General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Postby Grenville » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:55 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Grenville wrote:Death of a Gentleman on Netflix. Two blokes did a doco on cricket and the corruption which has f***ed the game.

I watched the start of it and will save to my list to watch later. Looks really interesting and something that is right up my ally.

Well worth a look, started off with two mates trying to decide whether Test Cricket was basically still viable? and the more they dug, the murkier things became.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Anyone had a look at Travelers on Netflix? 5 people come back to the present from the future and inhabit the bodies of those who would ordinarily have died, and they work together on missions in order to prevent the series of events that lead to a war-ravaged apocalyptic future. Sort of like The Terminator meets The A-Team.

It took me a good couple of episodes to get into it, but once its gets momentum and you don't focus too much on some of the plot holes I think it's a show worth having a look at.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Q. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Been bingeing on Mad Men. Two seasons down.

Quality show, S2 laboured in parts, but the end where Don tells Duck he doesn't have a contract and Duck loses his shit was fantastic.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Grenville wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Grenville wrote:Death of a Gentleman on Netflix. Two blokes did a doco on cricket and the corruption which has f***ed the game.

I watched the start of it and will save to my list to watch later. Looks really interesting and something that is right up my ally.

Well worth a look, started off with two mates trying to decide whether Test Cricket was basically still viable? and the more they dug, the murkier things became.

Just finished watching it. A must watch for any cricket nuffie. What a story, I live and breath the game, love watching and playing it and having the men at the top being researched and revealed like that is something that while I was not surprised with I was really taken back by.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Watched two espn 30 for 30 documentary's last night. Catholics vs Convicts and the xfl one. Both pretty interesting. Worth a look
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:53 am

I watched the XFL one the other night too. I think I would've watched it, if it stayed how it was in the first week, before they brought The Rock in and got Jesse Ventura to bait coaches.

The football was never going to be as good as NFL standard. But if they kept the league going and focused on recruiting the next tier of former college players, it would have ended up better than most college games.

They rushed it, then panicked....
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 am

Finished the second season of Daredevil yesterday, absolutely loved it. Now I'm onto Vikings.

The Walking Dead is finally back on today!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:30 am

bennymacca wrote:
David Brent wrote:Anyone been watching Fargo??? Best show on TV atm I reckon, what do others think?

Yep I have. Amazingly good. Haven't seen ep7 yes though. Best show since breaking bad imo

Finally got around to giving this a go. Really impressed, intense with a good does of quirk.

Great to see Martin Freeman in action, and I reckon he pulls off* that weird US with a twist of Scandinavian-type accent well. Plus Bob Odenkirk, who's always good value.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:33 am

Second season of it is very good too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jase » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:01 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Finished the second season of Daredevil yesterday, absolutely loved it. Now I'm onto Vikings.

Vikings, one of the best shows on TV...

Lagertha - =P~
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Magellan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
David Brent wrote:Anyone been watching Fargo??? Best show on TV atm I reckon, what do others think?

Yep I have. Amazingly good. Haven't seen ep7 yes though. Best show since breaking bad imo

Finally got around to giving this a go. Really impressed, intense with a good does of quirk.

Great to see Martin Freeman in action, and I reckon he pulls off* that weird US with a twist of Scandinavian-type accent well. Plus Bob Odenkirk, who's always good value.

I've had a bloody gut full of Fargo my mother absolutely loves the show so I bought her the season 1 &2 boxsets so she makes me watch them with her when I go over for tea every fortnight. Her partner can't stand the show so the only chance she gets to watch it is when I come over.

I thought Season 1 was okay-ish but Season 2 is killing me. Kirsten Dunst & Jesse Plemons are engaged in real life now.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Jase wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Finished the second season of Daredevil yesterday, absolutely loved it. Now I'm onto Vikings.

Vikings, one of the best shows on TV...

Lagertha - =P~

Katheryn Winnick is absolutely gorgeous not only is she also a martial arts expert but in real life she's supposedly a very nice person too.

I recently listened to a podcast of an interview with Gary J. Tunnicliffe who's done the makeup on most of the Hellraiser movies and he worked with her on Hellraiser: Hellworld back when she was unknown (as was Henry Cavill aka DC's new Superman) and she over heard him telling someone else he would be spending Christmas alone back in LA so during a break in filming she invited him to come and spend Christmas with her and her family in Canada which he politely declined.

What a babe.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:54 am

Was working on the laptop in front of the telly last night. The tube was tuned to SBS, and after a while Undressed started.

Synopsis: Couples (not necessarily hetero) are set up on a "date", on which they must first undress each other (down to undergarments) then sit on a bed and do what the Big Screen commands them - discuss a particular topic or perform some low-contact physical activity.

Holy mother of God - if this is what constitutes quality entertainment on a non-commercial broadcaster, then I'm never turning on the telly again!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Pseudo wrote:Was working on the laptop in front of the telly last night. The tube was tuned to SBS, and after a while Undressed started.

Synopsis: Couples (not necessarily hetero) are set up on a "date", on which they must first undress each other (down to undergarments) then sit on a bed and do what the Big Screen commands them - discuss a particular topic or perform some low-contact physical activity.

Holy mother of God - if this is what constitutes quality entertainment on a non-commercial broadcaster, then I'm never turning on the telly again!

The naked blind date show on an island is much better. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby HH3 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Pseudo wrote:Was working on the laptop in front of the telly last night. The tube was tuned to SBS, and after a while Undressed started.

A guy I play Gridiron with in Bendigo was on one episode of that. The Johnny and Charlotte one. The biatch acts interested and then burns him at the end.

The private players page on facebook went off that day. :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:17 am

Got stuck back in to Ray Donovan over the weekend. I'd seen season one already, but re-watched the last three episodes to remind myself what happened.

Yesterday I watched the first five episodes of season two.

Season two's better than one so far.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Into Season 3 of Vikings now and loving it. Part one of season 4 was added to Netflix the other day, cheering.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Into Season 3 of Vikings now and loving it. Part one of season 4 was added to Netflix the other day, cheering.

**** Season 4 is hectic. It's on SBS Wednesday nights but it's pretty advanced now
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:05 pm

OnSong wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Into Season 3 of Vikings now and loving it. Part one of season 4 was added to Netflix the other day, cheering.

**** Season 4 is hectic. It's on SBS Wednesday nights but it's pretty advanced now

It really is a great show
You can watch it here http://putlockers.ch/watch-vikings-tvsh ... ocker.html
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Magellan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:34 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The people vs oj Simpson

Just finishing the season off tonight

It's a cliffhanger, twists, turns, just don't know what will happen next

Been watching this over thew last week or so, and it's pretty good. It comes across like tele movie, so I was doubtful at first, but gathers momentum and shows the strategic arm wrestle that is criminal law in the courtroom. Fascinating how an evidentiary slam dunk can be run off the rails by politics and race issues.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment