23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Glenunga must have a good money tree to pay these players.

Interesting choice to go from playing Reserves football in 2016 to Div 5 in 2017

McMahon loves the punt
Read loves the ladies
Cheesedale loves his hair

All it took was a TAB account, a brothel and a hairdresser to come to the party and they signed like a poet on meth

#easyupbathy
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Interesting choice to go from playing Reserves football in 2016 to Div 5 in 2017

It's hard to comprehend when there is no known link i.e. Junior club, family association with club or mates are out there. Heard Henley Sharks are referring potential recruits who they meet with but don't fit into their salary cap or points structure to the rams.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Glenunga get 3 reserve players doubt they will see out the season once they realise the quality from team mates is below par and they have to kick and chase there own football they be out the door quick smart
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Glenunga get 3 reserve players doubt they will see out the season once they realise the quality from team mates is below par and they have to kick and chase there own football they be out the door quick smart
Play one at fullback, one in the middle and one at full forward.

Bobs your uncle.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:

It's hard to comprehend when there is no known link i.e. Junior club, family association with club or mates are out there. Heard Henley Sharks are referring potential recruits who they meet with but don't fit into their salary cap or points structure to the rams.

There is a link with two of them. One lives next to the oval and one works near the oval and Cheesedale is basically in love with Read and would have followed him anywhere.

#bathyfacts
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby absolutebath » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 pm

turk186 wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:
turk186 wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:Things not looking to good out Greenacres way.be lucky to fill two sides and won't win many games if they survive at all apparently. Hope it's not true.

Good info you have there TT we were trying to keep it quiet.............pfft :? :? :?

Well perhaps tell your supporters/members to stop spreading bullshit then. :shock:

TT your under no obligation to fertilize and spread.... perhaps speak to the horses head rather than pick up what the horse leaves behind.....just say'n :roll:

Correct me if I'm wrong Turko but the ole Tired Tiger might have been on the money. I was told by a pretty average source that Greenies are struggling to get numbers on the track with less than 10 at this weeks sessions.
Since I started posting again I have been getting sent plenty of nuggets and this was one of them. I might have to head down to Yatala and visit a couple of mates next week and see with me own eyes.
BathyInquest
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:36 am

Wow just get back from leave and the forum has been pretty active of late. Getting back to footy. Im really looking forward to actually playing footy this year, maybe even 18 rounds and then some more ;) Come on, if you cant laugh at yourself or look at things in light then when can ya!
Recruiting seems to be up and about more so than this time last year. From an administrative point of view, i liked the new transfer window in November. Gives you a solid start and to be able to ascertain where you are at earlier stage rather than the surprise notifications early in the new year. What are the thoughts from everyone else about it?
A lot of player movements even from higher grades to Div 5. Good to see that some (yes albeit for financial gain but what can you do) still believe that this division is worth playing in. Our numbers have been really good on the pre-season track with our new guys fitting in very well. How's everyone else tracking? Hopefully this year we all have a cracking season and by the looks of things the new clubs in the grade will be hard to beat. All the best to everyone in Div 5 this year and i look forward to meeting those that come to visit us on a Saturday at the kennel. My shout for the first one. And no that's not for every b@stard that reads this post. Ill need to get a second and third job if that was the case.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby absolutebath » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:32 am

SATCHEL wrote:Wow just get back from leave and the forum has been pretty active of late. Getting back to footy. Im really looking forward to actually playing footy this year, maybe even 18 rounds and then some more ;) Come on, if you cant laugh at yourself or look at things in light then when can ya!
Recruiting seems to be up and about more so than this time last year. From an administrative point of view, i liked the new transfer window in November. Gives you a solid start and to be able to ascertain where you are at earlier stage rather than the surprise notifications early in the new year. What are the thoughts from everyone else about it?
A lot of player movements even from higher grades to Div 5. Good to see that some (yes albeit for financial gain but what can you do) still believe that this division is worth playing in. Our numbers have been really good on the pre-season track with our new guys fitting in very well. How's everyone else tracking? Hopefully this year we all have a cracking season and by the looks of things the new clubs in the grade will be hard to beat. All the best to everyone in Div 5 this year and i look forward to meeting those that come to visit us on a Saturday at the kennel. My shout for the first one. And no that's not for every b@stard that reads this post. Ill need to get a second and third job if that was the case.

So here's the deal Satchmiester. About a week ago I decided to make the forums great again and fill them with BathyFacts, BathyBanter, Bathybait & a hint of BathyBS. Glad youre back. With the troubles you lads had last year I tried to keep the Rosewater Rumblings Low (see what I did there)
Actually haven't heard to much from out your way but have been asked by several blokes what's happening out Rosewater way. I have assured the masses that your boys will be back all guns blazing with 3 teams in 2017.
I don't know of any ins and the only major loss I can see is Hughey 2 dads off to the Mallee. Not ideal but certainly replaceable.
Who are the recruits?
Is Ricky Steamboat still steering the ship?
Is that tony Greig bloke still football manager?
Is Rumbles going alright (FWIW made a huge mistake but I hope he has been able to move forward in his life)
Will "The Diff" be named Captain, start his own website and crack 1 million followers on Twitter
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 am

SATCHEL wrote:Wow just get back from leave and the forum has been pretty active of late. Getting back to footy. Im really looking forward to actually playing footy My shout for the first one. And no that's not for every b@stard that reads this post. Ill need to get a second and third job if that was the case.

We play you at our place round 2 but it'll still be your shout :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:21 am

absolutebath wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:Wow just get back from leave and the forum has been pretty active of late. Getting back to footy. Im really looking forward to actually playing footy this year, maybe even 18 rounds and then some more ;) Come on, if you cant laugh at yourself or look at things in light then when can ya!

So here's the deal Satchmiester. About a week ago I decided to make the forums great again and fill them with BathyFacts, BathyBanter, Bathybait & a hint of BathyBS. Glad youre back. With the troubles you lads had last year I tried to keep the Rosewater Rumblings Low (see what I did there)
Actually haven't heard to much from out your way but have been asked by several blokes what's happening out Rosewater way. I have assured the masses that your boys will be back all guns blazing with 3 teams in 2017.
I don't know of any ins and the only major loss I can see is Hughey 2 dads off to the Mallee. Not ideal but certainly replaceable.
Who are the recruits?
Is Ricky Steamboat still steering the ship?
Is that tony Greig bloke still football manager?
Is Rumbles going alright (FWIW made a huge mistake but I hope he has been able to move forward in his life)
Will "The Diff" be named Captain, start his own website and crack 1 million followers on Twitter

I think Matty Lyons and Alex Birch back to West Croydon from Rosies.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 pm

absolutebath wrote:

Actually haven't heard to much from out your way but have been asked by several blokes what's happening out Rosewater way. I have assured the masses that your boys will be back all guns blazing with 3 teams in 2017. Yep all 3 teams in and the 18's have been training since the end of October last year. A little too keen for me.
Who are the recruits? Got a couple new guys in and have been really fortunate in adding some depth with guys moving to the area and called us out of the blue. Some good young lads actually.
Is Ricky Steamboat still steering the ship? Absolutely, Rick is still doing his thing and we are both more determined this year than we were last.
Is that tony Greig bloke still football manager? Don't know any Tony ;) footy manager awaiting final appointment.
Is Rumbles going alright (FWIW made a huge mistake but I hope he has been able to move forward in his life) - Not going there.
Needs to start training first but he has kept in good shape during the off at the gym so im sure he will have a better year than last year. Just ask him
In regards to losses, not real hurt there at all. All current playing group have committed and signed so that's been great for us.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby absolutebath » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Satchenhiemen
I seen your under 16s play last year and there was some talent amongst that lot. Also the time invested in your 18s will reap you rewards ultimately
Best of luck for the year, you deserve it after the challenges you have faced and for goodness sake stay calm. I heard you passed out one day when you were coaching. Apparently veins started appearing in your forehead and then you dropped like a Bathbomb
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:07 am

My brother and I had a froffie at Grand North last night and you might be on the money this time Bathy me ole mate. The women's team was training with the A grade squad and they certainly outnumbered the blokes.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby absolutebath » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:11 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:My brother and I had a froffie at Grand North last night and you might be on the money this time Bathy me ole mate. The women's team was training with the A grade squad and they certainly outnumbered the blokes.

Yeah I got some lads who live on the other side of the fence at Greenies who keep an eye out for me and I would never doubt one of the Bathyboys
Thanks for the confirmation HBF
Now can I ask you was you really just having a quiet frothie or was you maybe having a chat to the former North Adelaide footballer and seeing if he will lace up the boots in the magoos down at the den
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 am

absolutebath wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:My brother and I had a froffie at Grand North last night and you might be on the money this time Bathy me ole mate. The women's team was training with the A grade squad and they certainly outnumbered the blokes.

Yeah I got some lads who live on the other side of the fence at Greenies who keep an eye out for me and I would never doubt one of the Bathyboys
Now can I ask you was you really just having a quiet frothie or was you maybe having a chat to the former North Adelaide footballer and seeing if he will lace up the boots in the magoos down at the den

Your all over me like a cheap suit Bathy Boy ;)
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby absolutebath » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:
absolutebath wrote:

* You're
Bathyboygrammarpolice
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:53 pm

absolutebath wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
absolutebath wrote:

* You're
Bathyboygrammarpolice

were you really bathyboygrammarnotsogreat
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby absolutebath » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Hollywood gave Bathy a #Bathybang
absolutebath
Under 16s

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:Wow just get back from leave and the forum has been pretty active of late. Getting back to footy. Im really looking forward to actually playing footy My shout for the first one. And no that's not for every b@stard that reads this post. Ill need to get a second and third job if that was the case.

We play you at our place round 2 but it'll still be your shout :lol:

Nope your home ground your shout :D
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby absolutebath » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Lockleys just starting to gain a little momentum and keeping things on the downlow
I'm sure the Zedman is going to deny and deflect like the master tactician he is but plenty of little wins over the pre season
Last years medalist big Martinello has come back bigger, stronger and hungrier with 4-6 kgs added to the frame
A few senior players seem to have made a bit of a commitment to the big chief and will curtail the European in season holidays in 2017
Not sure how the 10 million dollar redevelopment is going but that is sure to be handy
Good numbers on the track and a couple of good committee additions to assist the growth in junior programs
Some of the boys really feeling the sting of a missed opportunity last year and keen to make amends
A few lads in the human movement Uni courses looking to bring in some late recruits to add to the depth
#BathyengagesZedman
absolutebath
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League