Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 am

Zartan wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:Scaredy cat

Ha ha ha. The truth is that you're scared that I'm @ Houghton and will line up against ya at 2 points of this year ;) ;)

i'll make sure my runner brings out a blanket for you so you dont get cold in the forward line :P

Ha ha ha you're a funny man Zartan. The fringe festival has a free space for ya for your stand up comedy specials. Ha ha ;)
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby morell » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:27 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:What message does that send?
1. Fairness of all competitions is paramount
2. Dropping down divisions or folding and coming back isn't to be rewarded with instant success
3. Clubs will need to learn how to have losing seasons
4. Everyone should listen to morell

Anything else?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:36 am

The only message it sends is clubs dictating to the SAAFL where they wanna play and what they are going to do. Clubs should play we they are put. If you can't field a team one year and withdraw from the league and then re-enter the following year. Div 7 is where you should start from. If you are in a higher Div and lose players (due to other offers, retirement, etc) which results in a slide to lower div's. Then you shouldn't be able to request which grade you want to stay in. Play where you are put and leave it as that.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:The only message it sends is clubs dictating to the SAAFL where they wanna play and what they are going to do. Clubs should play we they are put.

But if you win a flag you can opt to stay down - you're not obligated to move up.. :-?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:42 am

Zartan wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:The only message it sends is clubs dictating to the SAAFL where they wanna play and what they are going to do. Clubs should play we they are put.

But if you win a flag you can opt to stay down - you're not obligated to move up.. :-?

Don't agree with that rule either. It's a crap rule and should be removed. If you make the GF then you go up to the next Div. It's pretty simple as that. Way too many clubs try and dictate the league as to where they should play.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:42 am

Zartan wrote:

You can only pull that card once.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:43 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:

You can only pull that card once.

There shouldn't be a card at all.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Real Number 3 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:01 pm

with Bombers now at houghton, im almost tempted to get a clearance back to mawsons. god you speak so much karta
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:09 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:with Bombers now at houghton, im almost tempted to get a clearance back to mawsons. god you speak so much karta

Do it. I dare ya he he ;) ;)
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Real Number 3 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Poor hendo
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:10 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:Poor hendo

He's alright bud. There's nothing for him to worry about from me. Where are you playing this season?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Real Number 3 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:28 pm

You are as dumb as you look.

Look about 6 or 7 posts up. and look what forum you're posting in.

as i said earlier.... poor hendo
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:The only message it sends is clubs dictating to the SAAFL where they wanna play and what they are going to do. Clubs should play we they are put. If you can't field a team one year and withdraw from the league and then re-enter the following year. Div 7 is where you should start from. If you are in a higher Div and lose players (due to other offers, retirement, etc) which results in a slide to lower div's. Then you shouldn't be able to request which grade you want to stay in. Play where you are put and leave it as that.
Your brain works like a light switch.

I am all for sticking to promotion and relegation rules, except where extenuating circumstances throw that out of kilter. Like, for example, a D5 Premiership winning side folding the very next year and then coming back the year after that two divisions lower.

Pray, tell, how promotion and relegation applies here which results in Para Hills being in D7 from wining the D5 flag in 2015?

If anything, we should assume they got relegated from D4 to D5 in 2016, thus should be in D5 in 2017. But I am a nice fella and like the Para Hills blokes so D6 is fair enough.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Poor Bombers everyone picking on ya mate, I still love you :lol:

evidently so does Hendo! 8)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:42 pm

morell wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:The only message it sends is clubs dictating to the SAAFL where they wanna play and what they are going to do. Clubs should play we they are put. If you can't field a team one year and withdraw from the league and then re-enter the following year. Div 7 is where you should start from. If you are in a higher Div and lose players (due to other offers, retirement, etc) which results in a slide to lower div's. Then you shouldn't be able to request which grade you want to stay in. Play where you are put and leave it as that.

I am all for sticking to promotion and relegation rules, except where extenuating circumstances throw that out of kilter. Like, for example, a D5 Premiership winning side folding the very next year and then coming back the year after that two divisions lower.

Pray, tell, how promotion and relegation applies here which results in Para Hills being in D7 from wining the D5 flag in 2015?

If anything, we should assume they got relegated from D4 to D5 in 2016, thus should be in D5 in 2017. But I am a nice fella and like the Para Hills blokes so D6 is fair enough.

It's just the way it is mate. They won the flag because they were the best team that year. Then through obvious circumstances they folded the very next year like you said. Tell me why should they be allowed to rejoin the SAAFL now that a lot of the blokes have returned and flip straight into either Div 5 or Div 6?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:45 pm

carey wrote:Poor Bombers everyone picking on ya mate, I still love you :lol:

evidently so does Hendo! 8)

Thanks Carey. Just sitting here joining in the convo's trying to get my opinion out. Which may come across straight forward or not. How are you going mate?

Does he ha ha. Just for the fact. I knew Hendo was out at Houghton and thought that it would be good to head out there where I know someone. My days at Mawson are done as those days are in the past now.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
morell wrote:

It's just the way it is mate. They won the flag because they were the best team that year. Then through obvious circumstances they folded the very next year like you said. Tell me why should they be allowed to rejoin the SAAFL now that a lot of the blokes have returned and flip straight into either Div 5 or Div 6?
Because that is the standard that best suits their football club and where they last played.

We should stick to the rules right?

2015 - D5 Won flag, promoted to D4
2016 - D4 DNP, relegated to .... D7?!?!
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:It's just the way it is mate. They won the flag because they were the best team that year. Then through obvious circumstances they folded the very next year like you said. Tell me why should they be allowed to rejoin the SAAFL now that a lot of the blokes have returned and flip straight into either Div 5 or Div 6?

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:54 pm

If anything, we should assume they got relegated from D4 to D5 in 2016, thus should be in D5 in 2017. But I am a nice fella and like the Para Hills blokes so D6 is fair enough.[/quote]
It's just the way it is mate. They won the flag because they were the best team that year. Then through obvious circumstances they folded the very next year like you said. Tell me why should they be allowed to rejoin the SAAFL now that a lot of the blokes have returned and flip straight into either Div 5 or Div 6?[/quote]Because that is the standard that best suits their football club and where they last played.

We should stick to the rules right?

2015 - D5 Won flag, promoted to D4
2016 - D4 DNP, relegated to .... D7?!?![/quote]
It may sound un-fair but it is what has been written up mate. So tell me Morell, if let's say a club that is successful on field and wins premierships and gets promoted to higher divisions then all of a sudden loses players (due to offers from other clubs, players asking for more $$$ and cant get it so leave). Then they get flogged week in and week out. Ask for the mercy rule and ask to get put in a much lower division. Then they get players back and start to dominate again. Is that a ideal way of running the SAAFL? The rule should be plain and simple. Top 2 go up. Bottom 2 go down. If you fold due to loss of players or financial ruin but then find ways to start again. Then the rule should be that you have to re-enter at the lowest Div.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 pm

B4E are you one of those blokes at training who never understands the drill and has to ask a million questions and be walked through it, then question the answers?
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League