US

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: US

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:09 am

stan wrote:So um first week was certainly a busy one for the new pres.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

People may not like it, but at least he's doing the stuff he said he would
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Martin Belam

As long as you live you'll never see a photograph of 7 women signing legislation about what men can do with their reproductive organs

It only stops US funding for overseas abortion clinics.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:06 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Exactly right. He has done what he said he would do. The entire world seems to be acting surprised and they can get all up in arms but he has so far done what he said he will during the lead up to the election.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:22 am

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Exactly right. He has done what he said he would do. The entire world seems to be acting surprised and they can get all up in arms but he has so far done what he said he will during the lead up to the election.

Which, now, is the scary part.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:37 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Which, now, is the scary part.

Welcome to democracy. Not sure how the popular vote and electoral college works, but Trump won the election.

I was reading a thing that said how people couldn't imagine Trump actually winning the election. They thought because the most vocal people were against him, that there was no chance.

Unfortunately for them, they had made a lot of regular people that supported Trump afraid to talk about it, for fear of ridicule and backlash.

Well, those people voted in the booths. And now he's doing what he said he'd do. I don't support either side of the argument, but to be honest, it's actually good to see a politician actually do what they said they would. Or at least try, before Congress stops him.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:43 am

I think it's good that Trump is doing what he said, it's making it interesting.
But I do love the hypocrisy of the democrats and their 'supporters' and that's not even taking into consideration the political force that is apparently Hollywood!!!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11918 times
Been liked: 3630 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:12 pm

HH3 wrote:Welcome to democracy. Not sure how the popular vote and electoral college works, but Trump won the election.

I was reading a thing that said how people couldn't imagine Trump actually winning the election. They thought because the most vocal people were against him, that there was no chance.

Unfortunately for them, they had made a lot of regular people that supported Trump afraid to talk about it, for fear of ridicule and backlash.

Well, those people voted in the booths. And now he's doing what he said he'd do. I don't support either side of the argument, but to be honest, it's actually good to see a politician actually do what they said they would. Or at least try, before Congress stops him.

Here's a 5 minute explanation
There is a better one but i cant find it - its in this thread somewhere
Basically, it was put in place to stop the most populous States (like New York and California) dominating the election
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Strap yourselves in ladies and gentlemen, it's going to be a bumpy ride

Top Stories: You're fired: Trump axes Attorney-General over travel ban defiance
http://ab.co/2jPoJpj
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:Strap yourselves in ladies and gentlemen, it's going to be a bumpy ride

She's the acting attorney-general or was at the time. But really whilst I'm not suggesting that I agree with his decisions, he is entitled to sack a staff member that is not towing the line.
stan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:33 pm

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Strap yourselves in ladies and gentlemen, it's going to be a bumpy ride

She's the acting attorney-general or was at the time. But really whilst I'm not suggesting that I agree with his decisions, he is entitled to sack a staff member that is not towing the line.

Bit of a tough one for her. Either tow the line, or do your job. Considering her job was to make sure things were done within the law, and she didn't think this was, either way she was f**ked.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Welcome to democracy. Not sure how the popular vote and electoral college works, but Trump won the election.

Here's a 5 minute explanation
There is a better one but i cant find it - its in this thread somewhere
Basically, it was put in place to stop the most populous States (like New York and California) dominating the election

Thanks mate. I'll watch this when I can put the sound on.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:40 pm

that's was pretty good and explained the process pretty well. Thanks for that.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:56 pm

stan wrote:

So you are saying it's ok to sack anyone that doesn't agree with you, even though what you are doing is probably illegal?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:59 pm

bennymacca wrote:
stan wrote:

So you are saying it's ok to sack anyone that doesn't agree with you, even though what you are doing is probably illegal?

She should be protected, considering every employment contract I've signed, or had someone sign, has a part about doing whatever the employer asks of you, within reason, and as long as it's legal.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:07 pm

I'm not surprised Trump sacked her. The President would be entitled to expect his administration back his executive orders and decision-making...when those decisions are legal and sound.

What's extraordinary is that someone in as lofty a position as the A-G is prepared to speak out against the president's executive order, suggesting it's illegal. That must be unprecedented. Moreover, when one of your top legal officers in the country reckons you're contravening the constitution and acting illegally, there's probably a fair bit of fire behind that smoke.

All the sacking does is alert everyone that the immigration bans are legally suspect, and that Trump's policy-making is reckless with a 'shoot first, ask questions later' approach.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

bennymacca wrote:
stan wrote:

Pretty sure I didnt make any of the laws that currently govern the US, so relax you lefty self for a second. Magellan has provided a pretty good answer to your question.
stan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:55 pm

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
stan wrote:

Pretty sure I didnt make any of the laws that currently govern the US, so relax you lefty self for a second. Magellan has provided a pretty good answer to your question.

Don't waste your time lad, he doesn't get it.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:56 pm

Whoa there nelly

How is possibly me being a "lefty" just for suggesting it's interesting for someone to be sacked 3 hours after making what seems on the surface somewhat reasonable (although extraordinary) comments.

What exactly am I supposed to "get" there Grenville?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:51 am

bennymacca wrote:Whoa there nelly

How is possibly me being a "lefty" just for suggesting it's interesting for someone to be sacked 3 hours after making what seems on the surface somewhat reasonable (although extraordinary) comments.

What exactly am I supposed to "get" there Grenville?

Ive just been wanting to call you a lefty for a while there nedly...

What I am saying with any administration right or wrongly if your not towing the line, even if that goes against your personal values then the position is no longer tenable for you. If that was her stance she should of resigned anyway.

Trumpy maybe a bit bat crap crazy but you need to do your job professionally or resign if it is a conflict with you own values.

Thats all there is to that lefty.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics