1%
Tea Tree Gully
8%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9AFL Division 1 - 2017

Postby the joker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:44 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
jo172 wrote:Maybe the rumours re the CFL have some teeth?

Not sure if there is any connection or not, but I got word from a couple of paid staff members in the club, that they were asked to work shifts without getting paid (the club would owe them and pay them later) due to financial struggles.

Pretty surprising to hear this about SN, as they have always been the most financial club in the league.

If this is true, then could this be linked as to why players are leaving?

Not saying this is true (although the staff being asked to not be paid is pretty accurate), but it's all very interesting.....

Big worry considering we are only 6 weeks out from the start of the season. Their best players last year were Stengle, Morgante, Solly, Sharpe, Clinch, Drainer, Evans and Hay. I'm not seeing any of these guys being cleared away. Plenty of talent to build a team around....if they stay!
all those players are still playing. Plus Rhys Clinton returning. As well as a couple good recruits about to sign. And don't be surprised if a couple that were cleared, come. Sick before the season starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Postby the joker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 am

Good too see the league giving SN are good start to the year. What s joke. How can they fixture 1 side to have 7 away games and 2 home games in the first 9 games. They finish with three games at home in a row.
But we all know how hard it is too win away games and once you start getting behind the 8 ball as in wins and losses. It's hard to come back. You would never see them fixturing the college sides like this.

God work SAAFL

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby Feenix » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 am

the joker wrote:Good too see the league giving SN are good start to the year. What s joke. How can they fixture 1 side to have 7 away games and 2 home games in the first 9 games. They finish with three games at home in a row.
But we all know how hard it is too win away games and once you start getting behind the 8 ball as in wins and losses. It's hard to come back. You would never see them fixturing the college sides like this.

God work SAAFL

Wow thats pretty poor planning by the league. On the flip side they could come home strong with good form coming into finals.
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:48 am

watched Rostrevor OC on the weekend will be very hard to beat
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 am

My suspicion is that Goodwood, ROCS and PNU will have caught up to PAOC to the extent they're not as dominant as they were in 2016. Guessing a very even top 4, and then a reasonable fall away to fifth (raffle between Port Districts, Modbury and Adelaide Uni).
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 am

the joker wrote:Good too see the league giving SN are good start to the year. What s joke. How can they fixture 1 side to have 7 away games and 2 home games in the first 9 games. They finish with three games at home in a row.

God work SAAFL

As long as it's 9 and 9 who really cares, perhaps there is good reason.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7936 times

Postby the joker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 am

Yeah but it is also the money. A lot of clubs could not survive with that much lost bar takings so early in the year.

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby Executive Member » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 am

God work SAAFL

Looks like 3 not 2

1 08/04/17 (Sat) 14:15 Goodwood Oval Goodwood Saints View
2 22/04/17 (Sat) 14:15 Largs Reserve Port District View
3 29/04/17 (Sat) 14:15 Salisbury North Oval Modbury View
4 06/05/17 (Sat) 14:15 University Oval Adelaide University View
5 13/05/17 (Sat) 14:15 Campbelltown Memorial Oval Rostrevor OC View
6 20/05/17 (Sat) 14:15 Salisbury North Oval Prince Alfred OC View
7 27/05/17 (Sat) 14:15 Salisbury North Oval Payneham NU View

8 03/06/17 (Sat) 14:15 Pertaringa Oval Tea Tree Gully View
9 17/06/17 (Sat) 14:15 Caterer Oval St Peters OC View
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:04 am

which source are you using EM? I just looked at SP on the league website and only came up with 2. Round 3 and 7

*edit - ahhh, round 6 is showing PAOC v Salisbury North (being named second) but at Salisbury North oval on this link http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?round=6&a=ROUND&client=1-114-0-428922-0&pool=1

Has anyone from the club raised this Joker?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1740 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 am

Footy Chick wrote:which source are you using EM? I just looked at SP on the league website and only came up with 2. Round 3 and 7

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info. ... 394&a=SFIX
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Executive Member » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 am

Footy Chick wrote:which source are you using EM? I just looked at SP on the league website and only came up with 2. Round 3 and 7

Round 6 has PAOC named first but at Salisbury North Oval - must be a system glitch on that one
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:13 am

God work SAAFL

Has happened to us for the last 10 odd years :roll:

Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am

Ok @The Joker I've raised it on your behalf - although it seems that you were listed as the away team v's PAOC at Salisbury Nth Oval in R6.

Quote HQ:

The fixture generator spits out a draw. If the Fixture generator can’t fix a problem, the league has to do it manually and they’ve done that now so now you have 4 home games.

To quote HQ “I’d be pissed off too if I only had 2 matches but thanks for letting us know, we’ll fix it”

Probably would’ve helped if someone from your club actually raised it with them given they have 80 clubs to sort through because this was fixed in about 3 minutes and would’ve saved you from a meltdown. ;) Don't say I don't do nothin' for ya ;)

Dolphin Treasure, it has to happen to you every year because you're the home of the Clipsal Concert Ground. I thought this was always at CBC's request. (well not request but you just couldn't have games there)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:31 am

the joker wrote:Yeah but it is also the money. A lot of clubs could not survive with that much lost bar takings so early in the year.

My apologies, I was unaware that you are linked to Salisbury North.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7936 times

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Didn't realise TTG are a college side. They start Div 7 with 6 of their first 9 at home. Will win the flag by the length of the straight!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Trader wrote:

Didn't realise TTG are a college side. They start Div 7 with 6 of their first 9 at home. Will win the flag by the length of the straight!

Which would mean their A grade would only have 3 at home in the first 9 as well then? They don't use the bottom oval for seniors (C grade) at all do they?

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Trader wrote:

Which would mean their A grade would only have 3 at home in the first 9 as well then? They don't use the bottom oval for seniors (C grade) at all do they?

Div 7 starts a week before D1, their A1 team could still have 4?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Albeit oddly enough TTG have four home games in a row between Round 13 and 16.

Wouldn't have thought the algorithim would spit that out often.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:04 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Trader wrote:

Div 7 starts a week before D1, their A1 team could still have 4?

Ah, of course, I didn't take that into account.

Footy Chick

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 pm

jo172 wrote:My suspicion is that Goodwood, ROCS and PNU will have caught up to PAOC to the extent they're not as dominant as they were in 2016. Guessing a very even top 4, and then a reasonable fall away to fifth (raffle between Port Districts, Modbury and Adelaide Uni).

So, you have TTG fighting it out with Salisbury North and SPOC for relegation?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League