Australian tour of India 2017

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Still love the walking in on Moisés as he is having a flog. Funny as!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:22 pm

The Aussies have played this well. Score runs but batting as long as possible is the key. Ths thing will be a mine field tomorrow and if we can get 100 in front anything could happen.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:24 pm

There was a bit of luck but they gritted out a lot! Well battled by Australia...
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:31 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:There was a bit of luck but they gritted out a lot! Well battled by Australia...

Yep, nothing pretty out there today. Just grit. Ugly cricket but getting the job done

Also another positive is that Ashwin has bowled 41 overs so far. Add to the lot he bowled in the first test and then there will still be more to come. Thats a solid work load. Fatigue may start to become and issue for him.
stan
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:46 am

stan wrote:The Aussies have played this well. Score runs but batting as long as possible is the key. Ths thing will be a mine field tomorrow and if we can get 100 in front anything could happen.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Agree

We have done well this series to not lose big groups of wickets to often and quickly

In previous series it was common to see us collapse and lose 5/10, 6/25 etc

This series blokes are taking their time and keeping the Indians out there as long as possible
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jack » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:01 am

stan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:There was a bit of luck but they gritted out a lot! Well battled by Australia...

Yep, nothing pretty out there today. Just grit. Ugly cricket but getting the job done

Also another positive is that Ashwin has bowled 41 overs so far. Add to the lot he bowled in the first test and then there will still be more to come. Thats a solid work load. Fatigue may start to become and issue for him.

On top of Ashwins overs are the number of times he stops just before delivering the ball
Has there ever been a more stop start bowler in Test cricket ?
Jack
Rookie

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby stan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:15 am

Jack wrote:
stan wrote:

On top of Ashwins overs are the number of times he stops just before delivering the ball

It would also take alot of energy to appeal every 3rd ball.
stan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 am

So far in the series India in three innings have faced a total of 145 overs

Australia have faced 106 so far in this innings alone and a total of 288 overs in less than three innings. Nearly double already.

No wonder the Indian bowlers look tired. Our bowlers (apart from a few overs of Starc batting) did absolutely nothing yesterday. That will be key in Indians second Innings IMO.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby hawks21 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:22 am

stan wrote:
Jack wrote:
stan wrote:

It would also take alot of energy to appeal every 3rd ball.

Have to have luck in India to make runs! Every run we make today is like gold, those 80+ runs ahead we will be will feel like 300 on this deck. Stac licking his lips at every ball that skids!
Marsh and Renshaw brilliant! Wade at the end showed great application as well. India bowling that negative leg side line for 2 sessions to the left handers wasted a lot of energy. Renshaw and Marsh showed great patience to get through. I think India bowled that line way too long, Ashwin would have gone for more runs bowling around the wicket but would have taken wickets as well!

India’s over appealing and wicket celebrations stinks of desperation! Just like Kohli’s reviews!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 am

i think that leg side line ashwin was bowling was actually pretty good, usually keeping it tight and making the batsmen play risky shots works well in india, its just that the aussie batsmen played extremely well to not get sucked in. They knew they had lots of time to compile a score, so going at 2 an over or less was fine. They showed the application to actually stay at the crease, which I wouldn't have said of the aussie teams recently.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 am

bennymacca wrote:i think that leg side line ashwin was bowling was actually pretty good, usually keeping it tight and making the batsmen play risky shots works well in india, its just that the aussie batsmen played extremely well to not get sucked in. They knew they had lots of time to compile a score, so going at 2 an over or less was fine. They showed the application to actually stay at the crease, which I wouldn't have said of the aussie teams recently.

All about the application to stay at the wicket. Can we get 80+ runs in front? I hope so as the longer we can bat the tougher that lead will seam.
stan
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

Close to my version of an ideal test match - Plenty in it for the bowlers, and all batsmen have to apply themselves to the full limit, to avoid imminent collapse. Fascinating days play yesterday - Much sooner watch Renshaw dig in for 60 odd on a minefield than waltz to 150 on a batsman's paradise. Hopefully we can keep gutting it out and get the (sweetest of) choccies.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:56 am

Brodlach wrote:So far in the series India in three innings have faced a total of 145 overs

Australia have faced 106 so far in this innings alone and a total of 288 overs in less than three innings. Nearly double already.

No wonder the Indian bowlers look tired. Our bowlers (apart from a few overs of Starc batting) did absolutely nothing yesterday. That will be key in Indians second Innings IMO.

Ashwin has bowled over 3700 balls this summer in test cricket, thats 616 overs 47 a match.

Even though it is spin but the work you have to put on the ball at that level compared to the "rollers" we see in the sh!t cricket we play, no wonder some of the Indians look cooked.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Realistically we are going to get a lead of at least 70 and if someone connects with a few we will lead by at least 90-100. India lack structure to their bowling and fielding and they have not had much luck also. **** facing Starc on that deck, if we get 120 in front we won't have to bat again.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Would love to see Wade hit a 50 today.

He cops a lot of flack and i'm the first to admit i'm not a big fan of his ability (or lack thereof) but he definitely brings to the table a great attitude which is equally important to a young talented side as skill.

The bloke works hard, has aggression and plays to win. He would step in the ring with Conor McGregor and believe he could win the fight.

While he lacks talent he is perfect for the team needs right and here and now especially considering there isn't many other options at this point.
whufc
Coach

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:51 pm

I still don't particularly rate either Shaun Marsh or Matthew Wade but credit where credit is due they've both shown they've got a set in this innings.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 pm

42 to go, get it over 100 and it provides a significant mental hurdle for the Indians to overcome.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Did anyone else just hear Hayden give the young 'ball boy' shit by saying 'the young fella his been in a good paddock'

A bit uncalled for imho

It was when Wade hit the four of Sharma to third man
Last edited by whufc on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:02 pm

whufc wrote:Did anyone else just hear Hayden give the young 'ball boy' shit by saying 'the young fella his been in a good paddock'

A bit uncalled for imho

It was when Wade hit the four of Sharks to third man

Yep, not exactly a quality comment.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:04 pm

The next over and Brett Lee is now commentating with the same Indian gentlemen I wonder if that was a scheduled change or his been pulled
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket