Rumour re Media Coverage

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Postby Mickyj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:06 pm

therisingblues wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
saintal wrote:Another nail in the coffin if true.

And yes I did attend all but a couple of South games last year Mickyj, and yes, the decline is evident in more ways than one.

fair enough as i said i wasnt looking for an argument
Just seems many on this page do not go to the games yet appear to proudly say its dying but if you dont attend how do you know first hand .

I missed one Eagle game last year just in case anyone was going to mention that

Boom boom. Mickyj You've hit the nail on the head. If your watching it live or listening to the radio, chances are your not at the game. No benefit to any club you follow,

What if you attend most of your club's games, and cannot get to all of them for various reasons? Or you would like to tune in to another game of interest not involving your club? Perhaps there are people who do not attend very often, but after catching an exciting game on the radio decide to get down to the footy more often.

Sorry I only go to watch my team
I don't take the radio
I saw small amounts of channel 7 coverage last year that was shocking
I go I watch my team that's what interests me
So for me the media do what ever they do I pay my money join my club go watch the games
Sorry if I'm against the grain
But all this doom and gloom why is this site still working should it close down as well cause if no sanfl then what will the doom and gloom Sayers talk about ?
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Not pointing fingers at people "going against the grain" Micky.
I am actually glad that you are one of those that do attend just about every game. We need more like you.
The more promotion which is cut from the SANFL, the worse off the league will be. Radio is part of that. I think most posters who rue the loss of radio coverage of SANFL games are those worried by the loss of that exposure.
I do understand that personally it does not affect you, because you attend so often.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mickyj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:18 pm

therisingblues wrote:Not pointing fingers at people "going against the grain" Micky.
I am actually glad that you are one of those that do attend just about every game. We need more like you.
The more promotion which is cut from the SANFL, the worse off the league will be. Radio is part of that. I think most posters who rue the loss of radio coverage of SANFL games are those worried by the loss of that exposure.
I do understand that personally it does not affect you, because you attend so often.

And when I was working full time and very low paid I couldn't afford to go I'd listen once I got a health care card I could afford to go .
Then when wages went up I go back to games every week
Now no work way less money I have a concession card save 60 bucks on membership.

The sanfl is lucky to have me nearly dying but the last EBA I was in while working the employer was trying to bring in 7 day working week no weekends off no overtime paid no two days off together !!
If that happened I'd never hear the radio or see the tv I'd just be working the same low wage job 7 days a week
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:25 pm

therisingblues wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

And yes I did attend all but a couple of South games last year Mickyj, and yes, the decline is evident in more ways than one.

Just seems many on this page do not go to the games yet appear to proudly say its dying but if you dont attend how do you know first hand .

Boom boom. Mickyj You've hit the nail on the head. If your watching it live or listening to the radio, chances are your not at the game. No benefit to any club you follow,

What if you attend most of your club's games, and cannot get to all of them for various reasons? Or you would like to tune in to another game of interest not involving your club? Perhaps there are people who do not attend very often, but after catching an exciting game on the radio decide to get down to the footy more often.

I quite often used to listen to an SANFL game that didn't involve my team. I enjoy SANFL footy, both the game and the coverage (not tv coverage now the ABC don't have it) far more than AFL.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Anyway, a bit more on track, Ive seen first hand the amazing effort people like Phil H, Big Phil, etc etc have put in over the years.
These poor buggers have not only given up their weekends and hours during the week for radio shows, theyve has to get their own sponsors, make their own promotions, sell their products on sites like this, etc. These people have been a massive part of the SANFL for a lot of years and theyve gone way more than above and beyond the cause, if this rumour is true its basically the SANFL shitting on them and stifling any others like them coming through the ranks.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mickyj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Wedgie wrote:Anyway, a bit more on track, Ive seen first hand the amazing effort people like Phil H, Big Phil, etc etc have put in over the years.
These poor buggers have not only given up their weekends and hours during the week for radio shows, theyve has to get their own sponsors, make their own promotions, sell their products on sites like this, etc. These people have been a massive part of the SANFL for a lot of years and theyve gone way more than above and beyond the cause, if this rumour is true its basically the SANFL shitting on them and stifling any others like them coming through the ranks.

And one of those you just named used to get ridiculed I think on this site ( I think ) for his work at the Eagles
Now your patting him on the back
He was a great worker for the Eagles
Funny how what he did was ridiculed on a footy page
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:30 am

Wedgie wrote:Must admit this will suit me, I'll be quite happy watching games at home or the pub and don't mind paying for it but I hate to think of how much money they'll be missing out on that I'd normally spend at games. It's definitely a huge step backward as far as media coverage goes too, radio has been awesome for the SANFL since we'll before I was born, I thought the Crows were bringing more media coverage not less? More lies. RIP SANFL.

Yeah but then you'd have to invite all ya mates round. Drinking all ya beer and eating all ya crisps ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 am

Mickyj wrote:
locky801 wrote:Sad times, the SANFL is dying quicker than we all thought. Be interesting to see how much you will have to pay to get the stream. Once again SANFL supporters being taken for a ride. Hate to see what the comp will be like in a few years, No wonder people are heading out the the Amateurs, bit of hard biff footy, cheap food and booze and some atmosphere.

So by going by this bleak post SA footy will be closing its doors
Or am I reading your gloom and doom the wrong way
Cause all the people or most of them that are saying gloom and doom do they actually go to sanfl games any more ?
Guess if one doesn't attend one shouldn't say it's dead could be dead maybe it is but if people keeping crying it's dead with out going how do they actually know ? Just asking .
Not trying to have an argument but if honestly how do people know first hand if they aren't at games .

SAFooty has a very active amateurs board too Micky
From what I've read before, traffic is good elsewhere on the forum. Only SANFL boards are quieter than previous years which would support Locky's statement somewhat.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:47 am

therisingblues wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

or live far, far away ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:48 am

johntheclaret wrote:Yeah but then you'd have to invite all ya mates round. Drinking all ya beer and eating all ya crisps ;)

There's an obvious line here......
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:56 am

Wedgie wrote:Anyway, a bit more on track, Ive seen first hand the amazing effort people like Phil H, Big Phil, etc etc have put in over the years.

Agreed. I have a lot of respect for them and the radio teams who presented games each week.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:00 am

Wedgie wrote:R4P on The Roost posted this:
I heard that SANFL matches will not be broadcast on radio this year. !

This is correct, Life FM will not be broadcasting games in 2017. Not so much Lifes decision by the sound of it.

Might even hear the mainstream likes of Tom Rehn in the SANFL backed coverage.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Mickyj » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:30 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
locky801 wrote:Sad times, the SANFL is dying quicker than we all thought. Be interesting to see how much you will have to pay to get the stream. Once again SANFL supporters being taken for a ride. Hate to see what the comp will be like in a few years, No wonder people are heading out the the Amateurs, bit of hard biff footy, cheap food and booze and some atmosphere.

Cause all the people or most of them that are saying gloom and doom do they actually go to sanfl games any more ?
Guess if one doesn't attend one shouldn't say it's dead could be dead maybe it is but if people keeping crying it's dead with out going how do they actually know ? Just asking .
Not trying to have an argument but if honestly how do people know first hand if they aren't at games .

From what I've read before, traffic is good elsewhere on the forum. Only SANFL boards are quieter than previous years which would support Locky's statement somewhat.

So John why not close down that area of sa footy cause guys saying doom and gloom is crap reading
You are or we're a north fan
From what I've seen north lose games in a row north fans stay away win a few games fans come out of the wood work .
Eagles have a smaller fan base the same numbers turn up win or don't win
The AFL seconds that's a bad thing to say port Adelaide play the Eagles at oval ave basically no port fans can drive that far . Game at Alberton many port fans who couldn't drive five minutes up the road .
We can all say doom and gloom
But if you can't actually get to the game live too far away can't be bothered to drive five minutes up the road or hate the AFL in the comp.
If you don't attend how can you actually say it's dying with out going and watching
That's my point
Attend then say it's dead
Don't go why beat your chest and yell doom and gloom
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:48 am

Mickyj wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

So John why not close down that area of sa footy cause guys saying doom and gloom is crap reading
From what I've seen north lose games in a row north fans stay away win a few games fans come out of the wood work .
The AFL seconds that's a bad thing to say port Adelaide play the Eagles at oval ave basically no port fans can drive that far . Game at Alberton many port fans who couldn't drive five minutes up the road .
But if you can't actually get to the game live too far away can't be bothered to drive five minutes up the road or hate the AFL in the comp.
If you don't attend how can you actually say it's dying with out going and watching
That's my point

is that you Dog-ger??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

or live far, far away ;)

Yes, that's right John. How quickly I forget! :lol:
Sat glued to the broadcast over the internet, many a time.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:21 pm

am Bays wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

That's my point

is that you Dog-ger??

He does know Johnny Pops lives somewhere north of the Scottish Highlands no?
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:58 pm

But did he not make an effort to attend a GF a few years back??? If so, bandwagonner!!! Lol
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby VALE PARK » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:32 pm

I can't understand why the SANFL don't just pay a few dollars for a radio coverage.
I reckon it a really cheap way to market the game.
The old league does appear doomed to me,sadly.
p.s
The byes also are a serious part of the demise.
Rome is burning.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:41 pm

I sincerely hope this is not true. Given half the chance, I would be at the games like a shot but as I live in Sydney that is not feasible. Whenever I am in Adelaide, I always go and watch my beloved Roosters (have followed them for over 50 years and not about to change!!). I will be sending a message to the SANFL with my concerns also. Keep your fingers crossed that there will be a change of heart.
A North Adelaide Roosters Fan for life!
Sandy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 am

Sandy wrote:I will be sending a message to the SANFL with my concerns also. Keep your fingers crossed that there will be a change of heart.

When Olsen finds his heart I'm sure he'll tell you he's open to changing it. Particularly if he gets a good enough offer for it.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL