Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby The Big Shrek » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:I thought once you got de-registered for exceeding the 16 games suspension you were unable to play anywhere. What was he de-registered for?

I was under the same impression.
I can't say I've ever heard of someone hitting 16 games suspension without reason so it seems reasonable that they would never be able to play again.
Surely you could just go around to different leagues and hit people at will if this is the case?

The bloke got 15 games reduced to 13 on appeal. He ran into a melter after one of his teammates got knocked out. From memory he slung someone to the ground then pushed an umpire in the chest. Was looking the other way when he pushed the umpire and thought it was a player.

I won't comment about whether the tribunal treats people fromSalisbury North differently but I was at the game and I thought he was hard done by. One incident so he is hardly a repeat offender and never hit anyone. Amateur league bans you for life after 12 games. You can go back on a good behaviour bond but there would be issues with a Salisbury North player doing that.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:04 am

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:I've heard Mallala has picked up a former U18 ruckman from WWT?

:-?

Based Baqeri. Confirmed!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Anzac Day footy, United v Mallala on Tuesday, April 25. I like it. These stand alone games tend to be a decent feature
OnSong
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm

OnSong wrote:Anzac Day footy, United v Mallala on Tuesday, April 25. I like it. These stand alone games tend to be a decent feature

Yep, awesome fixturing. I'll be wandering up to watch.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 pm

OnSong wrote:Anzac Day footy, United v Mallala on Tuesday, April 25. I like it. These stand alone games tend to be a decent feature

Only a 4 day break inbetween games for both clubs....I'm gonna be feeling alittle sorry for the old fossil SD on having to back that up ;)
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:

Only a 4 day break inbetween games for both clubs....I'm gonna be feeling a little sorry for the old fossil SD on having to back that up ;)

The buzz of playing on Anzac Day will counter the fatigue setting in for Round 2.
OnSong
Coach

Postby 23rd man » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm guessing you play one of these teams in rd 2 OS?? Surely if they had any inclination that they were going to play it on the Tuesday they could of programmed rd2 fixtures against last years cellar dwellers?? Instead Mallala play Virginia and United Play Balaklava....
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby ROOBOY18 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:50 pm

23rd man wrote:I'm guessing you play one of these teams in rd 2 OS?? Surely if they had any inclination that they were going to play it on the Tuesday they could of programmed rd2 fixtures against last years cellar dwellers?? Instead Mallala play Virginia and United Play Balaklava....

My thought exactly :evil:
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:44 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:

Only a 4 day break inbetween games for both clubs....I'm gonna be feeling alittle sorry for the old fossil SD on having to back that up ;)

Old SD looking fitter than he was as a teenager doing all those triathlons over summer, heard a rumor he's missing for the first two rounds.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:05 am

23rd man wrote:I'm guessing you play one of these teams in rd 2 OS?? Surely if they had any inclination that they were going to play it on the Tuesday they could of programmed rd2 fixtures against last years cellar dwellers?? Instead Mallala play Virginia and United Play Balaklava....

Excellent point, unfortunately they can't even swap it for another round as there are no rounds during the season where both teams play the Hamley and Angle Vale the same week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Excellent point, unfortunately they can't even swap it for another round as there are no rounds during the season where both teams play the Hamley and Angle Vale the same week.

I was unaware of who played who in Round 2 when I made the comment but ultimately, it's the clubs who decided they wanted to play Tuesday, not the league.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:36 am

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I was unaware of who played who in Round 2 when I made the comment but ultimately, it's the clubs who decided they wanted to play Tuesday, not the league.

I don't think you will find anyone from Mallala or United complaining about a short break. I think both clubs acknowledge what a privilege it is to play on ANZAC day and understand that sacrifices need to be made in order for this fixture to continue on into the future. If it means a shorter break than their opponents the following week - big deal. The worst thing that could happen is that they loose a game :shock: . If you miss the finals because of one loss you probably don't deserve to be playing finals anyway. As for programming the fixture so that these clubs face weaker opponents the following week - it would be a fair slap in the face if you were nominated as one of these two clubs prior to the season starting. I think we should leave it as it is - ultimately if Mallala or United have an issue with it - the mid-week ANZAC day clash won't go ahead.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:48 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't think you will find anyone from Mallala or United complaining about a short break. I think both clubs acknowledge what a privilege it is to play on ANZAC day and understand that sacrifices need to be made in order for this fixture to continue on into the future. If it means a shorter break than their opponents the following week - big deal. The worst thing that could happen is that they loose a game :shock: . If you miss the finals because of one loss you probably don't deserve to be playing finals anyway. As for programming the fixture so that these clubs face weaker opponents the following week - it would be a fair slap in the face if you were nominated as one of these two clubs prior to the season starting. I think we should leave it as it is - ultimately if Mallala or United have an issue with it - the mid-week ANZAC day clash won't go ahead.

x2, and the novelty, the atmosphere, is close to a final.

It's a thrill for most players I would imagine.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:53 am

Also, the season previews for APFL clubs have started in the Producer this week, starting from the bottom of the 2016 ladder with Angle Vale and Hamley Bridge.

Credit to Kym Herrmann to step back into the coaching fold after what he's been through (admittedly his own doing) but it takes a lot to fight back from where he was.

Hamley, well, Goody has it all ahead of him after a handful of regular A graders left including the skipper, leading goal kicker and reigning best and fairest.

Full two-page season fixture too.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 pm

OnSong wrote:Also, the season previews for APFL clubs have started in the Producer this week, starting from the bottom of the 2016 ladder with Angle Vale and Hamley Bridge.

Credit to Kym Herrmann to step back into the coaching fold after what he's been through (admittedly his own doing) but it takes a lot to fight back from where he was.

Hamley, well, Goody has it all ahead of him after a handful of regular A graders left including the skipper, leading goal kicker and reigning best and fairest.

OnSong - what is your take on AV after speaking with KH? I look forward to reading the previews in the paper, but how do you see them going?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:Also, the season previews for APFL clubs have started in the Producer this week, starting from the bottom of the 2016 ladder with Angle Vale and Hamley Bridge.

OnSong - what is your take on AV after speaking with KH? I look forward to reading the previews in the paper, but how do you see them going?

They've got a large senior squad.
Kym has a pretty decent gauge on who would be quality players etc and he didn't really talk up the quality of a lot of blokes.
Think the idea is build the squad numbers so colts aren't playing three games on a Saturday, and build from there.
A win over HB in round 1 wouldn't surprise, Kym seemed to think the lads did well in a trial against Berri but I'd find it hard to suggest they'll win more than 3 games this season and even then, the Bombers got the Owls by sizeable margins twice last year.
I'd back them in to be more competitive, that was Kym's way when he was playing, so expect a tougher contest, it's the least he'd demand.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 pm

I heard AV beat Berri in their trial?
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:I heard AV beat Berri in their trial?

Heard that too but depends who you talk to.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:38 am

OnSong wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:I heard AV beat Berri in their trial?

Heard that too but depends who you talk to.

Doesn't surprise me. Aren't Berri's recruits from Hamley Bridge? Not going to exactly be strong are they.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:19 am

HWE and United season previews in the paper this week.

The Eagles going under the radar a bit. Hill's return is huge, Light going to play a lot more games, and apparently Shane McGuinness has returned with 16kg of muscle on him after having a year off.

United should continue to improve under Krieg, the loss of Suttie to an ACL during a trial match does follow the Tigers' cruel run with injury though.
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy