4%
Unley Mercedes Jets
7%

Total votes : 55

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

Postby Fricky » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Cash 123 wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:Doesn't matter if he's a Broadview product or not,he signed a contract and was our best player.
Get a home loan then don't want it see if the bank will just say oh ok don't worry about it. Signatures have to be worth something and sooner the younger generation realise it the better fwiw.

Hope broadies hold firm and he stands out for the year

would the same apply is he was one of the worst players? I doubt it

we are talking about playing local footy not taking out mortgages for hundreds of thousands of dollars

Broadview may want to consider changing their policy here or will end up with a bad image

for what its worth they will get smoked by 10+ goals this week by SHOC

I'm quietly confident you have had no issue being released from your previous clubs my friend ;)

I agree with your sentiment though, if someone doesn't want to be at our club then it's Bon voyage. Blokes who commit to a club and then jump ship for cash will soon have a reputation for doing so and word spreads pretty quick in the football world.

They may get the reputation but clubs will keep picking them up
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:10 pm

or maybe we revisit the blackballing of players who head to the hills for $$$.

It was considered last year I think but when it came to the crunch, the clubs chickened out and voted against it.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:26 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:And this my friends is why SAust footy is deteriorating at a rapid rate of knots. Country clubs who break salary caps come and raid city clubs for their better players and you all think that's fine. So glad I'm out of it.

The country not playing ball with TPPS is one thing. He's one player. Don't make it bigger than that
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:or maybe we revisit the blackballing of players who head to the hills for $$$.

It was considered last year I think but when it came to the crunch, the clubs chickened out and voted against it.

In the run up to Easter, when we're talking about a player who was recruited from another club to your club a certain "live by the sword, die by the sword comes to mind"

Totally in favour of that rule to beat the league's who doubled crossed us on TPPS with a stick though.

Having said that, our own league could have increased our own salary Cap (or at least done a sliding scale by division) and that was voted down.

We've engineered our own situation in my view
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:33 am

TIRED TIGER wrote:And this my friends is why SAust footy is deteriorating at a rapid rate of knots. Country clubs who break salary caps come and raid city clubs for their better players and you all think that's fine. So glad I'm out of it.

It goes both ways. Haven't you signed countless players for $$$ from lower div ammo clubs? Fairly sure Burnett isn't a Broadview junior product. Neither was Warner. Or Fergus. I can keep going if you like.

Glass houses mate.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:44 am

Pag wrote:

It goes both ways. Haven't you signed countless players for $$$ from lower div ammo clubs? Fairly sure Burnett isn't a Broadview junior product. Neither was Warner. Or Fergus. I can keep going if you like.

Glass houses mate.

Burnett has only played for two clubs IIRC, he played all of his juniors at Salisbury West and Broadview seem to have a knack of picking up talented SW lads, I think Broadies are on a good thing there and should keep the good relationship going as the SW lads I know quite enjoy it out there.

The best result for everyone has come out IMO, I could understand if he only just came to the decision in the past week or two, Broadies had every right to dig their heels in as he'd be hard to replace with no notice.

By no means to I have any disrespect for the Broadview Football Club, they've made me feel very welcome every time I've umpired there, they are very professional from the top to the bottom levels and I was hoping my son was going to play out there this season.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:

Glass houses mate.

Burnett has only played for two clubs IIRC, he played all of his juniors at Salisbury West and Broadview seem to have a knack of picking up talented SW lads, I think Broadies are on a good thing there and should keep the good relationship going as the SW lads I know quite enjoy it out there.

The best result for everyone has come out IMO, I could understand if he only just came to the decision in the past week or two, Broadies had every right to dig their heels in as he'd be hard to replace with no notice.

By no means to I have any disrespect for the Broadview Football Club, they've made me feel very welcome every time I've umpired there, they are very professional from the top to the bottom levels and I was hoping my son was going to play out there this season.

Who do you umpire for LM?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:38 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Who do you umpire for LM?

Various leagues, I'm not a club umpire.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Who do you umpire for LM?

Various leagues, I'm not a club umpire.

Are you umpiring Div 6 this year?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:50 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Are you umpiring Div 6 this year?

Na, I umpire in the APFL, SAWFL and occasionally the NEMJFL although I'll probably just stick to the Adelaide Plains this season and keep my Friday and Saturday evenings free, along with my Sundays.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Pag wrote:

Glass houses mate.

Think you will find Fergus is still there unless something has changed since Tuesday night
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3705 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby bird of prey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm

I've always been a believer of if a bloke doesn't want to play there, just clear em. Of course they must be financial before that happens. So definitely holding back a clearance for that reason is valid.
We've cleared blokes after they've signed with us, and had blokes cleared to us after signing elsewhere.
I'd like to see a standard fee maybe paid to each club (call it pain and suffering, or an admin fee or something). That way the club gets something out of it. Rather than the club just getting screwed a week or 2 before the season starts (and all your planning of how to spend your salary cap and points is already done).
Our leagues salary cap has nothing to do with it, as country clubs will always be able to pay more. They were recruiting players from our league long before the salary cap was in existence.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby carey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:51 pm

I believe what Broadview have done is effectively ruled out any chance of Burnett ever playing for Broadies again. His mid 20's the travel will kill him, it always does. I did it for 5 years and it sucks! I reckon he'll be 1 year away and be back playing SAAFL. By no means should have they let him go without trying to keep him after all he was the best player and Captain but to deny him 3 or 4 times what ever it is was to me you've lost him for good.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:27 pm

locky801 wrote:
Pag wrote:

Glass houses mate.

Think you will find Fergus is still there unless something has changed since Tuesday night

He is. My point was that Broadies can hardly complain about being 'raided' by the country when they have a history of 'raiding' lower-div SAAFL clubs of their guns.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Pag wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Pag wrote:

Glass houses mate.

He is. My point was that Broadies can hardly complain about being 'raided' by the country when they have a history of 'raiding' lower-div SAAFL clubs of their guns.

u probably know more than me re that
locky801
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 pm

Fair to say some blow out results in Round 1, Gaza and Scotch having the closest game.

Lets see what Round 2 brings
locky801
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Get the feeling the top 3 will have a very coastal feeling between Henley, PHOS and SHOC
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Lol its not the country clubs who got cheating the salary cap. Why do you think its all been kept quiet? Cant have the high and almighty amateur league with egg on their face now can we
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:45 pm

Pag wrote:

Glass houses mate.

Yeah anyone would think country clubs dont lose players to the city. Alot more go into the amateur league than leave for the country
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby SuperFrank » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Modbury Riverland Football League Fisher, Jacob Approved 2017-03-31 2017-04-01

Spot on about country losing more than they gain, specially with the young talent who move for work opportunities. There is a reason why their salary cap is higher!!! Home grown talent is becoming very rare......
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League