So how about that media coverage eh?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:04 pm

So does the SANFL not want any radio stations to broadcast it games or do no radio stations want to do it?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Panther Pack wrote:So does the SANFL not want any radio stations to broadcast it games or do no radio stations want to do it?

I believe Life FM wanted to broadcast games.

But those roles would be filled by ( mostly ) independent thinkers and not SANFL apologists.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm

saintal wrote:So this year i'll be able to tune into Uraidla v Mt Lofty on Hills radio and will have a choice of 4 stations covering the AFL, but wont be able to pick up a SANFL game. :?

Local Grassroots footy seems to have good radio coverage these days, SANFL now has NIL, hard not to think that the SANFL/AFL master plan of dumbing down the league to be a development one is working, therefore eliminating much of their cost base.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:So does the SANFL not want any radio stations to broadcast it games or do no radio stations want to do it?

I believe Life FM wanted to broadcast games.

But those roles would be filled by ( mostly ) independent thinkers and not SANFL apologists.

Wow that is truly a bizarre decision by the SANFL, surely it would be more beneficial for the league to have a radio broadcast partner.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm

I've shot off a message to the SANFL asking what's happening, will post the reply if/when I get one.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:04 pm

SANFL fans will have the perfect opportunity to support their favourite club via the 2017 SANFL Macca’s League Digital Pass.

For the first time, matches will be live-streamed and available on demand in high definition through the SANFL website and Official SANFL App.

This will provide supporters with great flexibility in being able to watch all of their team’s games in 2017.

SANFL General Manager Football, Adam Kelly, explained why the SANFL has invested in the digital pass: “It is sometimes just not possible to be at the ground watching your team. The digital pass allows you to stay in touch with all the action, no matter where you may be. This is an exciting initiative that significantly extends the reach of the competition.”

Signing up for the 2017 SANFL Macca’s League Digital Pass will also benefit SANFL clubs financially, with funds being injected back into each supporter’s nominated club.

As a bonus for SANFL club members, SANFL Macca’s League Digital Pass subscriptions will be heavily discounted at just $29.99 for the season or $5.99 for a month’s access.

For non-members the season pass will be priced at $74.99 and $14.99 for a month.

The SANFL Macca’s League Digital Pass will be ideal for ardent fans living overseas, interstate and in regional communities wanting to stay in touch with the action from afar.

Once signed up, fans will have access to all of their favourite team’s games live and will also be able to access an archive of all of their team’s games at any stage through the season as long as their subscription is active.

Each live stream will feature play-by-play commentary.

To sign up for your team’s SANFL Macca’s League Digital Pass, visit digitalpass.sanfl.com.au and click on your club.

“In season 2017, beyond the family friendly, up close, exciting and safe environments you will experience at the ground, you can follow the SANFL Macca’s League in more ways than ever before,” Kelly said.
”Channel 7 will broadcast the game of the week on the main channel, you will have access to a call of every game via SANFL radio on the SANFL app, comprehensive stats and scores will be provided through the app and website and now the digital pass will allow you to watch your team on the device of your choice or on full screen via a smart TV.”
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 pm

DIGITAL PASS FAQ

Q.How do I join?
A.Simply go to your SANFL Club’s website and follow the ‘Digital Pass’ links.

Q. How much does it cost if I’m not a member?
A. Cost are as little as $14.99 for a 30 Day Pass, or $74.99 for the entire season.

Q. What games can I see access?
A. Digital Pass subscribers can view all of your club’s home and away games for the Season.

Q. Why can’t I access all SANFL games?
A.Season Passes are sold by each SANFL Club. These provide access to each of the Club’s 18 home and away games.

Q. Why isn’t the Channel 7 broadcast game available live?
A. The SANFL Macca’s League Game of the Week will be shown live on Channel Seven Adelaide.|
Free to air broadcast is important for the continued health of our competition. Whilst these games can’t be viewed live via the digital pass, they can be viewed in replay.

Q. Can I watch a game from two rounds ago?
A. Yes, you can view any game played during the current season.

Q. What is the quality like?
A. Quality is dependent of both the device being used and your internet/wifi connection. Games are streamed in HD, 720p, 520p and 360p.

Q. What sort of internet speed/quality will I need to view?
A. Digital Pass has been developed to ensure it can be used via majority of connections, including HD, 720p, 520p and 360p. Your device will usually choose the most applicable size automatically.

Q. Where do I log in?
A. To access to pass you need to visit https://digitalpass.sanfl.com.au/
You’ll need to use the same username and password when purchasing the Digital Pass through your club’s Sportsubs page.

Q. Can I watch it on my smart tv?
A. Yes. This can be achieved directly via your TV, Apple TV or Google Chrome Cast by either;

Downloading the SANFL App and clicking on Digital Pass from main menu
Entering your Club’s website and clicking on the Digital Pass link
Entering the URL : https://digitalpass.sanfl.com.au/
Q. Who gets the money from this?
A. Revenue generated from sales of Digital Passes will be retained by your Club

Q. Does it come with commentary?
A. Yes, SANFL radio commentary is integrated seamlessly with each digital broadcast. Additionally, scores, statistics and a time clock appear on each broadcast.

Q. Will it have replays?
A. Users can do one of two things to obtain replays;

Press the 10 second review button on the bottom left of the screen – this will replay the previous 10 seconds of play.
Drag the timeline bar located at the bottom of the screen to any previous point in the game.
Q. What if I purchase the pass, and then sign up as a club member afterwards – do I still get the discount?
A. Unfortunately the system is unable to provide partial refunds. You should speak directly with your Club regarding your options.

Q. What if I can’t remember my log in details?
A. You can retrieve both your membership number (prefixed with an F) and or password by clicking on forgot ID or Password function on the Digital Pass access page.
NB – Whether logging in via the website or mobile device, your details should be saved for the next time you log in on the same device

Q. If I purchase the season pass part way through the year, how is the purchase price determined?
A. The season price will be reflective of the amount of games left in the season. For example, when 50% of the season remains, the Season Pass will be 50% of the cost

Q. If I have technical difficulties, who should I contact?
A. In most cases, any technical difficulties will be identified before reaching the customer. The below can be used as a general rule;

Unable to login to Digital Pass
Reset your password via the forgot password/log in
Contact your Club during normal business hours to check your account status
Can log in but unable to view games
This is likely to be due to your internet/wifi connection
If the problem is within the Digital Pass a notification will be posted on screen.
Something happens during the game
It is likely that we are already working to resolve the issue. Notification will be posted on screen to keep you informed.
Q. Will SANFL finals be included in the price?
A. SANFL Finals will be included in the Season Pass. This pass expires at the end of September. These will be shown following the completion of each Channel Seven broadcast. If you wish to watch the SANFL Finals Series but do not hold a Digital Season Pass you can purchase a 30 day live pass.

Q. Why can my friend access the Women’s League games for free when they didn’t pay for a Digital Pass?
A. The Women’s League Digital Pass is free for everyone. Your Digital Pass will allow you access to watch your Club’s Macca’s League matches which can only be accessed through a paid Digital Pass.

Q. Why can’t I purchase an AFC Digital Pass?
A. The Club was invited to participate this year however have chosen not to. They will look at participating in 2018. Please contact your Club for further information.

Q. Why can’t I purchase a PAFC Digital Pass?
A. The Club was invited to participate this year however chose not to. They will look at participating in 2018. Please contact your Club for further information.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Good news that people like JTC will be able to see every game.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:26 pm

So it's anywhere from $30 to $75 to get all your clubs games, live. ( Other than the ones shown on C7 )

I assume the "radio" call will just be the TV stream audio, can't see them having two broadcast teams at each ground. I'd be interested if those calling the game change their "style" to suit radio ( paint a picture ) or TV ( describe a picture )?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:36 pm

I just had a look at one of the womens game and good to see/hear John Casey involved.
Quality seems pretty good.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Got my reply, had to giggle as nowhere in my message to them did I mention my name on here, big brother is watching. :lol:

Hi Anthony (Wedgie),

Thanks for your message.

Free radio commentary will be available live through the Official SANFL App. This will include every game not broadcast by Channel 7 throughout the 2017 season.

Games will be available to watch online, which is fantastic news for fans. For further information we suggest you visit your club's website or digitalpass.sanfl.com.au

Thank you
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:46 pm

How about selling the streaming rights to Netflix ??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby saintal » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Booney wrote:So it's anywhere from $30 to $75 to get all your clubs games, live. ( Other than the ones shown on C7 )

I assume the "radio" call will just be the TV stream audio, can't see them having two broadcast teams at each ground. I'd be interested if those calling the game change their "style" to suit radio ( paint a picture ) or TV ( describe a picture )?

$90 per season for the AFL equivalent (198 games in total), or free if you're a telstra customer. The SANFL product is steep in comparison given its limited to 18 games, but at least the option is now available which is a step in the right direction.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby goddy11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:46 pm

interesting PAP and the crows not involved.
Also
I cant see any issues with the plan. As a member I can trial it for $5.99 or buy a season $29.99.
"As a bonus for SANFL club members, SANFL Macca’s League Digital Pass subscriptions will be heavily discounted at just $29.99 for the season or $5.99 for a month’s access.
For non-members the season pass will be priced at $74.99 and $14.99* for a month."
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby scott » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Just bought my digital pass then, but only plan to use it to watch the replays!

As a side note, the total lack of radio is shyte as I think it's absolutely critical to this competition. More than a lot of people realise. Radio offers the most convenient reach than all other forms of media - ie. listening at the game, driving in the car, while gardening, etc.

If it was possible for the SANFL re-engage with their long-time community radio partners RPH and LifeFM or maybe some new ones like Radio Adelaide (might cost a few $$, but they were willing to spend far more on the women's comp - which I think is great, btw), it would do the competition a world of good.
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm

If they can organise the audio streaming to not be delayed it'll be the best of both worlds. Video killed the radio star.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby RB » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Booney wrote:So I assume the "radio" call will just be the TV stream audio, can't see them having two broadcast teams at each ground. I'd be interested if those calling the game change their "style" to suit radio ( paint a picture ) or TV ( describe a picture )?

Good point. There is actually a big difference.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:If they can organise the audio streaming to not be delayed it'll be the best of both worlds. Video killed the radio star.

For the IT or tech savvy people out there, how hard would it be to do this?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 pm

RB wrote:
Booney wrote:So I assume the "radio" call will just be the TV stream audio, can't see them having two broadcast teams at each ground. I'd be interested if those calling the game change their "style" to suit radio ( paint a picture ) or TV ( describe a picture )?

Good point. There is actually a big difference.

I would have thought it would be somewhere in between so there is a happy medium between the two.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL