23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Boosh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Lets face it I'm never going to win a premiership so I will take what wins I can.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Boosh wrote:Lets face it I'm never going to win a premiership so I will take what wins I can.

get a clearance come round 9 and chase the Dream
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Jetters » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Yep, sharp call. Not sure the 17yos from school assist with a points issue we don't have, but sharp call nevertheless.

It would be embarrassing for Glenunga not to win the Div 5 premiership with the way theyve whored themselves around and i bet those number$ dont get passed down to the junior side of the club.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Boosh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Whatever justification works for you up on that high horse mate but I think Glenunga are entitled to recruit whoever they want and aren't the first to offer money as an incentive.

I reckon if you looked deep in the history books of the mighty Unley Mercedes Jets or whatever you're calling yourselves this week that you might find that they may have recruited a player from another club at some point and quite possibly they may have paid them for that privilege.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Boosh wrote:Whatever justification works for you up on that high horse mate but I think Glenunga are entitled to recruit whoever they want and aren't the first to offer money as an incentive.

I reckon if you looked deep in the history books of the mighty Unley Mercedes Jets or whatever you're calling yourselves this week that you might find that they may have recruited a player from another club at some point and quite possibly they may have paid them for that privilege.

You wouldn't have to think all that HARDER to find an example Boosh
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Jetters » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Boosh wrote:Whatever justification works for you up on that high horse mate but I think Glenunga are entitled to recruit whoever they want and aren't the first to offer money as an incentive.

No high horse here.

They might be 'entitled' to recruit whoever they want, but after trying to buy most of our side , im justified in saying if you cant achieve success at Div 5 level with the $$ they are offering players they are plainly shit house
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 am

Jetters wrote:

No high horse here.

They might be 'entitled' to recruit whoever they want, but after trying to buy most of our side , im justified in saying if you cant achieve success at Div 5 level with the $$ they are offering players they are plainly shit house

Jetters, I hope it isn't with sour grapes that you are saying this?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 am

Jetters wrote:

No high horse here.

Jetters, I hope it isn't with sour grapes that you are saying this?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:53 pm

You have to understand jetters frustration though. If a clubs recruiting strategy is to simply target your club you'd be annoyed. It's fair game but to target numerous players from your club, who I'm assuming would be Mercedes old scholars & therefore 0 pointers, would get under my skin as well.

I know Glenunga already have a fair few Mercedes lads playing for them.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:

You have to understand jetters frustration though. If a clubs recruiting strategy is to simply target your club you'd be annoyed. It's fair game but to target numerous players from your club, who I'm assuming would be Mercedes old scholars & therefore 0 pointers, would get under my skin as well.

The sort of frustration Glenunga may have felt when 9 of their players made their way to Fitzroy in the off season?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:

The sort of frustration Glenunga may have felt when 9 of their players made their way to Fitzroy in the off season?

Exactly. like I said it's fair game but frustrating for whoever the targeted club is, on the receiving end. I'm sure it's quite common & we could bring up more examples.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:36 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:

Didn't they do that to Fitzroy to get those players to Glenunga in the first place?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Nichdanmatt » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:39 pm

those players were all encouraged to leave glenunga,by the senior coach.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:53 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:

Probably not quite the same, given that most of them probably came over from Fitzroy in the first instance :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 pm

The players that came to Fitzroy from glenunga were not targeted by the club in the first instance. They contacted the club first.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:16 pm

I can't be bothered looking up the rule so perhaps someone here could clarify????

What's the rule with maximum number of transfers from one club to another?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Robran » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

wristwatcher wrote:I can't be bothered looking up the rule so perhaps someone here could clarify????

3 Mate but i believe up to club to be able to release more.. could be wrong
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Robran wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I can't be bothered looking up the rule so perhaps someone here could clarify????

@jetters how many have glenunga signed from Unley?
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby zedman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
Robran wrote:

Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Cronin, Edward
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Katsaras, Jason
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Russell, Simon
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Shanahan, Maurice
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Walsh, Jack

Russell only one pending..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:38 pm

zedman wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:
Robran wrote:

Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Cronin, Edward
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Katsaras, Jason
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Russell, Simon
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Shanahan, Maurice
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Walsh, Jack

Russell only one pending..

Do we have much to worry about Jetters?
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie