The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:23 am

Pseudo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Plenty on here think that the afl have in effect diverted money away from sanfl to fund this.

No, but plenty of us think that a similar amount could be spent on setting up a proper AFL reserves league.

They could certainly do both

But if they had to pick one first it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which one
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby zipzap » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:14 am

southernbulldog wrote:Absolutely how many would go if they had to pay and to mention the Adelaide/Sturt game
shows what twats they are on 7 hardly any Crows supporter goes to an SANFL game anyway so
it is an unfair comparison.

And many choose not to go to games like that besides
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:39 am

zipzap wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Absolutely how many would go if they had to pay and to mention the Adelaide/Sturt game
shows what twats they are on 7 hardly any Crows supporter goes to an SANFL game anyway so
it is an unfair comparison.

And many choose not to go to games like that besides

That's unlike the Cows and their stooges to twist an arguement to suit themselves. Integrity.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 am

bennymacca wrote:I do find a bit hypocritical that you guys all hate the AFL and want to stand on your own two feet but simultaneously want the AFL to give you millions of dollars in cash

Can't have it both ways.

You are aware the AFL clubs were invented on the promise you would Provide SA football million of dollars in cash annually. Why else do you think we put $8 mill worth of capital into the licences. For fun ??

So how exactly is us expecting you to deliver on your promise whilst staying the hell away from our league hypocritical at all.

The only thing hypocritical is the fans of the team for all South Australians thinking south Australians football fans are in anyway greedy for expecting you to deliver on your promise. Plus the crows fans stating they apparently hate Victorians whilst sending their hard earned straight to the docklands every season.

Still clueless
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Reddeer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 am

Pseudo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Plenty on here think that the afl have in effect diverted money away from sanfl to fund this.

No, but plenty of us think that a similar amount could be spent on setting up a proper AFL reserves league.

These AFLW will be the reserve side curtain raiser in the near future once all teams have a side
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 am

UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I do find a bit hypocritical that you guys all hate the AFL and want to stand on your own two feet but simultaneously want the AFL to give you millions of dollars in cash

Can't have it both ways.

You are aware the AFL clubs were invented on the promise you would Provide SA football million of dollars in cash annually. Why else do you think we put $8 mill worth of capital into the licences. For fun ??

So how exactly is us expecting you to deliver on your promise whilst staying the hell away from our league hypocritical at all.

The only thing hypocritical is the fans of the team for all South Australians thinking south Australians football fans are in anyway greedy for expecting you to deliver on your promise. Plus the crows fans stating they apparently hate Victorians whilst sending their hard earned straight to the docklands every season.

Still clueless

They sold the licences
bennymacca
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:35 am

bennymacca wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Can't have it both ways.

Still clueless

They sold the licences

And ?? You think it's just the AFL licences the SANFL gave you.

Do u own the lease at Adelaide Oval or own footy park and incur the costs of running the venues ?? Or does the sanfl

are Port/crows still the first sport stories on seven news/5AAFL or the back page of Adelaide now ?? Or is it SANFL

Guess how Advertiser/Seven news and 5AA filled their sport stories for decades before 1991 Ben. Why did that change almost overnight ?? Why shouldn't we continue to be compensated for our lost media market share we gave to the AFL clubs. When it hasn't been returned.

Crowds of 40k a week dwindled down to 12k due to allowing Adelaide FC the ability to market directly to existing SANFL members. Why should we not continued to be compensated for losing 70% of our supporter/sponsor base.

SANFL spent $8 mill plus the interest costs in the 1990s for these licences and have gained a return of only $15 mill 20 years later which the AFL can pay back over 10 years.

if that's is suppose to compensate for everything we have lost you are clueless.

Keep going to Melbourne for crows game and buying more AFL merchandise you true south Australian football supporter. Oh and Damn those victorian bastards.

Who can't have it both ways ?? :roll:
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby DOC » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

These AFLW will be the reserve side curtain raiser in the near future once all teams have a side

If they played reserves utilising those on the list that don't get a game with their best female players then no need to have top up players.

Mixed. You know it makes sense.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:54 pm

DOC wrote:
Reddeer wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

If they played reserves utilising those on the list that don't get a game with their best female players then no need to have top up players.

Mixed?
Surely you are kidding.
The best women's player in the game is a million miles beneath state comp level and I doubt I'll ever see the day one would be good enough to play that high.
With the popularity of the AFLW I think they definitely be played as curtain raisers in the near future if the comp goes to a winter start
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Magellan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:
DOC wrote:If they played reserves utilising those on the list that don't get a game with their best female players then no need to have top up players.

Mixed?
Surely you are kidding.
The best women's player in the game is a million miles beneath state comp level and I doubt I'll ever see the day one would be good enough to play that high.

I dunno Jim, David Mackay seems to get away with it.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Magellan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
DOC wrote:If they played reserves utilising those on the list that don't get a game with their best female players then no need to have top up players.

Mixed?
Surely you are kidding.

I dunno Jim, David Mackay seems to get away with it.

=D>
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Mixed. You know it makes sense.[/quote]
Mixed?
Surely you are kidding.
With the popularity of the AFLW I think they definitely be played as curtain raisers in the near future if the comp goes to a winter start[/quote]

Can't play them as curtain raisers Jim. The ground might get marked.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:47 pm

UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Can't have it both ways.

Still clueless

They sold the licences

And ?? You think it's just the AFL licences the SANFL gave you.

Do u own the lease at Adelaide Oval or own footy park and incur the costs of running the venues ?? Or does the sanfl

are Port/crows still the first sport stories on seven news/5AAFL or the back page of Adelaide now ?? Or is it SANFL

Guess how Advertiser/Seven news and 5AA filled their sport stories for decades before 1991 Ben. Why did that change almost overnight ?? Why shouldn't we continue to be compensated for our lost media market share we gave to the AFL clubs. When it hasn't been returned.

Crowds of 40k a week dwindled down to 12k due to allowing Adelaide FC the ability to market directly to existing SANFL members. Why should we not continued to be compensated for losing 70% of our supporter/sponsor base.

SANFL spent $8 mill plus the interest costs in the 1990s for these licences and have gained a return of only $15 mill 20 years later which the AFL can pay back over 10 years.

if that's is suppose to compensate for everything we have lost you are clueless.

Keep going to Melbourne for crows game and buying more AFL merchandise you true south Australian football supporter. Oh and Damn those victorian bastards.

Who can't have it both ways ?? :roll:

lol
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Well played UK Fan.
Served an unplayable ace.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby MW » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Quit bitching about the past and come up with ways to make the SANFL better NOW.
AFL will always be the bigger league getting the majority of the media.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Well look back over the past few hundred pages and there are plenty of examples in which the SANFL could be better NOW.....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:41 pm

MW wrote:Quit bitching about the past and come up with ways to make the SANFL better NOW.
AFL will always be the bigger league getting the majority of the media.

Best way for the SANFL to become better is piss the cancers off to the VFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Think it was heading south before they entered
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Which is why crowds were bigger before the reserves came in.....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Reddeer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:27 pm

MW wrote:Think it was heading south before they entered

Perhaps we can enter the womens comp. The crowds are pretty good there
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times