Rumour re Media Coverage

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Postby locky801 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:05 pm

great idea as for the points raised by Mr Wedgie earlier but think it will have even a bigger affect on people not going to the footy.

If it is just the one camera angle as stated may cause a few griefs, have seen it used in U18's is ok but u miss alot as it is not a wide lens camera.

Hopefully they upgrade, again though think it is a good idea, i wont be however buying it, who wants to pay that much money to see your side lose every week ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3704 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Spargo wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Id never put a radio on in a pub but can quite easily have my phone on muted.

In 86 the bloke who worked for me got married on the 2nd semi final, most of the people attending were from Kapunda & the west coast, almost all North barrakers. The racket that went up after every goal while the ceremony was on shit the bride no end.
My own wedding was on Cox Plate day, could just hear the priest over the earphones listening to the Group 1's.
Moral of the story..........Take at least a mild interest in your wedding preparations.......

My folks were getting married GF day 1973 - when the Bays made it, Dad postponed the wedding a week
Still together 44 years on

Women aren't as forgiving as they once were in the day! ;)
Imagine some poor bloke trying to pull that off these days........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Grenville » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Id never put a radio on in a pub but can quite easily have my phone on muted.

In 86 the bloke who worked for me got married on the 2nd semi final, most of the people attending were from Kapunda & the west coast, almost all North barrakers. The racket that went up after every goal while the ceremony was on shit the bride no end.
My own wedding was on Cox Plate day, could just hear the priest over the earphones listening to the Group 1's.
Moral of the story..........Take at least a mild interest in your wedding preparations.......

My folks were getting married GF day 1973 - when the Bays made it, Dad postponed the wedding a week

I reckon any bloke trying that these days would end up pulling it off.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 pm

He'll be pulling it a lot for an extended period after that too! ;)
Last edited by amber_fluid on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 pm

I just got away with telling my lady I didn't want to go out with her mother and friends on mother's yacht and and stay for dinner on Sunday because the Crow's opening match was on TV. Of course we are both mature age people who grew up "in the day" when people had some sense of priority...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:

I was born in the mid 60's September, on a Saturday. North played Port that day in a semi final at Adelaide oval. My old man turned up to the hospital after the game. I was already born.... he was before his time, visionary!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm

clearly North lost that day then...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:53 pm

$600 to sign up for all 8 clubs so you can see every game...seems like a good deal :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Locky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:12 am

As an overseas resident, the AFL is $125, for live access to all games, with professional commentary and multiple cameras, plus few extras like Brownlow etc and fox footy channel included. Clearly the SANFL feel they have a far superior product to charge 5 times as much (even at $600 you wouldn't get the Port / Crows games - though why would you want to watch that cr@p) for half the number of matches (It must be due to the much higher wages the SANFL clubs can pay their players c.f. the AFL :shock: :shock: :shock: )

The SANFL is in freefall, if it were a dog you'd take it to the vet and put it out of it's misery. The saddest part is it's deliberately being destroyed, not even the current administrators could be so stupid to make the decisions they have if they had genuine intentions.
Locky

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:55 am

At least someone thinks it's a good idea.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:24 am

At the end of the day a majority of people are only interested in watching their own team play, for those that are members the SANFL version is a third of the price of the AFL pass. The AFL pass is designed for mobile devices only. The AFL pass money does not go to your club.
Last year I had about 2 live streams to watch, this year itll be about 16. That works out about $2 for each of which goes to my club, theres no way I could complain about that.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 am

Wedgie wrote:At the end of the day a majority of people are only interested in watching their own team play, for those that are members the SANFL version is a third of the price of the AFL pass. The AFL pass is designed for mobile devices only. The AFL pass money does not go to your club.
Last year I had about 2 live streams to watch, this year itll be about 16. That works out about $2 for each of which goes to my club, theres no way I could complain about that.

I tend to agree,

I will definitely consider buying and im only interested in Centrals game so doesn't bother me all games aren't shown.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby goddy11 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:At the end of the day a majority of people are only interested in watching their own team play, for those that are members the SANFL version is a third of the price of the AFL pass. The AFL pass is designed for mobile devices only. The AFL pass money does not go to your club.

I tend to agree,

I will definitely consider buying and im only interested in Centrals game so doesn't bother me all games aren't shown.

Getting a bit of sense now into thread now. I would only watch my club as well although I will be at most of the games live. It seems good value.
Anyway for those that want coverage of all other team games, how could you watch all 5 games being played at the same time.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby wild dog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Getting a bit of sense now into thread now. I would only watch my club as well although I will be at most of the games live. It seems good value.
Anyway for those that want coverage of all other team games, how could you watch all 5 games being played at the same time.

The criticism relates to a comparison of costs with the AFL and the quality of the product. Each game is available for replay, it does not need to be watched live. Notwithstanding my opinion that the digital pass is a positive development, if you were a fan of the league and wanted to watch each game, it would be an expensive product for what is a single camera broadcast with an amateur (although enthusiastic and enjoyable) commentary team. The AFL would make a great deal of money off of their Telstra deal; the SANFL essentially has to pay for the broadcasts although the cameras are already a locked in expense.

I like the alternative/amateur feel of the SANFL broadcasts. I like the interviews with the players which are often raw and not the highly trained media / matey stuff where each guy tries desperately to have their own shtick. Its why the realignment of the league to fit in with the AFL has been so disappointing; they had a great product. To a certain audience, the SANFL was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully this years digital pass is a start, we get a healthy subscription and companies take notice and create entire league packages, rather than the SANFL footing the bill.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Anyone heard which games channel 7 will be showing for the opening rounds?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby cennals05 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Anyone heard which games channel 7 will be showing for the opening rounds?

Round 1 Central v Eagles
Round 2 Eagles v West
Round 3 Central v Adelaide
Round 4 Adelaide v Port
Round 5 Port v Sturt and Sturt v West (split round)
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby ChickCock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Sounds Great, bloody technology hey, ive just joined up a.s.a.p.

For the price of cigs or less than a carton of beer is pretty god damn amazing if you ask me =D>
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby goddy11 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:19 pm

wild dog wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

The criticism relates to a comparison of costs with the AFL and the quality of the product. Each game is available for replay, it does not need to be watched live. Notwithstanding my opinion that the digital pass is a positive development, if you were a fan of the league and wanted to watch each game, it would be an expensive product for what is a single camera broadcast with an amateur (although enthusiastic and enjoyable) commentary team. The AFL would make a great deal of money off of their Telstra deal; the SANFL essentially has to pay for the broadcasts although the cameras are already a locked in expense.

I like the alternative/amateur feel of the SANFL broadcasts. I like the interviews with the players which are often raw and not the highly trained media / matey stuff where each guy tries desperately to have their own shtick. Its why the realignment of the league to fit in with the AFL has been so disappointing; they had a great product. To a certain audience, the SANFL was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully this years digital pass is a start, we get a healthy subscription and companies take notice and create entire league packages, rather than the SANFL footing the bill.

Good point.
I travel to Myponga a few times a season and enjoy watching SANFL on the TV and having an occasional frothy. However if a AFL game is on guess what will be on the tele.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Dogs72 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 pm

whufc wrote:

I tend to agree,

$29.99 great value for me to see all the CDFC games. Bonus the subscription also goes to the club. Stunned the sanfl has had a good idea this century.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:08 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Anyone heard which games channel 7 will be showing for the opening rounds?

Round 1 Central v Eagles
Round 2 Eagles v West
Round 3 Central v Adelaide
Round 4 Adelaide v Port
Round 5 Port v Sturt and Sturt v West (split round)

South, Glenelg, Norwood & North all miss in first games? :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL