6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 am

The_Informer wrote:Lol Stephen Hawking would be about 40 years old and played at Paralowie years ago and then went to Salisbury, anyone who played agaisnt Paralowie would remember Turbo.

Ah the very funny and amusing Turbo. He was a cracker to watch everytime I used to play against Paralowie. A crowd pleaser ha ha ha.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 am

My Tips for Round 1 are:
Elizabeth by 32 points
Ingle Farm by 10 points
West Croydon by 28 points
Fitzroy by 8 points
Houghton by 33 points
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby BZB27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 am

The Balfours Div 6 footy preview.

Elizabeth v Trinity OS
The battle of the north kicks off at Elizabeth with the Eagles looking to get off to a good start after dropping down to 6. The only real quality they have lost is Daniel Hodges to Modbury and the talk has been youth is the go at the club to rise back up but with add of Markis and the return of Cotter from fitzroy to add some more firepower to help Sheppard up forward and with Greenshields still floating in the mids they will still be looking to bounced straight back up.
Trinity on the otherhand have lost star full forward Alex Cotter, and good players in Lemmon, Maher, Rossack and the rumors of Spurr while not adding a whole lot on the other end. New coach Stephen Couzner is known to play a press so will be interesting to see if he has brought that to the tossers.
This will be a great game but if Trinity are to win they will need the likes Zorichs, O'Hara, Sammy Peters, Winning, Macphail to have big days and Perry to take over at full forward. Elizabeth will need all the youth they have to show the speed and zip to past the big blokes of trinity to get it down to Cotter and Sheppard.

Elizabeth 13pts

Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm
Possibly game of the round with last seasons prelim finalist taking on the side which suprising got knocked out in the Elimination final.
The talk of a mass exodus of top players at the Tigers proved to be just that. talk, with only really superstar full forward Tim Aloisi off to the YPFL and decent players in Sobels and Spriggs out of the club. In return they have picked up Hall, McIntyre(SW), Richter from Portland, Fuller and Dean Steele. Who will add to the quality that is there in Dene Steele, Brooks, Savage, Huitema, Mckee and Cosenza.
Ingle Farm have had a mixed pre season with players leaving like Cree and Pryor back to Para Hills and Verigan staying in the NT and losing Wade Matthews to the SANFL but have offset them by adding into a ruckman they needed in Garnell, a superstar in Grae Grant and Dion Coomblas from Greenies.
I reckon the midfield match up is going to be a major key and with Steele, Brooks, Savage, McIntyre, Richter for BL v Sumner, Bryant, Lynch, Grant plus others its going to be a great battle.
Also another key note is seeing who is going to fill Aloisis void weather it be Hall or if they get an even spread.
And will big Brad Sanderson start to fire up forward and kick more straight this season.
I think Ingle Farm will have too much depth around the ground except in the centre square where BL will have a dominance but womt be able to finish up forward.

Ingle Farm 23pts

West Croydon v Salisbury West

The Runners up of last season kick of there campaign with a new coach in Luke Nicholls and without some quality players that took them to the GF in Sumner, O'Toole, Birch, Stancl and the big man in Phillips, take on the premiers of Div 7 who themselves have lost some of there top players in Wellington, Mcintyre, Koler and Schroeter.
West Croydon still have alot of quality at the club with Nicholls, Woodcock, Symons, Cooper, Halls and have added Carr from Mawsons to the midfield. Also will Cam McKinnon be back and at full forward. While Salisbury West seem to have picked up alot and brought up a few juniors it will be interesting to see how they go with what they have in ruckman Ryles, mid Bow and forward Davies.
I think West Croydon still have too much quality with Woodcock to kick a bag and will be too good at home against a side who has lost a fair bit of top end and wont be able to match what the Hawks bring

West Croydon 35pts

Fitzroy v Pulteney
The with the most clearances in the league bar Para Hills v the club who seem to have picked up some top end talent after struggling in d5 last season.
The main question will be how many of the 50 plus clearances actually will play a grade and how many will play in there super c grade side. Bourke will be a massive in for the foward line to help out Dixon plus the other 10 from Glenunga will help out elsewhere.They havnt had it all one way though and have lost some talent with club legend Matt Nelson out of there aswell as young ruckman Sam Bugeja, forwards Cotter and Wheadon and backman Cronin.
Pulteney have alway had a very even squad between the a's and b's but look to have picked up some top talent in Giddings and Tucker from the SANFL and
Jack Hoppo-Luckett from Uraidla. I dont know too much about Pulteney but i know Aish is a big loss in the midfield and they will need others to stand up.
I think with all the in's for Fitzroy and that they are playing on there mountain that they will pull away with a decent victory.

Fitzroy 45pts

Mawson Lakes v Houghton Districts
The rivalery builds on from last season where the Raiders knocked off the Lakes by 1 pt and then 2pts during the regular season. Both side finished out of the 5 but did enough on the last day of the season to aviod relegation.
Mawsons have lost mid Andy Carr to West Croydon while adding a few blokes from all over the place.
Houghton lost star mid Wade Vandermoer back to Pooraka aswell as Dolan and Kamenic. But have been boasted with new coach Brenton Klaebe and what he has brought to the club in his own son Dan Klaebe aswell well as a few young blokes looking for better oppitunites to play a grade footy.
The ruck and midfield battle is the key to this one with Cam Schutz and Mccammon going head to head and McMurtrie, Davis and Keetch against King, Kennett plus some of the new recruits.
Novosel will be dangerous as always up forward and will need a good match up.
Being a bit bias in this one i think we can get the points and get off to a great start to the season.

Houghton 15pts
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 am

BZB27 wrote:The Balfours Div 6 footy preview.

Elizabeth v Trinity OS
The battle of the north kicks off at Elizabeth with the Eagles looking to get off to a good start after dropping down to 6. The only real quality they have lost is Daniel Hodges to Modbury and the talk has been youth is the go at the club to rise back up but with add of Markis and the return of Cotter from fitzroy to add some more firepower to help Sheppard up forward and with Greenshields still floating in the mids they will still be looking to bounced straight back up.
Trinity on the otherhand have lost star full forward Alex Cotter, and good players in Lemmon, Maher, Rossack and the rumors of Spurr while not adding a whole lot on the other end. New coach Stephen Couzner is known to play a press so will be interesting to see if he has brought that to the tossers.
This will be a great game but if Trinity are to win they will need the likes Zorichs, O'Hara, Sammy Peters, Winning, Macphail to have big days and Perry to take over at full forward. Elizabeth will need all the youth they have to show the speed and zip to past the big blokes of trinity to get it down to Cotter and Sheppard.

Elizabeth 13pts

Possibly game of the round with last seasons prelim finalist taking on the side which suprising got knocked out in the Elimination final.
The talk of a mass exodus of top players at the Tigers proved to be just that. talk, with only really superstar full forward Tim Aloisi off to the YPFL and decent players in Sobels and Spriggs out of the club. In return they have picked up Hall, McIntyre(SW), Richter from Portland, Fuller and Dean Steele. Who will add to the quality that is there in Dene Steele, Brooks, Savage, Huitema, Mckee and Cosenza.
Ingle Farm have had a mixed pre season with players leaving like Cree and Pryor back to Para Hills and Verigan staying in the NT and losing Wade Matthews to the SANFL but have offset them by adding into a ruckman they needed in Garnell, a superstar in Grae Grant and Dion Coomblas from Greenies.
I reckon the midfield match up is going to be a major key and with Steele, Brooks, Savage, McIntyre, Richter for BL v Sumner, Bryant, Lynch, Grant plus others its going to be a great battle.
Also another key note is seeing who is going to fill Aloisis void weather it be Hall or if they get an even spread.
And will big Brad Sanderson start to fire up forward and kick more straight this season.
I think Ingle Farm will have too much depth around the ground except in the centre square where BL will have a dominance but womt be able to finish up forward.

Ingle Farm 23pts

The Runners up of last season kick of there campaign with a new coach in Luke Nicholls and without some quality players that took them to the GF in Sumner, O'Toole, Birch, Stancl and the big man in Phillips, take on the premiers of Div 7 who themselves have lost some of there top players in Wellington, Mcintyre, Koler and Schroeter.
West Croydon still have alot of quality at the club with Nicholls, Woodcock, Symons, Cooper, Halls and have added Carr from Mawsons to the midfield. Also will Cam McKinnon be back and at full forward. While Salisbury West seem to have picked up alot and brought up a few juniors it will be interesting to see how they go with what they have in ruckman Ryles, mid Bow and forward Davies.
I think West Croydon still have too much quality with Woodcock to kick a bag and will be too good at home against a side who has lost a fair bit of top end and wont be able to match what the Hawks bring

West Croydon 35pts

Fitzroy v Pulteney
The with the most clearances in the league bar Para Hills v the club who seem to have picked up some top end talent after struggling in d5 last season.
The main question will be how many of the 50 plus clearances actually will play a grade and how many will play in there super c grade side. Bourke will be a massive in for the foward line to help out Dixon plus the other 10 from Glenunga will help out elsewhere.They havnt had it all one way though and have lost some talent with club legend Matt Nelson out of there aswell as young ruckman Sam Bugeja, forwards Cotter and Wheadon and backman Cronin.
Pulteney have alway had a very even squad between the a's and b's but look to have picked up some top talent in Giddings and Tucker from the SANFL and
Jack Hoppo-Luckett from Uraidla. I dont know too much about Pulteney but i know Aish is a big loss in the midfield and they will need others to stand up.
I think with all the in's for Fitzroy and that they are playing on there mountain that they will pull away with a decent victory.

Fitzroy 45pts

The rivalery builds on from last season where the Raiders knocked off the Lakes by 1 pt and then 2pts during the regular season. Both side finished out of the 5 but did enough on the last day of the season to aviod relegation.
Mawsons have lost mid Andy Carr to West Croydon while adding a few blokes from all over the place.
Houghton lost star mid Wade Vandermoer back to Pooraka aswell as Dolan and Kamenic. But have been boasted with new coach Brenton Klaebe and what he has brought to the club in his own son Dan Klaebe aswell well as a few young blokes looking for better oppitunites to play a grade footy.
The ruck and midfield battle is the key to this one with Cam Schutz and Mccammon going head to head and McMurtrie, Davis and Keetch against King, Kennett plus some of the new recruits.
Being a bit bias in this one i think we can get the points and get off to a great start to the season.

Houghton 15pts

Zartan's going to kill you.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:18 am

Good read mate, well done =D> :supz:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby BZB27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:26 am

Zartan wrote:Good read mate, well done =D> :supz:

Started it last night in my notes then finished it off this morning haha. Cheers mate
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:52 am

BZB27 wrote:

Started it last night in my notes then finished it off this morning haha. Cheers mate

When did you get back bud?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby BZB27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:02 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
BZB27 wrote:

Sunday arvo
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:17 am

BZB27 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
BZB27 wrote:

Sunday arvo

Did ya have a good trip? It's gonna be a headache for Brenton and Hendo to pick sides for this weekend.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby carey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 am

Bombers4eva IN and pick the side around him!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:25 am

carey wrote:Bombers4eva IN and pick the side around him!

Carey have you been secretly watching our trials? I'm the Raider's secret weapon (NOT). Ha ha ha ha.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby carey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:

Carey have you been secretly watching our trials? I'm the Raider's secret weapon (NOT). Ha ha ha ha.

No spying, Just going on Ian 'Golf bag' Hendersons word :lol:
carey
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 am

1 out in the forward half.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby carey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Who would he talk to? Lol :lol: ;)
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 am

Back pocket I'm guessing
carey
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

More like left right out ha ha.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 am

carey wrote:Back pocket I'm guessing

You know me far too well my friend.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby old farmer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Elizabeth v Trinity OS

Elizabeth 13pts

Ingle Farm 23pts

West Croydon 35pts

Fitzroy v Pulteney

Fitzroy 45pts

Houghton 15pts

The management of Santos thank you.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 pm

old farmer wrote:The management of Santos thank you.

Got a bonus today - management must really enjoy reading my work :lol: ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Elizabeth v Trinity OS

Elizabeth 13pts

Ingle Farm 23pts

West Croydon 35pts

Fitzroy v Pulteney

Fitzroy 45pts

Houghton 15pts

Pultney r my flag favs. They have been more than competitive in Div 5 for a few years now. Aish is a brilliant player but they relied on him way too much which made them a little 1 dimensional.

Barris (from memory), who they try & free up off a back flank so they can direct an awful lot of play through, is a very good player & user of the ball. I was more worried about this bloke than Aish when we played them.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League