6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Postby morell » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:55 am

Having the cap doesn't mean you have the means to spend the cap you galah. Houghton would be spending nowhere near it.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 pm

marbles wrote:houghton are in essence are country club and its a road trip to get out there but yet they have to compete with city clubs and city club minimal salary caps.

:shock:

Maybe from Henley! It's only like a 15min from my house - hardly a road trip..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Not sure how Ingle Farm and Salisbury West are 3 dollar favourites both will be lucky to be fighting for 5th spot

Interesting call, given Ingle Farm won 13/18 last year and lost 5.

Salisbury West will be a tough side - Wellington, Curyer, McIntyre, Davies, Biggs, Koler (if he plays) and is it Schweinsberg i think - would be the biggest ruckman in the div..

Had heard Wellington had left???
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:14 pm

After hearing of the exit of Sumner (best player in the comp last year), Phillips and Matty Mac I will change my tip and slip in ingle Farm for West Croydon. Good to hear that these two blokes are looking to ply their trade at a higher level but certainly won't help WC.
Do Ingle Farm still have the same coach as last year? That guy that did the TV show - Manuel? I heard he has a bad heart attack? If Bedgegood is the new coach I'll change my tip to someone else. I hope that was only phantom gossip[/quote]

Yes, IF have the same coach, survived the health scare and is very much looking forward to the season :D
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby marbles » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Well we all know that theyre never gonna truly progress deep into div 6 finals or to div 5 until they get some real cattle. Just look at smithfield

If they do get to finals it would be fluked based on poor seasons of other clubs as mention by percentage earlier

Q also mentions earlier theyve got a great squad as usual but just need some big guns

The drive might be easy for locals but the big guns theyre seeking are unlikely locals and who wouldnt happily leave their current city club and endure the journey 2 to 3 times a week to this "rural isolated country" club for less than $400 when your likely near getting that at your current city club anyway and dont have to put up with driving through the bullshit mountains 3 times a week in winter

If an admin of that club would propose training be always city based and save new recruits the pain of going there 3 times a week u may attract higher calible cattle

Its hard enough going there once a year lol
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 pm

marbles wrote:houghton are in essence are country club and its a road trip to get out there but yet they have to compete with city clubs and city club minimal salary caps.

7 mins from TTGFC, 9 mins from HVFC

hardly a road trip

marbles wrote:if joined the hills league theyd immediately get the bigger salary cap yea

Cap don't mean shit if you got no money to spend ;)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:28 pm

marbles wrote:The drive might be easy for locals but the big guns theyre seeking are unlikely locals and who wouldnt happily leave their current city club and endure the journey 2 to 3 times a week to this "rural isolated country" club for less than $400 when your likely near getting that at your current city club anyway and dont have to put up with driving through the bullshit mountains 3 times a week in winter

as a rule, we tend to focus on recruiting players living in the NE

and use the moneyball approach, adding top end talent to the squad doesn't mean we go after big names already on contracts and fielding mutliple offers every year
Q.
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:09 pm

marbles wrote:The drive might be easy for locals but the big guns theyre seeking are unlikely locals and who wouldnt happily leave their current city club and endure the journey 2 to 3 times a week to this "rural isolated country" club for less than $400 when your likely near getting that at your current city club anyway and dont have to put up with driving through the bullshit mountains 3 times a week in winter

:shock: marbles.. go home son, you're drunk!

Tea Tree Gully, Modbury, Golden Grove, Athelstone, Kersbook - all a short distance..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Zartan wrote:

:shock: marbles.. go home son, you're drunk!

Tea Tree Gully, Modbury, Golden Grove, Athelstone, Kersbook - all a short distance..

theres no gun players at those clubs though :D :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby absolutebath » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:After hearing of the exit of Sumner (best player in the comp last year), Phillips and Matty Mac I will change my tip and slip in ingle Farm for West Croydon. Good to hear that these two blokes are looking to ply their trade at a higher level but certainly won't help WC.
Do Ingle Farm still have the same coach as last year? That guy that did the TV show - Manuel? I heard he has a bad heart attack? If Bedgegood is the new coach I'll change my tip to someone else. I hope that was only phantom gossip

Yes, IF have the same coach, survived the health scare and is very much looking forward to the season :D[/quote]

Thanks Inallseriousness. Its funny because I watched him on the Internet TV show and he is a funny bloke and I seen him coach and he actually coaches in a calm, measured and professional manner. Hardly the kind of bloke to stress the heart out enough to have a heart attack. I guess it could happen to anyone. probably working with Bedgey pushed him over the edge, who knows.
well I reckon he has the group to go a long way and he has the passion should drive them deep in September. How he landed Grae Grant is the absolute steal of the off season. Wish him good luck from me, give him some Bathybestwishes
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 pm

absolutebath wrote:I seen him coach and he actually coaches in a calm, measured and professional manner.

Obviously didn't watch him coach much last year - particularly 2nd halves :lol: :P

absolutebath wrote:probably working with Bedgey pushed him over the edge, who knows

Correct. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Q. wrote:We had the worst run with injury last year in my time at the club and our depth is terrible.

But, looks like we'll improve dramatically on the depth this year. Just working on securing a couple more top end players, fingers crossed.

Where's Vanders this season ?
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby marbles » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Q. wrote:We had the worst run with injury last year in my time at the club and our depth is terrible.

But, looks like we'll improve dramatically on the depth this year. Just working on securing a couple more top end players, fingers crossed.

ROCS c1s had a terrific player i witnessed was bombing goals from 50 metres if guessing his name was Tyler Gava. recruit him. thank me later

rocs c1 also have a puopulo lookalike that plays like him too, good goal kicker. recruit him. thank me later

Adelaide Uni c1 full forward not too bad, bit of a grommet & a slacker but can go alright Anthony Butler. recruit him too, thank me later
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:

Gone back to Pooraka with an offer even better than yours ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Q. wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

That will make dad happy.
By the way I offered him zilch.
Just interested in the lad.
He's a good boy.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Q. wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

That will make dad happy.
By the way I offered him zilch .
Just interested in the lad.
He's a good boy.

Well not you personally obviously
Q.
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Vanders was one of the best I've seen in this Div. Great hands, great footy brain and knew were the goals where, but more importantly had really good discipline. Rate him.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby BZB27 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Yank Man wrote:Vanders was one of the best I've seen in this Div. Great hands, great footy brain and knew were the goals where, but more importantly had really good discipline. Rate him.

Dont pump him up too much he does read these forums haha
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:59 pm

[quote="Yank Man"]Vanders was one of the best I've seen in this Div. Great hands, great footy brain and knew were the goals where, but more importantly had really good discipline. Rate him.[/quote

Many better than him beforehand in Div 6, but I see where your coming from.
Rest I agree with.
He was a pretty easy target last season, got knocked around a lot from what I saw only because he knows how to hunt the footy and wants it. Lacked a bit of mid field help, no disrespect to the others.
He may very well get some GF glory this season at PFC.
Odds on for mine are Pooraka.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Koenig x 2 to the Roy's.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times