Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:12 pm

MW wrote:By accepting a sponsorship deal from a foreign company and god forbid they are Chinese? oh dear...

Do u honestly think though the Crows were working on this deal before Port made there move

It's clear to all football fans in this state except Crows fans that at present Port are winning the 'offield war' at present in this state
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:13 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:The writing has been on the wall...I saw Nigel Smart eat a spring roll a few weeks back.

Yeah but I saw Keith Thomas eating fried rice a few months ago........ so really Port are the innovators here.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:38 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Impey was always going to come in. Eddy a little unlucky IMO, Amon a little lucky, again, IMO.

Obviously sticking with the Trengove forward tactic as with he and Dixon we are playing two key targets, Eddy was the 3rd (?) tall, perhaps not required against the Fremantle defence.

I would have kept Eddy in and made Impey wait another week.
Trengove will need to help Ryder out against big Sandilands so I would have kept Eddy in as the 3rd forward.

No. I don't agree about Eddy. He's not AFL standard now & unfortunately I don't think he ever will be. He's another Toumpas type poor recruiting decision. I'd be happy if he doesn't get selected in the team again. But that's just my opinion fwiw.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Impey was always going to come in. Eddy a little unlucky IMO, Amon a little lucky, again, IMO.

Obviously sticking with the Trengove forward tactic as with he and Dixon we are playing two key targets, Eddy was the 3rd (?) tall, perhaps not required against the Fremantle defence.

I would have kept Eddy in and made Impey wait another week.
Trengove will need to help Ryder out against big Sandilands so I would have kept Eddy in as the 3rd forward.

No. I don't agree about Eddy. He's not AFL standard now & unfortunately I don't think he ever will be. He's another Toumpas type poor recruiting decision. I'd be happy if he doesn't get selected in the team again. But that's just my opinion fwiw.

There's only one JIMMY TOUMPAS!
C'mon sing it...............

I'd have Eddy a bit above Jimmy!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Eddy recruited for the SANFL flag.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby MW » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:55 pm

whufc wrote:
MW wrote:By accepting a sponsorship deal from a foreign company and god forbid they are Chinese? oh dear...

Do u honestly think though the Crows were working on this deal before Port made there move

It's clear to all football fans in this state except Crows fans that at present Port are winning the 'offield war' at present in this state

Do you honestly believe the Crows signed China Southern because Port want to play in China?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby saintal » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:57 pm

whufc wrote:

The predicable dick-measuring contest between supporters on 'social media' and other footy forums has been amusing..

Shame Eddy got the flick, dont want him playing in the SANFL. Thought one more week may have been on the cards.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:06 pm

Zartan wrote:
MW wrote:LOL
Crows are not allowed any Chinese company sponsorships cause Port said the word China!

It is a little amusing though.. Crows do seem to be second to the ball in innovation and originality in this state :lol:

When their original ideas include walking over hot coals, trying to steal the state guernsey, referring to members as customers, have crowd noise playing over the speakers, organizing nights for chant rehearsal and conducting dodgy contract deals it's probably good that they don't try to come up with any more ideas themselves
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Not being a supporter of either Adelaide side..... I found this amusing and slightly ironic!!

Did the cows need to copy the tarps idea Barry? ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Crows are not allowed any Chinese company sponsorships cause Port said the word China!

It is a little amusing though.. Crows do seem to be second to the ball in innovation and originality in this state :lol:

When their original ideas include walking over hot coals, trying to steal the state guernsey, referring to members as customers, have crowd noise playing over the speakers, organizing nights for chant rehearsal and conducting dodgy contract deals it's probably good that they don't try to come up with any more ideas themselves

But Port wear the State Guernsey with different colours?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:03 pm

heater31 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Not being a supporter of either Adelaide side..... I found this amusing and slightly ironic!!

Did the cows need to copy the tarps idea Barry? ;)

Not yet
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:39 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
RustyCage wrote:
Zartan wrote:

But Port wear the State Guernsey with different colours?

Crows wear Geelong guernseys in a different colour, Richmond wear Essendon guernseys, Hawthorn wear Collingwood.... are you serious? :roll:
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:17 pm

It's okay Ruben, I'm not being serious - just sticking to the banality of the conversation.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:21 am

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide’s Jarman Impey has been convicted and fined $700 over a hit and run car accident in December last year.

The 21-year-old crashed into three other cars, including teammate Angus Monfries’ vehicle, after a drinking session with teammates, before the fleeing the scene.

Impey was fined $5,000 by the club and suspended for the opening round of the season.

He appeared in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to three charges.

Having already served his club imposed suspension, Impey will play against Fremantle this weekend, after being named in the selected side.

Youngster Aidyn Johnson, who was a passenger in Impey’s car at the time of the accident, was also been fined $5,000 and banned from playing football in round one.

Precedent hs been set.
If anyone gets pissed and has a prang just go missing till the next day. No loss of license and a small fine. :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:37 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:It's okay Ruben, I'm not being serious - just sticking to the banality of the conversation.

Banality - I like it! :lol:
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:39 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:Port Adelaide’s Jarman Impey has been convicted and fined $700 over a hit and run car accident in December last year.

The 21-year-old crashed into three other cars, including teammate Angus Monfries’ vehicle, after a drinking session with teammates, before the fleeing the scene.

Impey was fined $5,000 by the club and suspended for the opening round of the season.

He appeared in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to three charges.

Having already served his club imposed suspension, Impey will play against Fremantle this weekend, after being named in the selected side.

Youngster Aidyn Johnson, who was a passenger in Impey’s car at the time of the accident, was also been fined $5,000 and banned from playing football in round one.

Precedent hs been set.
If anyone gets pissed and has a prang just go missing till the next day. No loss of license and a small fine. :shock:
That precedent was set long ago, Ronnie Burns, Graham Johncock say hi
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Ronnie Burns breath tested at scene of accident as he did not leave it.

Graham Johncock breath tested at zero but did leave scene of accident.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:16 am

One swallow does not make a summer, like one win does not make a winter but on the back of the Sydney win the thumping of Fremantle would have given the playing group some much needed confidence that the game they want to play, when they play it, works. Works well. Now the challenge. The standard has been set early in the year and what we've seen in the last two weeks must now be the bare minimum every week. From the pressure on the ball carrier, to the structure behind the ball, to the defenders coming up and locking the ball in the forward half, to the big man up front clunking some marks. This is the standard.

30 touches and 6 goals, I'm scratching my head thinking who may have achieved that double in recent memory. You'd have to think the day Fanning kicked 18 he might have had 30 touches, maybe not. Dunstall kicked 17.5 one day, I doubt there was many handballs. Either way, Robbie Gray yesterday stood out head and shoulders below all the other midfielders, bar one, on the field. Gray was simply brilliant. He's been top shelf for a couple of years now, yesterday confirmed he's a bone fide A grader of the AFL.

One bloke who is doing his best to join him is Ollie Wines. He's been outstanding in the first two matches. 31 touches ( 19 contested @ 74% ), 4 I50's, 2 goals, 2 goal assists. Took a pretty special effort from Gray to bump him for BOG honors. Powell-Pepper in his second game, 25 touches ( 14 contested 92% DE ) 4 tackles, 1 goal. Ebert, 28, 10 I50's. The big boys in the middle were the difference.

Some reward up front for the big man too. Dixon, in perhaps his best game in Port colours, 12 touches, 7 marks ( 4 contested, 5 I50 ) and 4 goals. Finally took some clunkers where he got both hands to it. Took a couple of strong grabs in Sydney, took a couple yesterday in front of the eyes. The type of marks you expect the big key forwards to take. Excellent. Hope to see more of it through the year.

Honorable mentions to Polec who again carried the ball, broke lines and used it with precision ( 19 @ 90% DE ), Sam Gray and Amon who keep the selection panel thinking about who is next out, Dan Houston for again showing his cool head across the back half and last but most certainly not least to Ross Lyon. Thanks Ross for bringing a sub-AFL standard group to Adelaide Oval. We were looking for some road kill to build our confidence on the back of the Sydney win and you, you brought it. Cheers, Rosco.

Note - No Port supporter will be getting carried away with yesterdays win, no Sir, it was a game we should have won, did win and won comfortably against an absolute rabble. Nothing more than confidence taken out of that one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:33 am

Booney wrote:One swallow does not make a summer, like one win does not make a winter but on the back of the Sydney win the thumping of Fremantle would have given the playing group some much needed confidence that the game they want to play, when they play it, works. Works well. Now the challenge. The standard has been set early in the year and what we've seen in the last two weeks must now be the bare minimum every week. From the pressure on the ball carrier, to the structure behind the ball, to the defenders coming up and locking the ball in the forward half, to the big man up front clunking some marks. This is the standard.

30 touches and 6 goals, I'm scratching my head thinking who may have achieved that double in recent memory. You'd have to think the day Fanning kicked 18 he might have had 30 touches, maybe not. Dunstall kicked 17.5 one day, I doubt there was many handballs. Either way, Robbie Gray yesterday stood out head and shoulders below all the other midfielders, bar one, on the field. Gray was simply brilliant. He's been top shelf for a couple of years now, yesterday confirmed he's a bone fide A grader of the AFL.

One bloke who is doing his best to join him is Ollie Wines. He's been outstanding in the first two matches. 31 touches ( 19 contested @ 74% ), 4 I50's, 2 goals, 2 goal assists. Took a pretty special effort from Gray to bump him for BOG honors. Powell-Pepper in his second game, 25 touches ( 14 contested 92% DE ) 4 tackles, 1 goal. Ebert, 28, 10 I50's. The big boys in the middle were the difference.

Some reward up front for the big man too. Dixon, in perhaps his best game in Port colours, 12 touches, 7 marks ( 4 contested, 5 I50 ) and 4 goals. Finally took some clunkers where he got both hands to it. Took a couple of strong grabs in Sydney, took a couple yesterday in front of the eyes. The type of marks you expect the big key forwards to take. Excellent. Hope to see more of it through the year.

Honorable mentions to Polec who again carried the ball, broke lines and used it with precision ( 19 @ 90% DE ), Sam Gray and Amon who keep the selection panel thinking about who is next out, Dan Houston for again showing his cool head across the back half and last but most certainly not least to Ross Lyon. Thanks Ross for bringing a sub-AFL standard group to Adelaide Oval. We were looking for some road kill to build our confidence on the back of the Sydney win and you, you brought it. Cheers, Rosco.

Note - Every Port supporter will be getting carried away with yesterdays win, Yes Siree, it was a game we should have won, did win and won comfortably against an absolute rabble. Nothing more than confidence to win the flag to be taken out of that one.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby MW » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:47 am

Playing excellent footy to start the year. The fast starts compared to the Crows slow starts is going to make the 1st quarter on Saturday night so important...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL