Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby backoftheroom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:29 am

Zartan wrote:
backoftheroom wrote:Players moving about already. Tyrell Sinclair headed to Northerns after playing in the 2's GF for Tea Tree Gully over the weekend.

overrated anyway.. But I heard Prospect is his destination.

Bad decision if he's going to the Pirates. They promised the world to Ayden McGregor-Baptista last seasona nd when he didn't perform right away they had him back down the pecking order immediately. Given he and Tyrell are very similar players it would be a bizarre move.
backoftheroom

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:37 am

Also bizarre move to Northerns given their rumoured problems....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:55 am

heater31 wrote:Also bizarre move to Northerns given their rumoured problems....

could be making the move to play highest grade.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby backoftheroom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am

Opportunity the obvious reason, but strange to go to a club that's promised a guy with more ability and a similar team role that they'd 'turn him into a Test cricketer', only to have him waste away not bowling or making runs,
backoftheroom

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:20 am

backoftheroom wrote:Opportunity the obvious reason, but strange to go to a club that's promised a guy with more ability and a similar team role that they'd 'turn him into a Test cricketer', only to have him waste away not bowling or making runs,

LOL, I don't recall that being the reason AMB went to Prospect.. think you've been hearing a few tall stories there ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby backoftheroom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:29 am

Zartan wrote:
backoftheroom wrote:Opportunity the obvious reason, but strange to go to a club that's promised a guy with more ability and a similar team role that they'd 'turn him into a Test cricketer', only to have him waste away not bowling or making runs,

LOL, I don't recall that being the reason AMB went to Prospect.. think you've been hearing a few tall stories there ;)

From the horses mouth that one.
backoftheroom

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 am

backoftheroom wrote:
Zartan wrote:

From the horses mouth that one.

I was there when the discussion occurred to first get him across from ET - he wanted opportunity with bat and ball - was batting lower order at ET and was bowling behind Mick Cranmer.. he was looking at going to Pt Adelaide then was promised top 6 bat and bowl regular overs at Prossies in the 1's, and of course the lesser travel to Prospect from Pt Adelaide was appealing.

Also Prossies were certain they were gonna be the big improvers this season and be at the top end of the table.

Never a discussion or a promise of turning him into a test cricketer... although there may or may not have been a discussion around bat sponsor or similar ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby backoftheroom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:45 am

Very interesting. Any other players rumoured to be on the move anywhere? Northerns had been approaching a few players before the season had even finished.
backoftheroom

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:04 pm

A few retirements I think. Jake Haberfield finished during the season. Simon Roberts I believe has finished. Trent Kelly I understand will hang them up tjough has retired once before and ut didn't take! Carl Tietjens I'm unsure if he will go around again. All very good cricketers and still key players for their teams.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Aerie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:48 pm

https://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/Commit ... =3&CId=332

Final report from Select Committee. Not a good look for the SACA (as expected).
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:04 am

Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Aerie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:38 pm

https://hansardpublic.parliament.sa.gov ... D-11-25801

More stuff worth reading if interested in the Select Committee findings.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Northern Dostricts chasing an ex first class cricketer to captain/coach for next season. Also trying to chase players and flaunt some money which players were told they did not have during the season. Sean Watt taking charge so who knows what could happen?!? I know there's a young bowler that played A grade all season quite unhappy.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:59 am

They could try and concentrate on their juniors. Many disgruntled juniors left the club this season, and many will leave now its finished. Why they don't focus more on Barossa kids is a mystery, lots of talented individuals that simply aren't given the same shot as "generational" jets children regardless of their talent
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:34 am

I totally agree that the Juniors could be looked after more at NDCC.

But I've also seen first hand a number of Barossa kids given every opportunity and then not returning. It's a two way street.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:59 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:I totally agree that the Juniors could be looked after more at NDCC.

But I've also seen first hand a number of Barossa kids given every opportunity and then not returning. It's a two way street.

Me too, there's been periods of time where metro lads couldn't get a sniff and then I hear the Barossa lads are getting overlooked.

I guess when they appoint a Barossa based coach they have seen first hand each player from their region.

I've been critical of them previously but have been impressed with their equality of attracting junior players over the past 12 months along with the opportunities they are giving.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:04 am

You can only hope these kids progress and turn the senior sides around. I think the solution of trying to spend money may backfire on them big time.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:16 am

If money is spent on quality coaching at senior, women's and junior level then it's a good thing for the club. If it's for short term stuff like recruits at A Grade level then it not.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 am

From what I hear it will be A grade recruits and for keeping some unhappy A graders. We will see though. Think West Torrens are a good example of how getting a fantastic coach can help turn a club around.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Happycamper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:Northern Dostricts chasing an ex first class cricketer to captain/coach for next season. Also trying to chase players and flaunt some money which players were told they did not have during the season. Sean Watt taking charge so who knows what could happen?!? I know there's a young bowler that played A grade all season quite unhappy.

Don't they already have a current first class cricketer as captain?.....do you have a name?

Why would a young bowler who has played A grade all season not be happy?.....would he rather be playing a lower grade?

Surely the right balance is to recruit a great coach - who can bat, and a genuine fast bowler capable of bowling teams out......along with the mix of current experienced players and rapidly developing young players, including those from the Barossa.
Happycamper
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps