Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:58 am

Getting back to work after a week in Port Douglas.

Shoes.

Trousers.

5:45am alarms.

No eggs bene for breakfast with a paper and coffee for company.

Phones.

Emails.

There will be more....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby tipper » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:19 am

Booney wrote:Getting back to work after a week in Port Douglas.

Shoes.

Trousers.

Phones.

Emails.

There will be more....

welcome back to the real world. at least its a short week to ease you back in
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby am Bays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:28 am

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:Getting back to work after a week in Port Douglas.

Shoes.

Trousers.

Phones.

Emails.

There will be more....

welcome back to the real world. at least its a short week to ease you back in

Maybe we can get some "Booney Live" as he deals with the first dodgy customer....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:29 am

I don't have the flanny on today mate.... ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:41 am

Was it hard waking up to this today @booney?
Attachments
IMG_20170123_103912.jpg
IMG_20170123_103912.jpg (29.81 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:52 am

First day of a week's holidays started yesterday.
Two vehicles packed with wife, kids, dog, bikes, scooters etc
Leave early so I can get there by 10am to watch my Steelers in the NFL playoffs.
Little miss 6 needs a toilet stop & the dog has the lead twisted numerous times around her hind leg, so we pull over on the Kulpara to Paskeville road. Wife gets back in her car - and nothing, it won't start. F*CK! So I put wife & kids in my van and send them on their way whilst I ring the RAA. Now it's just me and my Kelpie, Lenny - and 8 million flies and ants and the humidity and the warm wind. The RAA bloke has to come from Kadina, says he'll be half an hour or so. He arrives actually in less time than that, tries numerous things/tests, can't get it going. "Have to tow it to the Kadina dealership" he tells me. A rope tow, bloody hell! Never did that before, that's hairy at times doing 90 km p/hour with bugger all steering or brakes and only a car length between you.
Arrive at dealership, service manager informs me he can't get the car seen to until next Tues, they're flat out plus it's a short week. That's no good, we head home on Saturday. He was trying his best to work something out and told me to leave it with him. Now I needed a ride (and Lenny) to Pt Hughes where we're staying. (Wife couldn't come & get me as she only had the van which seats 3 and couldn't leave kids alone as they're only 6 & 4). So I have to wait for my RAA friend who is the other side of Wallaroo doing a job. Finally he picks me and my patient furry offsider up, but can't fit in what luggage we had in broken down car. Eventually arrive at holiday house, get straight in the van and drive back to Kadina to retrieve luggage.
3pm, almost 5 f#cking hours later and I can try to relax.
Oh , and the Steelers got knocked out and the dealership rang this morning saying they found time to look at our car and it's a fuel pump. Part sent from Adelaide tomorrow, fitted on Thursday - $980 thanks very much.
I may drink a little more than usual this week.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:09 am

Ouch.

I reckon you've got one morning where you can crack one about 10:30 and if you get a look you can just fire one back and say nothing. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Booney wrote:Ouch.

I reckon you've got one morning where you can crack one about 10:30 and if you get a look you can just fire one back and say nothing. :lol:

I wouldn't fire back......I'd look up to the heavens, shake my head and scull the rest of my beer. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:31 am

Spargo wrote:First day of a week's holidays started yesterday.
Leave early so I can get there by 10am to watch my Steelers in the NFL playoffs.
Little miss 6 needs a toilet stop & the dog has the lead twisted numerous times around her hind leg, so we pull over on the Kulpara to Paskeville road. Wife gets back in her car - and nothing, it won't start. F*CK! So I put wife & kids in my van and send them on their way whilst I ring the RAA. Now it's just me and my Kelpie, Lenny - and 8 million flies and ants and the humidity and the warm wind. The RAA bloke has to come from Kadina, says he'll be half an hour or so. He arrives actually in less time than that, tries numerous things/tests, can't get it going. "Have to tow it to the Kadina dealership" he tells me. A rope tow, bloody hell! Never did that before, that's hairy at times doing 90 km p/hour with bugger all steering or brakes and only a car length between you.
Arrive at dealership, service manager informs me he can't get the car seen to until next Tues, they're flat out plus it's a short week. That's no good, we head home on Saturday. He was trying his best to work something out and told me to leave it with him. Now I needed a ride (and Lenny) to Pt Hughes where we're staying. (Wife couldn't come & get me as she only had the van which seats 3 and couldn't leave kids alone as they're only 6 & 4). So I have to wait for my RAA friend who is the other side of Wallaroo doing a job. Finally he picks me and my patient furry offsider up, but can't fit in what luggage we had in broken down car. Eventually arrive at holiday house, get straight in the van and drive back to Kadina to retrieve luggage.
Oh , and the Steelers got knocked out and the dealership rang this morning saying they found time to look at our car and it's a fuel pump. Part sent from Adelaide tomorrow, fitted on Thursday - $980 thanks very much.

Spargo, you're a mate of HH3. Let me know if you're in need of accommodation that side of the Peninsula next time. We have a holiday house at North Beach (just north of Wallaroo) we can look after you.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:34 am

I've been looking at TV's recently. On the Kogan site (clearly we're after a cheapie) people are rating their TV 5 stars before they even unpack it!

Ratings like:

"It's great, it looks like it will do what it promises, we haven't unpacked it yet, it's a present"

"It's still in the box but I think it's awesome"

WTF? How is this helpful?????
gadj1976
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 am

gadj1976 wrote:I've been looking at TV's recently. On the Kogan site (clearly we're after a cheapie) people are rating their TV 5 stars before they even unpack it!

Ratings like:

"It's great, it looks like it will do what it promises, we haven't unpacked it yet, it's a present"

"It's still in the box but I think it's awesome"

WTF? How is this helpful?????

Customer reviews are terrible anyway unless it's all 1 star or whatever. Tech sites are better options for reviews
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stampy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 am

gadj1976 wrote:

Spargo, you're a mate of HH3. Let me know if you're in need of accommodation that side of the Peninsula next time. We have a holiday house at North Beach (just north of Wallaroo) we can look after you.

stayed there plenty of times, brilliant beach
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Spargo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:44 am

gadj1976 wrote:

Good man, will keep you in mind mate.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Keefy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:35 pm

Driving back to Adelaide tomorrow which means one thing, holidays are almost over and even worse is going back to work on Monday
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:30 am

Being at work today
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:08 am

gadj1976 wrote:

@gadj1976 Any chance I can use this holiday house at some point?

I'm a friend of @Spargos ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:08 pm

HH3 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Friends of Spargo incur a 15% levy.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:28 pm

:lol: Fair enough too

Spargo
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:01 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

I am not a friend of Spargo... do I get a 15% discount?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Corona Man wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:[quote="Spargo"]First day of a week's holidays started yesterday.

I am not a friend of Spargo... do I get a 15% discount?[/quote]
No you're a ******* Victorian now.....15% surcharge you pricks ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion