Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:38 am

MW wrote:Not sure anyone would sign off on a marketing campaign making the club president come across as a sook is a good idea.

Sook, dick, tosser, flog, whinger - the list is endless with this bloke :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Ronnie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:40 am

I really can't work Koch out. He is no doubt very good commercially for Port and he (mostly) makes all the right noises. Port people almost all seem to respect him which is what really matters, He's been a massive part of weaning Port away from SANFL and AFL handouts. But every now and again his radar gets switched off and it's keystone cops time. Why he would highlight incompetence in public on the jumper issue, not only once, but a second time?? GC tell him to get nicked. AFL not involved and don't need to be. He's left looking a tad silly. But if the game is a success for Port then this will all be forgotten.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:43 am

Booney wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:To be honest, as a Port tragic, I couldn't give a continental about the Sun's and whatever guernsey they wear. If Gold Coast can make some money, sponsorships, and Chinese members from this venture, good on them. Kochy, it's not that big a deal. How about we focus on the match, and try to be successful on-field FFS.

I reckon it's marketing at it's finest. People can't stop talking about it, AFL.com, news.com, Facebook, Twitter, the 'Tiser, all of them running the story for days, people who couldn't care less about Port or the Suns getting fired up and throwing their 2c worth in. Money can't buy publicity like that.

Time to get on with the footy now though.

It makes port sound petty and disorganised
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:54 am

I watched some of Shanghai SIPG vs Western Sydney in the ACL last night.

Shanghai Fans.jpg
Shanghai Fans.jpg (7.63 KiB) Viewed 257 times

Shanghai Squad.jpg
Shanghai Squad.jpg (165.72 KiB) Viewed 257 times
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am

:lol: gold
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:58 am

:lol:

Spargo
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 am

The good news for Port is the Goal Keepers are wearing some sort of shade of teal.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times

Postby MW » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 am

We just need GC to wear gold sock now lol
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:10 am

Ronnie wrote:I really can't work Koch out. He is no doubt very good commercially for Port and he (mostly) makes all the right noises. Port people almost all seem to respect him which is what really matters, He's been a massive part of weaning Port away from SANFL and AFL handouts. But every now and again his radar gets switched off and it's keystone cops time. Why he would highlight incompetence in public on the jumper issue, not only once, but a second time?? GC tell him to get nicked. AFL not involved and don't need to be. He's left looking a tad silly. But if the game is a success for Port then this will all be forgotten.

Commercially it is already a success, we just need to win the match and, just as importantly, manage the travel load on the players for the weeks after.

Again, people on here can't talk about the game enough....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 am

Booney wrote:
Ronnie wrote:I really can't work Koch out. He is no doubt very good commercially for Port and he (mostly) makes all the right noises. Port people almost all seem to respect him which is what really matters, He's been a massive part of weaning Port away from SANFL and AFL handouts. But every now and again his radar gets switched off and it's keystone cops time. Why he would highlight incompetence in public on the jumper issue, not only once, but a second time?? GC tell him to get nicked. AFL not involved and don't need to be. He's left looking a tad silly. But if the game is a success for Port then this will all be forgotten.

Commercially it is already a success, we just need to win the match and, just as importantly, manage the travel load on the players for the weeks after.

The problem is, neither can Kochie - he is setting the agenda here
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:17 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

His agenda is what he see's as best for the PAFC and, to date, he's been doing the right thing by the club. He'll pipe down in a week or two when season proper kicks off and let the players do their thing. Right now he's got us all over all the media outlets and if it means he looks like a goose for the betterment of the club I'd say he would have no problems with that and neither do I.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:31 am

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

His agenda is what he see's as best for the PAFC and, to date, he's been doing the right thing by the club. He'll pipe down in a week or two when season proper kicks off and let the players do their thing. Right now he's got us all over all the media outlets and if it means he looks like a goose for the betterment of the club I'd say he would have no problems with that and neither do I.

There is a huge difference between being " a bit of a goose" and threatening a AFL owned and operated club. Was silly of him to even suggest that they will determine who plays them in China, just because Port "invented" the whole China thing doesn't mean the AFL won't step in if it's to their betterment, just ask North about FNF
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 am

Jim05 wrote:There is a huge difference between being " a bit of a goose" and threatening a AFL owned and operated club. Was silly of him to even suggest that they will determine who plays them in China, just because Port "invented" the whole China thing doesn't mean the AFL won't step in if it's to their betterment, just ask North about FNF

Port initiated an SA team in the AFL and got trumped, now initiating the China game and are getting owned again, perhaps the club needs to keep their cards closer to their chest and make less noise.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:There is a huge difference between being " a bit of a goose" and threatening a AFL owned and operated club. Was silly of him to even suggest that they will determine who plays them in China, just because Port "invented" the whole China thing doesn't mean the AFL won't step in if it's to their betterment, just ask North about FNF

Port initiated an SA team in the AFL and got trumped, now initiating the China game and are getting owned again, perhaps the club needs to keep their cards closer to their chest and make less noise.

Good point but it won't happen whilst you've got Koch & Thomas in charge.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:55 am

Spargo wrote:Good point but it won't happen whilst you've got Koch & Thomas in charge.

Definitely not, Kochie reminds me of the rich piss tank at your local footy club, all his good work comes unstuck when he's being an idiot and that's what everyone remembers him by.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:02 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Good point but it won't happen whilst you've got Koch & Thomas in charge.

May they long remain in charge, we're in the best off field position we've been in for a long, long time thanks to them. Now it's time for the players to do their bit on field.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:

Been quoted by numerous media\PAFC sources the venture is not a commercial success already. It's cost neutral that with a bit of "luck" will turn into a commercial success

Where have u sourced information to the contrary or are you just making up stuff again ??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby stan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:43 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:

Been quoted by numerous media\PAFC sources the venture is not a commercial success already. It's cost neutral that with a bit of "luck" will turn into a commercial success

Where have u sourced information to the contrary or are you just making up stuff again ??

If its anywhere but Cibos on the parade im calling bullshit.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Oh, UK, so it's cost neutral but not yet a financial success?

Yet, if Port went into this little exercise and lost money you'd strap your little boots on and kick and scream until all the toys were out the cot.

Instead Port have already had the game funded by sponsors, anything from here on in ( as I understand it ) is money in the kitty to the parties involved.

All going well this could potentially be a massive financial gain for Port and the AFL.

Meanwhile, kick away.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Booney wrote:Oh, UK, so it's cost neutral but not yet a financial success?

Yet, if Port went into this little exercise and lost money you'd strap your little boots on and kick and scream until all the toys were out the cot.

Instead Port have already had the game funded by sponsors, anything from here on in ( as I understand it ) is money in the kitty to the parties involved.

All going well this could potentially be a massive financial gain for Port and the AFL.

Meanwhile, kick away.....

So to clarify its not a commercial success yet. You've just made that statement up.

I Thought so.

Leopards don't change their spots as they say
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL