Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby am Bays » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 am

Booney wrote:
Absolutely the Suns were smart, much smarter than the other two clubs who backed down when it was a home game they'd have to surrender. ( One of them plays in front of 17,000 in Tassie ).

With the greatest respect Booney, how much of GC involvement in this game is due to the AFL owning/bankrolling them and them basically being told you're doing it after others declined.

Good on GC I say for now being on board and milking it for all it's worth.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 am

Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Port forecasting doesn't have a great track record, we all know that, hence the sceptics.

When the chinese show some interest in the game and google their location, which one is going to appeal more to travelers and sponsors?

North traveling to Tasmania should attract a heap of tourists across Bass strait too.

North have over 7000 members signed up in Tassie.

And if you were a genuine North member you would be filthy at coughing up home games.
So wrong Jim - "genuine" North members are realistic & understand our situation. Insisting on playing only home games in Melb would be irresponsible, thus the need to promote the club elsewhere, same with Melbourne playing in the NT. We're not blessed with ample members like some of the so called "big" clubs. It's a move to survive and strengthen - so far it's worked very well.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:44 am

Jim05 wrote:I know we were interested at one stage but not prepared to give up a home game plus we are looking at the market in India and possibly testing the waters there in the next 5-10 years

Correct, you and North is what I am led to believe.

am Bays wrote:With the greatest respect Booney, how much of GC involvement in this game is due to the AFL owning/bankrolling them and them basically being told you're doing it after others declined.

Probably a fair bit, but there would have been a game there if the Suns had not got on board, no question.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I know we were interested at one stage but not prepared to give up a home game plus we are looking at the market in India and possibly testing the waters there in the next 5-10 years

Correct, you and North is what I am led to believe.

am Bays wrote:With the greatest respect Booney, how much of GC involvement in this game is due to the AFL owning/bankrolling them and them basically being told you're doing it after others declined.

Probably a fair bit, but there would have been a game there if the Suns had not got on board, no question.

Agree on the last part. The AFL would of forced a club to go there, probably one that receives a decent hand out from them. Better to give clubs the option of playing there than forcing someone to
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 am

AFL basically did, Travis you and your mob make sure you've all got valid passports.....

PS there might be some commercial opportunities with your colours matching those of China....

PPS we're not fussed if you get them instead of Port, it's all about the AFL brand and my KPIs.....

Rgds

Gil
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:05 am

TOURISM AUSTRALIA is the latest company to partner with the historic first AFL Premiership Season game in China.

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas welcomed the announcement by the AFL in Shanghai.

“This is another fantastic endorsement of our game in Shanghai,” Mr Thomas said.

“We’re very proud to be promoting not just the AFL and Australia’s Game, but Australian tourism as well.

“Our Open to the World campaign is generating significant interest from Australian business in China.

"Our pre-game Taste of Australia festival is the perfect place to promote everything that’s great about our country and Tourism Australia is a natural fit for that event."

The announcement in Shanghai was made by the AFL's general manager of football operations Mark Evans, with federal tourism minister the Hon Steve Ciobo MP.

The partnership will see Tourism Australia branding appear above the playing numbers on the Power's and Suns' playing guernseys.

“We have a great history of friendship between our two countries, but as someone who grew up in the Ballarat area, I'm pleased to know that the connection between the Chinese community and Australian Football goes back to the late 1800s in the Goldfields of Victoria,” Mr Evans said.

“With two teams of Chinese nationals - who had come to Australia to seek their fortune mining gold – competing in a match of Australian Rules Football in front of a largely European crowd, it is a brilliant early example of how sport has the ability to bring people together.

“With Tourism Australia's support, we have the ability to showcase Australia and Australia's Game to our friends here in China.

“This important friendship is worth investing in and we see our game as a great way in bringing Australia and China closer together. This is the first time the AFL will play a Toyota AFL Premiership Season match outside Australia and New Zealand and marks a significant moment in our game, and our country."

Port Adelaide plays Gold Coast at Jiangwan Stadium on May 14.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 am

Spargo wrote:17k is capacity in Tassie
17,000 was a big home crowd at Footy Pk not long ago...

20,000 capacity.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:24 am

Gee Kochie looking like a real goose at the moment...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:34 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Gee Kochie looking like a real goose at the moment...

Agree there.
Port doing well out of this and Koch just needs to shut his gob. Making threats to the AFL always backfires
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:54 am

Kochie always looks like a goose, but his profile has been a massive factor in the last few years and that has helped bring us back from the brink so goose it up all over the place as far as I'm concerned! :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:03 pm

He has said all their eggs are in the China basket, so understandable he is getting frisky when questions are being raised.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

And Gold Coast confirm it is not written in the contract on what jumper will be worn....who is lying?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Booney wrote:Kochie always looks like a goose, but his profile has been a massive factor in the last few years and that has helped bring us back from the brink so goose it up all over the place as far as I'm concerned! :D

Have to agree with this. When you have a president who has a national breakfast program as a platform, it is a massive asset for publicity and controlling what does and doesn't get out on his program *cough* impey *cough*
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:Kochie always looks like a goose, but his profile has been a massive factor in the last few years and that has helped bring us back from the brink so goose it up all over the place as far as I'm concerned! :D

But it must get annoying though? For all his good, he can be an embarrassment for the club...

I guess my club has been spoilt by one of the best in the business. Doesn't need a tv show to get his club popular

;) ;) ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Tough market that Sydney one, especially for a club that's only been around for 30 years. ;)

Koch reminds me of being a lad, growing up and meeting your mates Dad. You knew he was a goober, your mates would say he's a wanker, but you kind of thought it would be alright if he was your Dad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Booney wrote:Tough market that Sydney one, especially for a club that's only been around for 30 years. ;)

Koch reminds me of being a lad, growing up and meeting your mates Dad. You knew he was a goober, your mates would say he's a wanker, but you kind of thought it would be alright if he was your Dad.

you wish kochie was your dad?

that would be taking your port love to a whole new level haha
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Booney wrote:Tough market that Sydney one, especially for a club that's only been around for 30 years. ;)

Considering your team is from a footy state, kochies job should be a breeze... :)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Considering your team is from a footy state, kochies job should be a breeze... :)

Considering you had 7.5 million people to target all on your own until 3 years ago....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

But it must get annoying though? For all his good, he can be an embarrassment for the club...

I guess my club has been spoilt by one of the best in the business. Doesn't need a tv show to get his club popular

;) ;) ;)

OK. I'll bite. Who is it?
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Port missing any key defenders, they look small down back?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL