Australian tour of India 2017

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Postby Aerie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:02 am

One of the best wins I can remember seeing. Was looking forward to this series (to the point I got Foxtel Play just to watch it), but even more looking forward to the next Test now. The bowling attack is first class. The batting has been made solid by the inclusion of Renshaw at the top to partner Warner. I would bring Khawaja back to number 3 and push Shaun Marsh up to 6 (his last chance). Get rid of Mitch Marsh. Use Smith if we need a 5th bowler to bowl some overs and Warner if really desperate.

Credit to Wade as well. He has improved his keeping 100% from his first try at Test cricket. Clearly has a bit of mongrel about him as well which is exactly what Smith needs by his side. Hopefully he can start contributing more with the bat - as Hussey said, him and Mitch Marsh if he plays just need to make sure they can get at least 20's and 30's to push those totals up. Thankfully Starc did the job with the bat down the order this Test match.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby whufc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Aerie wrote:One of the best wins I can remember seeing. Was looking forward to this series (to the point I got Foxtel Play just to watch it), but even more looking forward to the next Test now. The bowling attack is first class. The batting has been made solid by the inclusion of Renshaw at the top to partner Warner. I would bring Khawaja back to number 3 and push Shaun Marsh up to 6 (his last chance). Get rid of Mitch Marsh. Use Smith if we need a 5th bowler to bowl some overs and Warner if really desperate.

Credit to Wade as well. He has improved his keeping 100% from his first try at Test cricket. Clearly has a bit of mongrel about him as well which is exactly what Smith needs by his side. Hopefully he can start contributing more with the bat - as Hussey said, him and Mitch Marsh if he plays just need to make sure they can get at least 20's and 30's to push those totals up. Thankfully Starc did the job with the bat down the order this Test match.

Smith wont bowl due to his back condition but even then i would still bring in Khawaja for Mitch Marsh and use Warner to bowl if required (admittedly Mitch's second innings and partnership with Smith was extremely handy to the point it may have been the difference between a 300- 400 run lead) but i think having Khawaja there just strengthens the batting slightly.

Now lets pray for Moonson rains in India for the next month lol.

Going to have a big one this Saturday, curry and beers is definitely on the cards this weekend for sure.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:29 pm

The more i think about it though i reckon India might try and create a pitch which less coin toss bias than what they usually produce.

They cant afford to produce a pitch which is a road for days 1 and 2. That could be a disaster 1 nil down in the series and then we win the toss and bat again.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:43 pm

How's the f**king Weasel, his opinion of the wicket would of been alot different if the shoe was on the other foot. Its YOUR curators that produce these pitches Harbhajan you twit.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/harbhaja ... 2017-02-26

After his 'worst team to tour' prediction backfired, Harbhajan has doubled down by questioning Stephen O'Keefe's record-breaking spell.

Former India spinner Harbhajan Singh has declined to praise first Test player of the match Stephen O'Keefe, saying he will wait until he plays on a "good Test match wicket" before sharing his views on the Australian.

Harbhajan says the pitch, where 40 wickets fell inside three days, played a significant part in O'Keefe's haul and Australia's upset victory.

"I will have to see (O'Keefe) bowl on a good Test match wicket," Harbhajan told the Indian Express. "Not this one. Till then, I will reserve my comments.

"To be honest, that wasn't a pitch. Test cricket should last five days.

"You cannot play on such wickets where anyone runs in to bowl and takes wickets.

"I have played in over 100 Tests, and I know how hard I had to work to earn every single wicket.

"When you prepare such a wicket, you are making conditions favourable for the opposition as well. That's what happened in Pune.

"When I say a good Test wicket, I mean a strip where the ball does not shoot up from the first day itself."

In the lead up to the first Test Harbhajan predicted a 4-0 result to the hosts and that Steve Smith's men were the "weakest Australian side to tour India".
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stampy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:26 pm

are indians the biggest bad losers ever, being unwilling and unable to give credit where it is due is the worst kind of poor sportsmanship, go eat a dick you c***s!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:44 pm

stampy wrote:are indians the biggest bad losers ever, being unwilling and unable to give credit where it is due is the worst kind of poor sportsmanship, go eat a dick you c***s!

Pretty sure Kohli in his post match interview conceded Australia played by far the better cricket and fully deserved their win.

but yeah, there's always the whingers that complain about everything else apart from admitting that they played crap.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:49 am

am Bays wrote:@Dutchy or any of the other admin, If @Booney posts anything in this thread about the outcome this match that may reflect a result that we would like to see before the game concludes, F***ing ban him!!!!!

Was going to call us "home" when we got them out for 107 in the 1st dig. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Jack » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:09 am

The last 43 wickets taken by Australia in Test Cricket against India and Pakistan
2 run outs
41 wickets taken by New South Wales players[Starc, Hazelwood, Okeefe, Lyon]
Jackson Bird is the last non New South Wales player to take a wicket[v Pakistan MCG]

The 20 wickets in the first test v India were all by the New South Wales bowlers
I wonder if thats happened before ?

The previous test v Pakistan[3rd test] , there were 2 run outs, stopping the 20 wicket clean sweep by New South Wales bowlers

If Mitch Marsh does not take a wicket , in the second test[if he plays] the trend is very likely to continue
Jack Bird and Glen Maxwell may halt the sequence if they get a gig in this series
Jack
Rookie

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 am

Just for the record, without Mitch Marsh's fine second innings knock we would've only won by 302 runs.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:17 am

Jack wrote:The last 43 wickets taken by Australia in Test Cricket against India and Pakistan
2 run outs
41 wickets taken by New South Wales players[Starc, Hazelwood, Okeefe, Lyon]
Jackson Bird is the last non New South Wales player to take a wicket[v Pakistan MCG]

The 20 wickets in the first test v India were all by the New South Wales bowlers
I wonder if thats happened before ?

The previous test v Pakistan[3rd test] , there were 2 run outs, stopping the 20 wicket clean sweep by New South Wales bowlers

If Mitch Marsh does not take a wicket , in the second test[if he plays] the trend is very likely to continue
Jack Bird and Glen Maxwell may halt the sequence if they get a gig in this series

Jackson Bird was born in Sydney too, therefore every wicket in the Aus v Pakistan series was a product of the NSW junior system (including runouts)
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Just for the record, without Mitch Marsh's fine second innings knock we would've only won by 302 runs.

Stat of the day!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Just for the record, without Mitch Marsh's fine second innings knock we would've only won by 302 runs.

True but you know the game better than most and would understand there is a huge pyschologocial difference between chasing 290 odd to win and 400

His innings when we had lost a couple of quicker wickets was far more valuable than the 31 runs suggests

That innings was the 5th highest score the match
whufc
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:18 pm

whufc wrote:

True but you know the game better than most and would understand there is a huge pyschologocial difference between chasing 290 odd to win and 400

His innings when we had lost a couple of quicker wickets was far more valuable than thev31 runs suggets

True but he is still a retard who should never have been in the team.
He has to go surely.
I'd give his brother one last chance though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Day 2 & 3 were two of my favourite test match days. Most certainly my favourite back to back days in the sub continent.

The result all the more sweeter after Harbijans pre game claims. The same claim made before the 89 Ashes tour by a former player.

The result all the more impressive when you consider our team only had 9 cricketers and 2 Marsh brothers
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:01 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Day 2 & 3 were two of my favourite test match days. Most certainly my favourite back to back days in the sub continent.

The result all the more sweeter after Harbijans pre game claims. The same claim made before the 89 Ashes tour by a former player.

The result all the more impressive when you consider our team only had 9 cricketers and 2 Marsh brothers

Well said, good to have you back posting Wristy. It's been awhile!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Day 2 & 3 were two of my favourite test match days. Most certainly my favourite back to back days in the sub continent.

Well said, good to have you back posting Wristy. It's been awhile!

Thanks mate, About 14 months.

I need somewhere to hang sh&t on India.

Should be a belter of a series, I still reckon they will get us 2-1 but it seems a lifetime ago since Hobart when we obviously bottomed out.

Hopefully the first test creates a bit of panic and self doubt. Losing 7/11 and 7/30ish will certainly build our confidence and implant some psychological demons.

2nd test should be a blinder.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 pm

I know all cricketing nations are steriotyped in some capacity but the amount of absolute idiots based in India who are completely delusional and comment on cricinfo is unreal. At least South African fans know their country has done stuff all in the grand scheme of things.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby helicopterking » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:52 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I know all cricketing nations are steriotyped in some capacity but the amount of absolute idiots based in India who are completely delusional and comment on cricinfo is unreal. At least South African fans know their country has done stuff all in the grand scheme of things.

The amount of Indian Cricket/Kohli Love boys on Cricket.com.au on Facebook is sickening.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:07 am

helicopterking wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I know all cricketing nations are steriotyped in some capacity but the amount of absolute idiots based in India who are completely delusional and comment on cricinfo is unreal. At least South African fans know their country has done stuff all in the grand scheme of things.

The amount of Indian Cricket/Kohli Love boys on Cricket.com.au on Facebook is sickening.

They're bad in comment sections on Youtube aswell, the arguments they have are hilarious. They get so abusive!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:05 am

Arguing with an indian about cricket is like rolling around in the mud with a pig. After a few hours you realize the pig likes it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket