Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby vics01 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:56 pm

If the word on the Street is correct that the SFL have put the hard word on Hackham to show numbers in the next week or they are out.

Warman and the Board should hang their heads in collective shame. Little to no support given to the Hawks in the last few years. With the Hawks gone the venue will become yet another leg up for Soccer to gain a further foothold in the South. Real football will lose out.

SFL will say we did all we could,if that is the case they are inept.

The SAAFL and HFL should also feel ashamed at not taking the Hawks into lower divisions where they would have had the chance to rebuild and survive.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby reppoh_eht » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:16 pm

vics01 wrote:If the word on the Street is correct that the SFL have put the hard word on Hackham to show numbers in the next week or they are out.

Warman and the Board should hang their heads in collective shame. Little to no support given to the Hawks in the last few years. With the Hawks gone the venue will become yet another leg up for Soccer to gain a further foothold in the South. Real football will lose out.

The SAAFL and HFL should also feel ashamed at not taking the Hawks into lower divisions where they would have had the chance to rebuild and survive.

You have Cove listed as your Grassroots team... Is your A Grade Assistant not the former Hackham A Grade Coach? And did he not take/recruit 10+ Hackham Senior players to Cove this year?

10 players may not make a team, but it would certainly break a club already struggling for numbers - no matter what quality the players are.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:27 pm

You have Cove listed as your Grassroots team... Is your A Grade Assistant not the former Hackham A Grade Coach? And did he not take/recruit 10+ Hackham Senior players to Cove this year?

10 players may not make a team, but it would certainly break a club already struggling for numbers - no matter what quality the players are.

Rules do not allow recruitment of 10 plus players. To make such a accusation shows you have nfi. The said Coach moved heaven and Earth to progress the Hawks, SFL did not assist, yet gave higher player points to other clubs, such as the Shoes in a premiership year.

Hawks have been set to fail by the SFL not the Coach who busted his guts and own money to improve the club on and off the field.. Your comment is not worth a newspaper in place of sorbent in a public toilet.

My grass root team has nothing to do with the fact the SFL are slowly but surely destroying the comp.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby petoe » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm genuinely interested what you actually want the SFL to do? You constantly blame the league, but yet take little or no blame for your own club and how it's run, portrayed, culture, juniors, recruiting etc etc?

In 2013, Hackham beat the current premiers, by a point after the siren. They had a young and up and coming team and seemed headed in an ok direction. Who is to blame for the time from then to now? and how rapidly it has declined again? Let me guess? The league...........
petoe
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:47 pm

petoe wrote:I'm genuinely interested what you actually want the SFL to do? You constantly blame the league, but yet take little or no blame for your own club and how it's run, portrayed, culture, juniors, recruiting etc etc?

In 2013, Hackham beat the current premiers, by a point after the siren. They had a young and up and coming team and seemed hteaded in an ok direction. Who is to blame for the time from then to now? and how rapidly it has declined again? Let me guess? The league...........

He wants someone to agree with him and or take the blame.

I suspect if the hawks were less frequent visitors to the 'tiser the SFL would have assisted more and the other leagues would have accepted them in 2017. Perhaps it is time to blame the journos?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:56 am

vics01 wrote:If the word on the Street is correct that the SFL have put the hard word on Hackham to show numbers in the next week or they are out.

From what I hear you are no longer welcome at Hackham so how do you know what is happening or what the maroon coats are doing? Dont reckon they can make players appear if no one wants to play there

And if Hackham dont have enough players then rest of league shouldnt have to be messed around. Time for some tough calls I reckon just dont know if the maroon coats are up to making them :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby ol man emu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:41 pm

oneuponedown wrote:SOME TALKING POINTS for 2017;

Is Nobe$ staying in the goal square at the Saints or goneski?
Have Emus hung onto recruits - Hodge, Corrie and Ijcsen?
Have Bushpigs lost a few off their solid list? Some seeking opportunities elsewhere?
Flies - 3 x seniors gone country Vic, couple retirements also, will Vick need to blood a heap of youth in17?
Shoes - are the ol boysz suiting up again Mott, Caudle Copestick Peach?
Which one of Saints Cove Porties Valley to be the big improver in 2017?

Will the SFL finally supply enough cold beer Grand Final day in 17!!!

Iljcsen on board.
Hodge [not a recruit. former player returning home.] Contemplating retirement.
Corrie [not a recruit.] Who knows.

SFL won't supply enough cold beer on Grand Final day incase people start to have fun.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby ol man emu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:55 pm

To bloody right Warman and the board are to blame.
If they went to 2 divisions 5 years ago we would have two strong divisions now that other clubs would have joined.
instead we have lost 3 clubs and another about to fall over.
Instead of having a vibrant 2 division competition we are the laughing stock of football.
What doe's the community football Board do? why haven't they stepped in to sort this bloody mess out.
Time Warman gets his head out of the van and see's what is really going on before more clubs leave.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby cracka » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:23 pm

So absolutely no blame should be put on the people at Hackham running the club. Its all everyone elses fault.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:01 am

Have Bushpigs lost a few off their solid list? Some seeking opportunities elsewhere?
Flies - 3 x seniors gone country Vic, couple retirements also, will Vick need to blood a heap of youth in17?

I have been away and finally return today with some interesting posts.
OL Boysz ? Both Motts and Copey 22/23 as for Tom and Peachy they still hold their own in any side in the comp.
As for Hackham I am led to believe Today is D day !
The current draw will stay as is without Hackham ?
Good luck to all for 2017
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Animus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:59 am

Is it going to be a top 5 or top 6 finals series?

When do clearances start up again?

oneuponedown: Nobes is gone according to the clearance page. Bushpigs have picked up a ruckman & lost no-one. 10+ gone from the Flies they are shot. Shoes, Emus, Flaggies will fight it out for the flag and Aldinga to be the big improver

shoe boy: will be interesting as i assume some teams scheduled to play them once & some teams twice so would be an uneven draw if left as is
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Due to a late cancelation the Noarlunga Football Club are looking for a trial on April 1 .

Our oval is available but are also prepared to travel .

Please PM me.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby oneuponedown » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:26 am

Animus wrote:Is it going to be a top 5 or top 6 finals series?

When do clearances start up again?

oneuponedown: Nobes is gone according to the clearance page. Bushpigs have picked up a ruckman & lost no-one. 10+ gone from the Flies they are shot. Shoes, Emus, Flaggies will fight it out for the flag and Aldinga to be the big improver

shoe boy: will be interesting as i assume some teams scheduled to play them once & some teams twice so would be an uneven draw if left as is

I had heard Saints trying to Salvage Nobes but if he's gone.... some fullbacks will sleep a bit better on Friday nights! :lol:
Knew Winey's had lost a few but 10 off :shock: got any other names Animus?

I agree with your thoughts on Aldinga, but I think Cove will big improver for 17 - Mail is they have picked up plenty including 4 x SANFL reserve level lads along with many Hackham boys returning to the snakepit and appears more Valley youngsters following JC.

Flagstaff FC a fair jump ahead of rest if they keep their list injury free FOR 2017 - IMO.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby oneuponedown » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:55 am

shoe boy wrote:

I have been away and finally return today with some interesting posts.
OL Boysz ? Both Motts and Copey 22/23 as for Tom and Peachy they still hold their own in any side in the comp.
As for Hackham I am led to believe Today is D day !
The current draw will stay as is without Hackham ?
Good luck to all for 2017

Sorry Shoe Boy forget that Motts n Copey probably been playing seniors since 17-18. :oops: "Ol Boys" more of a Shoes constant fixture rather than age.

Any news on the Hackham decision? surely a new draw will need to be made as how do some sides get 2 x byes and others only the one?
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby shoe boy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:26 pm

It is official Hackham will field 1 senior side in the Sunday C grade comp.

The draw will be changed with the SFL requesting clubs to advise by the 10 Feb regarding a 16 game season or 18 ?

I wonder if we go with top 5 final series or 6?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 pm

A wise former club delegate always advocated for a 16 game season if BYE's were required. This now looks like the only option for 2017. Has to be a final 5 which eliminates clubs being split over 2 venues on the same day (assuming Elim and 1st Semi are played on a Sunday in the first 2 weeks).

I think there is more than one way to structure a final 6 but I think they all involve the concept of highest/lowest ranked winners and losers to determine what happens after week 1 which is a dogs breakfast and a nightmare to explain to players, parents etc. let alone the administrators themselves knowing how it works.

It was hard enough explaining the Saturday/Sunday elements of the final 8, let alone trying to deal with a final six. A final 5 should be used for any 10 or 11 team comp and probably also a 12 team comp.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby reppoh_eht » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Have we not been here with Hackham before? They dropped back to the C Grade, built up over a year or two (?) and then came back to the Saturday competition. They improved and yet here we are years later back in the exact same situation!
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:22 pm

We have lost 4 clubs in the A grade in last 2 years, worrying signs for the future of the comp or a positive that the comp is now a more manageable size?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:We have lost 4 clubs in the A grade in last 2 years, worrying signs for the future of the comp or a positive that the comp is now a more manageable size?

I think most expect 5 in 3 years with the Rams to go for 2018. It will be interesting to see if any of the remaining top clubs approach GSFL, HFL or SAAFL.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL