Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:08 am

Im hearing he has 26 players to use in that first trial at best and while the coach says he has a lot coming in how come they train with the girls and still look like they can only field one side

you will thrash them as most will have to play 2 games
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 am

Ignorance is bliss.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby morell » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:05 am

twobob wrote:
morell wrote:Where did I mention PHFC?

You didn't but wouldnt you like to avoid them
The balance and competitiveness of the lower divisions has got no more to do with Mitchell Park than any other club plying their trade down here. As has been explained ad infinitum.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 am

morell wrote:ad infinitum.

Sounds like a Harry Potter spell/curse
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 am

Robran wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:
morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:Greenacres struggling..

West Croydon to D5
Para Hills to D6
Greenacres to D7

Lock it in Eddie..
Looks like this Hot Seat Contestant might be on the money with Greenacres potentially struggling to field a side from all reports.

Still time but these movements make a hell of a lot of sense.

Sorry but Greenies have been an accident waiting to happen for years.
No juniors since Moses loaded the Ark, although it was attempted recently.
Only survived due to the Roosters influx of coin for the past decade plus.
Good committee people have moved on in life, they are in all sorts of pain.

I spoke with there coach yesterday and he seem really upbeat and not worried at all. He said people are seening the influx of players leaving via the clearance page but not as yet have the players coming in been put up. We play them in a trial in a few weeks and I asked the question if he thinks he they would fill two sides and he said didn't see it being a problem.
Gee whiz I'd say the mighty Cougars would smash a full strength and flying Greenacres - let alone a struggling one.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:08 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:ad infinitum.

Sounds like a Harry Potter spell/curse
It is. It's a spell to mitigate stupidity.
morell
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:09 am

So someone speaks to the Greenacres coach and he is upbeat and positive and is confident they will get the numbers, but on here instead of getting behind that it gets dismissed by everyone who isn't involved at the club. No one would know better than where they are at than their coach imo.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:15 am

Arch44 wrote:So someone speaks to the Greenacres coach and he is upbeat and positive and is confident they will get the numbers, but on here instead of getting behind that it gets dismissed by everyone who isn't involved at the club. No one would know better than where they are at than their coach imo.

Unless the coach is living in a fantasy world.

Fact is clearances continue to come out of Greenies - cant see any going in..

I spoke with a Greenacres person on the weekend who was also upbeat, but he gave the impression they expect certain individuals to stick around even though they haven't signed - almost like he thought it was a given they'd play without speaking to them.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:18 am

Arch44 wrote:So someone speaks to the Greenacres coach and he is upbeat and positive and is confident they will get the numbers, but on here instead of getting behind that it gets dismissed by everyone who isn't involved at the club. No one would know better than where they are at than their coach imo.

I'm sure they will get the numbers, they always eventually do. How competitive they will be is the big question. What I'm hearing is they will have a lot of U18 types who will be entering their first 'senior' year. That's gonna be tough when a lot of older heads have left over the past 2-3 years.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby zedman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 am

exactly..the vultures circling need to STFU!

some are almost joyous to see claims of a demise..how about backing and supporting a struggling a club instead of kicking them in the teeth?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby morell » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 am

Nah. The coach is often the worst person to get an objective opinion because they're too close to it and obviously have to try and stay positive.

Our coach was upbeat before 2014 too.
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:46 am

im not happy that they are struggling i just say what i see with my own eyes but when you get 10-12 to train and you mix in with the girls team and we only few weeks away from first trial he wont have 21 fit blokes running out for the A grade

they have been caught cheating in the past using other players from other clubs to fill up the B grade so using players in trials who will not be at the club is pointless gives false hope
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:59 am

To be fair, they haven't been getting big numbers on the track for the last couple of years, but they still seem to fill both teams come Saturday.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:27 am

i know ive been away a couple of days but;

1) since when are Greenies in D7

2) they apparently are going to struggle at the beginning of any given year but they somehow come good

Leave the poor buggers alone in the meantime. let the proof be in the pudding.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby morell » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:37 am

Considering their rumoured playing budget I would be utterly staggered if they couldn't field two sides - unless they were planning something different and consolidating or investing in other areas.

I don't think they've had their AGM yet which would help set that direction.

And other than Starky everyone has been pretty polite and have merely been speculating about the possible permutations - as Greenacres not fielding two sides will affect everyone from D5 down. Not putting in some strategic thought about some contingency plans should that occur would be a dereliction of duty.
morell
Coach

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Maybe this might be an idea for another thread but if this is actually true, and the same with lots of other clubs whom have struggled over the last 5 -10 years, are there too many clubs to close to each other? The demographic of the kids these days have changed to when I played junior football and is it possible that all these clubs just can't survive? Will there have to be mergers to continue to keep clubs strong?
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby beef » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Maybe this might be an idea for another thread but if this is actually true, and the same with lots of other clubs whom have struggled over the last 5 -10 years, are there too many clubs to close to each other? The demographic of the kids these days have changed to when I played junior football and is it possible that all these clubs just can't survive? Will there have to be mergers to continue to keep clubs strong?

Clubs are too stubborn to merge. Cant even think of the last merger in the city. Clubs will die because kids want to play soccer these days. Junior footy is all about girls now
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby zedman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:06 pm

beef wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Maybe this might be an idea for another thread but if this is actually true, and the same with lots of other clubs whom have struggled over the last 5 -10 years, are there too many clubs to close to each other? The demographic of the kids these days have changed to when I played junior football and is it possible that all these clubs just can't survive? Will there have to be mergers to continue to keep clubs strong?

Clubs are too stubborn to merge. Cant even think of the last merger in the city. Clubs will die because kids want to play soccer these days. Junior footy is all about girls now

off the top of my head and the list goes back a few years:

Unley and Mercedes
Kenilworth and Burnside
Kenilworth and CLG
Smosh and West Lakes
Goodwood and St Raphaels
Alberton United, Ethelton & Riverside
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Changing demographic is a real. Ingle Farm were without any juniors for a while, but were able to re-establish when Walkley Heights was developed. With Greenacres not having juniors, Gepps Cross are in a perfect position to capture all of the kids from Oakden, Northgate and Lightsview and strengthen their juniors for many years.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby beef » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:19 pm

zedman wrote:
beef wrote:

off the top of my head and the list goes back a few years:

Unley and Mercedes
Kenilworth and Burnside
Kenilworth and CLG
Smosh and West Lakes
Goodwood and St Raphaels
Alberton United, Ethelton & Riverside

Cant really call Unley & Mercedes a merger.
Assuming you mean Burnside-Kensington (that wasnt very succesful)
Kenilworth & CLG - wasnt aware of that - assume they've since unmerged
The others i would say have been pretty good, however it would be interesting to know how a past player of say Riverside feels, would he rather a new side to support or do they feel like "their" club is dead
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League