teams but im confident he will galvanise the group.
Good luck for the season muscles
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:35 am

absolutebath wrote:
Q. wrote:

I heard he beat up a bloke at PNU last year because of the way he was talking to Macca. (I wasn't there but someone who was there and pissed told me so it must be true) May I recommend when he starts to froth and turn red that you advise the boys not to back chat him.
Just my opinion but I think his heart on the sleeve old school will be great for your club and ideal for a Div 6 club where you need to keep each other honest. Don't think it would work at these touchy feely precious college teams but im confident he will galvanise the group.
Good luck for the season muscles

It will be a brave and stupid lad who back chats him first :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:40 am

Zartan wrote:7x wins may be enough for a finals spot.. :shock:

morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:53 am

houghton are in essence are country club and its a road trip to get out there but yet they have to compete with city clubs and city club minimal salary caps.

would anyone whinge if houghton were permitted marquee player salaries as a handicap lol :D

im sure theyd pay $800 a game to some mitchell park bgraders too if given a chance

if joined the hills league theyd immediately get the bigger salary cap yea
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League