Rumour re Media Coverage

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Postby stan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:27 am

Magellan wrote:
Sandy wrote:I will be sending a message to the SANFL with my concerns also. Keep your fingers crossed that there will be a change of heart.

When Olsen finds his heart I'm sure he'll tell you he's open to changing it. Particularly if he gets a good enough offer for it.

Lol when he finds it. Lol, that makes the assumption he has one.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 am

Hopefully the video coverage of every game not on C7 will be a bonus for our overseas friends, I hope they make it available worldwide.
If not I'm sure we have some tech gurus who might be able to give them instructions on how to set up an overseas IP for them.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 am

stan wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Sandy wrote:I will be sending a message to the SANFL with my concerns also. Keep your fingers crossed that there will be a change of heart.

When Olsen finds his heart I'm sure he'll tell you he's open to changing it. Particularly if he gets a good enough offer for it.

Lol when he finds it. Lol, that makes the assumption he has one.

He's got one. He borrowed a plastic one from AFL House and tunes it in to FiveAA to make sure its working properly.

His real heart, however, is either stored in a safe deposit box at the bank or under his mattress. Every couple of years he plugs it in to make sure it still works in case he has to sell out. There's good money in unused body parts.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby matt35 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:54 pm

This may well be the end of me attending games if it is true. Being completely blind I rely on having a radio commentary of the game to allow me to get full enjoyment, to barrack like everyone else etc. Streaming the commentary is useless for me when I am at a game, because the nature of streaming means that the commentary is a good several seconds behind the actual play. I have tried it, it is hopeless.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby am Bays » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:57 pm

matt35 wrote:This may well be the end of me attending games if it is true. Being completely blind I rely on having a radio commentary of the game to allow me to get full enjoyment, to barrack like everyone else etc. Streaming the commentary is useless for me when I am at a game, because the nature of streaming means that the commentary is a good several seconds behind the actual play. I have tried it, it is hopeless.

This makes me sad.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:01 pm

matt35 wrote:This may well be the end of me attending games if it is true. Being completely blind I rely on having a radio commentary of the game to allow me to get full enjoyment, to barrack like everyone else etc. Streaming the commentary is useless for me when I am at a game, because the nature of streaming means that the commentary is a good several seconds behind the actual play. I have tried it, it is hopeless.

Sorry to hear that mate I never knew you were blind and hopefully the SANFL reconsiders and put at least one game a weekend on radio for you and others in your shoes.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby darley16 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:34 pm

It is for Matt35 and many others that radio broadcasts are so vital for their continued involvement in our community, particularly in regard to traditional sports broadcasts like the SANFL.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Is there some sort of reading app that gives a computer voice to blog messages and the like?
Very sorry to hear that you will be affected so directly by the loss of radio broadcasting, if indeed, we do end up losing it.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

therisingblues wrote:

Is there some sort of reading app that gives a computer voice to blog messages and the like?
Very sorry to hear that you will be affected so directly by the loss of radio broadcasting, if indeed, we do end up losing it.

Life won't be doing any games, TRB.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby matt35 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

I use an app called JAWS. Basically it will read any text on the screen and convert it to speech. It also says each letter as I type it in. My iPhone has a similar app, called Voiceover. which allows me full access to the internet via my phone. All this has really only happened in the last 20 years.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Postby therisingblues » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:53 pm

matt35 wrote:
Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

I use an app called JAWS. Basically it will read any text on the screen and convert it to speech. It also says each letter as I type it in. My iPhone has a similar app, called Voiceover. which allows me full access to the internet via my phone. All this has really only happened in the last 20 years.

Cheers Matt.
I am a little behind the times in many respects, so it might not be much for someone like me to say I'm impressed by that piece of technology. Others are probably reading this and thinking, "Of course!"
Does the app do a different voice for each poster? Or is it a standard computer voice, or do you program it?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Will ANYBODY be doing any games?
Where's Big Phil? I'll wait for the big fella to come on here and tell us it is so before I believe it.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby PhilH » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:13 pm

I'll save you the wait .... there will be no SANFL broadcasts on Life FM this year.

Not really in a position to say too much more ...

Stay tuned for further official announcements as to how games will be covered this year.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Jimmy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 am

I know you can buy sturt live stream as an add on to a membership package. I'll be doing that this year. Sad that no radio coverage will happen.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:25 am

Really sad to hear, matt35, and another one of the thousand cuts killing the SANFL. Hopefully a white knight can come to our rescue.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 am

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Where's Big Phil? I'll wait for the big fella to come on here and tell us it is so before I believe it.

You're welcome, TRB. ;)

7 do a game, SANFL stream the others.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:46 am

What cost for streaming??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What cost for streaming??

Who knows, there might be a subscription fee. Like Jimmy notes, you can add on to a membership to get streaming through your club website.

Either way, which is bullshit, the days of the tranny on the rainwater tank as you potter around the backyard are gone and the SANFL is to blame.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby matt35 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:18 am

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

It is a standard voice, the same for each poster. I can change the standard voice if I want to, i.e I can choose between male and female voices, different accents, languages etc. Similarly with Voiceover on the iPhone.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Postby matt35 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 am

Just recently it was announced that community radio station Radio Adelaide would be covering, wait for it, Friday night AFL! The purpose of community radio is to fill voids not filled by mainstream media. Given that in Adelaide we can choose from three different radio coverages of Friday night AFL, plus the television, I struggle to see how this can be justified. Now it appears we will have no station covering the SANFL, this is where they should be going.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL